Why do they get angry when I tell them, "Why are you studying that? We'll automate you in a decade"?

Why do they get angry when I tell them, "Why are you studying that? We'll automate you in a decade"?

Attached: 2024.png (400x400, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
bls.gov/emp/tables/employment-by-major-industry-sector.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-cloning_theorem
youtube.com/watch?v=5ng-t0o7E-w
youtube.com/watch?v=9tH3AnYyAI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're probably wrong

>implying you won't be automated too
Can't wait until there are robots everywhere, suicide/depression rates will skyrocket

>50% by 2024
(x)doubt

Because they're luddites.
Automation is a good thing too, just become the operator of said automated machinery
I drive a monorail at work and it is the smuggest feeling to just sit back and click the button, letting the train drive itself. The future is now bros.

Attached: smug.jpg (600x800, 75K)

the irony of this post is that op is probably a shitty dev who will get automated too

The irony would be if it were a bot posting.

This. Yet by some point, it will be 50%+.

More automation can and will be done. We already know even not entirely trivial perception and processes and stuff can be automated.

Im a tour guide and wondering how they will automate my job. Hopefully there is a way and I can replace all the lazy workers.

r/im14andthisisdeep

Getting automated is bliss. Getting automated is life. Only idiots fear being freed from the chains.

> "We'll"
> A shitposter on a Swahili pigeon breeder forum
> Automating anything

Sure kid.

Attached: implying37568.jpg (490x515, 44K)

It will also do wonders for the drug and alcohol abuse rates to, unemployment always does.

that's a good thing
working is for gaylords id rather smoke weed

It says "at risk of being automated", not "will be automated".
Basically it means nothing.

Jokes on them because I'm a hikiNEET

Jobs that require the "human touch," or a performance with charisma will probably not be automated any time soon. There's been recorded tour guides on tapes and documentaries for decades, but they never replaced people.
Even if AI can compose music, write books and paint right now, the demand for human creativity and charisma will still be on demand

Because you're an unfeeling robot who's too socially retarded to say it without sounding like a condescending prick.

>Jobs that require the "human touch," or a performance with charisma will probably not be automated any time soon
these will be the 1st to go

Feelings are for fags

I understand, user: human emotion are robots' sour grapes. It's okay as long as you don't go outside.

Another local freshman falls for job automation meme

That won't even happen in your grandchild's lifetime. Retarded correlation toys can only go so far.

Recorded guides and tapes don't really tie into a vast pool of knowledge about the place.

And yet they did replace human guides in many places. That is not to say 100% will be replaced.

>retarded correlation toys can only go so far
Agreed, DNA-based lifeforms are done for. They had a good run, but it's over.

Says the guy who doesn't realize how far retarded correlation toys already went.

They now can handle almost all factory line jobs, driving, language translations, suggestions, ... as well as or better than humans. Construction work and the next wave of simpler office jobs as well as sales/cashier/logistics (the whole chain right into supermarket shelves) are another thing coming. And so on.

Not OP but
>unfeeling
Far from the truth
>robot
My logical brain capacity vastly outweighs my social/emotional one (most of the time), so yeah I guess
>socially retarded
My short time on this Earth taught me that "socially adept" means being a bold faced liar who should do and say whatever the current group expects to hear - I'm not having that animalistic mental waste nonsense.
>without sounding like a condescending prick
Tit for tat, eh?

> Local user swears to god he understands origin and workings of biology and mind

>god
What year is it?

Unless it's magic, it's correlation too.

The 50% by 2024 figure is quite optimistic. The least qualified will be forced to upskill or lose their jobs. As much as we would love to see it in Jow Forums, automation won't be that far along in 5 years.
That said, those most likely to get hit by the train are usually the most oblivious to it.

Completely wrong. AIs will make art that is objectively more perfect than anything a human being ever made. They will dominate culture, they might put up a fashionable human face to represent the AI singers/writers/etc., but they will be 100% generated by machines and the "person" will be a mere figurehead for them because people will be uncomfortable with the art that "speaks to me" actually being made by a robot. It'll be like Milli Vanilli (if you zoomers know what that was) where the people on the album covers, interviews, etc. have nothing to do in the slightest with the art they represent.

>legitimately doesn't understand what intelligence is
Consciousness is nothing more than an emergent property of a sufficiently complex system. Computers will rival and then surpass humans sooner than you think.

There's a definite need for trust and human review in most if not all jobs.

If all semi trucks were automated tomorrow we'd still have a human being in every seat until the end of time for culpability and security.
Many brand-name superstores shut down their serve-yourself checkouts because it's easy to cheat the system.
Office work (Healthcare information handling comes to mind as a prime example) should never be fully trusted to machine input no matter how accurate the scanning/OCR system becomes.

Automation has always replaced old jobs with new human requirements. Only when (if) we ever can achieve virtually infinite resource supply would it be possible to create an automated labor society.
Go ahead and give me a phonecall when asteroid/off planet mining supply chains are reliable and fusion power is real.

Who needs a sofa made of matter when you can have infinite sofas made of bits?

On the philosophical level, we'll be probably just fine with considering them and the mixed forms humans and part of mankind at that point.

They'll probably be humans in the current meaning.

>those most likely to get hit by the train are usually the most oblivious to it.
This. I agree it's an optimistic outlook, but it's not that hard to imagine. Modern automation putting people out of work isn't robots or super computers, it's fewer employees being more productive with better systems (software applications, abandoning legacy equipment, external logistics).

I'd rather suffer this slowly decomposing, inherently unsafe meat shell than rely my life on a digital facsimile.
>can have
At what resolution compared to our atomic scale of reality? It takes Nvidia countless equivalent processing years and untold petaflops to make a blurry smart-filter.

>At what resolution compared to our atomic scale of reality?
Why would it matter? Human eyes can't see atoms.

No, no, you fool. It isn't about the complexity of the surrounding. It's about the accuracy of the digital thoughtform that is your mind.
If it isn't perfect you're not going to be yourself, just some inferior copy. On a philosophical level I don't consider an uploaded, simulated mind a "copy". I consider an inferior product just a cast off from the mold.

No. There won't be a human driver soon after driving works with computers ensure vehicles drive as safely (actually near certainly safer due to the much better vision, reaction times and analysis prior to reactions involved, never mind never being tired or poorly trained or anything else).

Maybe some nation will have this in a law as a job creating measure, but it will not make any sense. Culpability and security are already shared between vehicle operators and manufacturers and they can continue to be or it can be changed.

It'll be a lot harder to cheat superstores when spatially aware computer vision can track when a product leaves the shelf and who did it. Never mind it works okay in China, Japan, Switzerland and so on with varying implementations. They are on the way in even in not fully security control focused form, already replacing jobs.

> They now can handle almost all factory line jobs

no

> driving

Unless there is some groundbreaking discovery in computer science, cognitive science or philosophy, you will never see automated cars on regular roads. What you hear in the news are company propaganda to raise more money before someone realizes what the fuck is going on.

> language translations

there are words and phrase translations, common sentences are translated with human verified/fixed data but computers can't language translate shit

> suggestions

suggestion is nothing but correlation (unlike the other ones you mentioned), so it has worked well

> Construction work and the next wave of simpler office jobs

Never heard of these example and I am not familiar with what you are referring to

> as well as sales/cashier/logistics

This is not correlation, this is just bunch of sensor put together like factory machine - like those that we have been doing for 200 years. This one maybe too complicated for you to understand, but a -no- here as well. The cashier and logistic stuff works not because computer are as good, but because we change human behavior to meet computer at it's capacity. The successful use of automation has all been these - I think I saw a lecture where the dude was proposing we are sort of being placed inside computer by changing our environment to a computer safe one so benefit of computer eveyone is expecting can be sort of used - which again causes all sorts of new problems.

That's some /x/ tier shit. It doesn't have a place on Jow Forums

you're just too dumb to understand the topic, that's ok

>my dumbass band director sister at dinner
>"yeah user you should study something else, I read that AI will replacing coding in a couple years"

fucking normies

I get it. But all it says it's "the embedded version can never be superior, because it's embedded", which isn't necessarily true. You can't seriously argue that virtual reality will be more limited than reality.

How did you discover these binary choices ? Tell us user.

If you haven't already, look into the no cloning theorem. If you aren't a perfect copy, you aren't you.

That was exactly my point, which doesn't seem to understand.

Free will is either magic or not real. That's how.

>if you aren't a perfect copy, you aren't you
I guess I stop being me all the time, when I shed skin or age. Just meaningless philosophical garbage.

What's the "We" shit, are you a robot?

Considering the current state of quantum mechanics is
>"Particles appear to pop into existence from nothingness"
Magic it is!

I'm not spoonfeeding you about the unknown requirements to 100% accurately simulate a human brain.

are you actually this retarded or is this bait? It's a pretty simple concept, if I throw a body kit on a civic that makes it look like a lambo perfectly it's still not a lambo, if I made a clone of you and it had different eyes, guess what, that's not a clone of you, it's now something else entirely

Already feasible. The main obstacle holding many of these back is the proprietary-ness of some of the knowledge - patents, only few companies having software/hardware and the knowhow to implement it (in still limited instances), and so on. It makes the tech involved a very expensive special thing, you virtually have the best technicians and engineers make one brick wall for now. Labour can be cheaply imported or outsourced meanwhile. It won't be that way for long, the knowledge will spread, patents will expire, technology will get further refined.

Attached: 130614-transmaterial-workshop-1179-1376925953_1397047948_960x540.jpg (960x540, 253K)

> Consciousness is nothing more than an emergent property of a sufficiently complex system

wishy washy magicy thingi putty togethero is complexio and maki mind

I know emergence is another meme among plebs, but do explain, what the fuck do you mean by emergence and how the fuck does it put bunch of things together in mind ways, and what makes something complex, and how does magic arises out of it

you cant automate development, that's writing code, moron. If coding were to be automated then the world would end, robots and AI and shit could code themselves and be unstoppable

>magic it is
If it has different eyes, it's not a clone, dumbass.

You are a pattern. If someone were to make an exact replica of your pattern, the original would instantly cease to exist. If some creature halfway across the universe somehow created your exact pattern, you would no longer exist on earth (and would instead exist elsewhere). Shedding cells, on the other hand, means you are never completely duplicated. Instead you are gradually transferred to new cells.

There's no magic to it. If you create a rat brain and keep adding to it, eventually it will become sentient. It's just a matter of complexity.

No, there is no such technology at all that would make it possible, no amount of throwing money at the problem will help. We much far behind than any of these hype would have you believe.

>If some creature halfway across the universe somehow created your exact pattern, you would no longer exist on earth (and would instead exist elsewhere)

Do you have any scientific evidence to back your claims?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

tl'dr
>in an apparently empty "vacuum of space" energy levels will randomly fluctuate as particles create themselves out of nothing and disappear for no reason

Dumbed down -
It looks like matter can just create itself for no reason and from nothing.

Automation will start with low skill jobs, and is already happening, like with Amazon's warehouse workers, self-checkout, or tablets to order at fast food restaurants.

If you are telling people studying in university that their jobs are going to be automated in a decade, you are probably wrong. Not only are you wrong, but in spite if trying to sound edgy, you are actually the one who is not able to face facts. You don't want to be mean and say it's low skilled, blue collar and service jobs that will be automated so you make up a narrative where everyone is at risk.

What a fucking retarded pic.

bls.gov/emp/tables/employment-by-major-industry-sector.htm
The "Goods Producing" (and warehousing from the next one) category is the only one here that could reasonably be expected to be automated. Maybe, if online sales really super duper took off, trade could take off but large scale corporate retailers will never die especially not by 2024 Even if every single one of these at risk industries disappeared overnight, that is absolutely nowhere near 25 percent let alone 50. And as time goes on, and the population grows, the rest of the customer service and hospitality categories that make up the vast majority of jobs will grow too and those cant even be outsourced.

People get annoyed with you OP because no one asked for your shitty, unwanted advice. You are being pointlessly confrontational and threatening to people and the fact that you don't get this strongly implies you're autistic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-cloning_theorem

How does that prove free will?

>if it has different eyes, its not a clone
good so we agree; unless you are copied perfectly, you aren't copied. it's just something somewhat like something else.

So you're misinterpreting a Wikipedia article about quantum physics? Got it.

complexity : what do you mean by it

> If you create a rat...

Did someone gave you the impression we have the ability to do this ?

> eventually it will become sentient

why ?

Virtual reality doesn't need cloning any more than existing does.

You're mis-attributing sentience to mean human equivalent intelligence. Even an ant is aware of it's mortality.

Sounds like some wishy washy science, friend. Post 11838 comes across as two beings of the same makeup and identity cannot exist in two separate places. There's a huge burden of poof to provide on your end.

If it is true it suggests that at a subatomic level the universe is not following a lockstep physically based chain of events.

>If it is true it suggests that at a subatomic level the universe is not following a lockstep physically based chain of events.
Quantum physics do not prove that consciousness is anything more than correlations.

>Quantum woo is the justification of irrational beliefs by an obfuscatory reference to quantum physics. Buzzwords like "energy field", "probability wave", or "wave-particle duality" are used to magically turn thoughts into something tangible in order to directly affect the universe.

> consciousness is anything more than correlations

how do you know consciousness is correlation ? Also correlation of what ? What does seeing color has to do with correlation ?

We are already here where one not huge university research group can use mostly off the shelf robots to mostly automate fairly complex wood frame / brick block construction (also sprayed concrete and stuff). Where factory lines in China have thousands of robots in production. Where cars are already driving streets ~as safely as drivers and long distances. Where computer learning increasingly no longer leads to just crazy behaviour/perception etc. and takes a much shorter span of time. And so on.

It's just a matter of the individual pieces of knowledge, software and robots speading and becoming adapted. It'll already be very bad for many jobs then.

Attached: Arch2O-pavilion-eth-zurich-timber-robotic-construction_dezeen_2364_col_0-1170x663.jpg (1170x663, 167K)

How does this has anything to do with free will ?

Also, are you people actually questioning free will.... fking ell

consciousness emerges from genomes

a genome is code that went through 2 billion years of iterations, bad code was physically destroyed, and good code was allowed to go on

code that creates beings capable of recognizing cause and effect is more likely to survive

but to create a being capable of recognizing cause and effect, billions of lesser versions died out: that is, all types of codes looking for all sorts of correlations didn't survive

ultimately, consciousness is a correlation toy

>You're mis-attributing sentience to mean human equivalent intelligence. Even an ant is aware of it's mortality.
You're misunderstanding what intelligence is. Simply knowing whether you're alive proves nothing. Knowing why you are alive indicates sentience.

>Sounds like some wishy washy science, friend.
So now quantum physics as it relates to the human brain is wishy-washy? Got it.

Which is hillarious because Japan has a god damn arcade game on being a monrail driver. Full blown container being the simulator.

The big bang was simply a huge explosion which had no matter to interact with but itself.
As such, the physical interactions of all matter proceeded on a set course of motion.
We're made of, you guessed it, matter which came from the big bang explosion.
We're all trapped inside a self contained expanding outgassing of an unbelievably large, slowly cooling bomb. There is nothing (we know of) outside this cloud of smoke. There has been nothing which interacted with it to change its course of motion.
So the theory of free will is just that, a theory. For all intents and purposes our lives could be following a rigidly defined set path.

You're twisting words to fit your need. Sentience is primarily defined as an organisms' capability to react to pain stimuli. I went to hyperbole with ants as an example, but it's generally recognized that at least down to reptiles all animals are sentient.
Again, sentience =/= intelligence. You're sentient but I'm not so sue about your intelligence.

>Sentience is primarily defined as an organisms' capability to react to pain stimuli.
>Again, sentience =/= intelligence. You're sentient but I'm not so sue about your intelligence.
I would recommend actually reading into all of this before trying to insult the person you're debating.

How people see this as a problem instead of utopia is beyond me.
>a world where there's no cashiers, farmers, drivers, shelf stockers, etc. etc.
>very few people HAVE to work

> bad code was physically destroyed

what's a bad code and what's a good code

> 2 billion years of iterations

why would 2 billion years of would somehow remove bad code and leave good code behind, how does this magic work ?

> code that creates beings capable of recognizing cause and effect is more likely to survive

I bet ants have great understanding of cause and effect

> ultimately, consciousness is a correlation toy

nothing you wrote followed to this conclusion. Even forgetting the issue mentioned, you never mentioned correlation before conclusion, again, what the fuck do you mean correlation and correlation of what, and how ?

I honest to god hope I do

>"Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive or experience subjectively.
>Eighteenth-century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think from the ability to feel.
>In modern Western philosophy, sentience is the ability to experience sensations"

Sentience = a brain capable of translating physical feelings into emotional response.
Intelligence is, at it's most basic, how capable that brain is at logically and mathematically constructing a thought outside of the emotional response. Keyword - outside of emotion.

Get over it, you're wrong.

You are describing a world I don't recognize.

> Where cars are already driving streets ~as safely as drivers and long distances.

If true, this would surprise me greatly. I will look at any citation you provide.

>what's a bad code and what's a good code
implicit in the text

>why would 2 billion years of would somehow remove bad code and leave good code behind, how does this magic work ?
natural selection

>I bet ants have great understanding of cause and effect
they do

>nothing you wrote followed to this conclusion
there is no other mechanism, other than "magic"

why do anything nigga, we will automate everything in a decade

can't automate how much your mom loves my fat cock tearing her pussy apart faggot

Correction - ability to reason. My point was that human consciousness is not special. We will see it in computers and (over the course of a few million years without genetic modification) other earthly biological beings.

sentience, conciousness and intelligence aren't defined yet here you idiots are talking about it like they're solved problems

Objectively wrong. Fuck machines and dildos have existed forever.

The time after this will be glorious for neets since there will have to declare some sort of citizen wage to everyone, the money saved needs to go somewhere.

But the time during this transition is going to be hell since our governments are so slow at reacting to things appropriately. So when 50% of jobs are automated it'd be 10 years of riots and chimp outs before sweet neet bucks for everyone. It's not going to happen anywhere close to 2024 though.

Don't really care if my job gets automated desu. I fucking hate it anyway.

I figure everything will sort itself out in the end. When automation becomes more widespread and puts enough people out of a job to start to have a major negative impact on the economy the government will have no choice but to unfuck it or face large scale civil unrest. What they'll end up doing... I dunno. Probably some kinda temporary welfare for all unemployed while they create some kinda program for free or low cost accelerated programs for teaching skills in fields that are less likely to be automated. Maybe they'll implement a universal basic income but there's so much resistance to the concept that even when faced with total economic ruin I feel that they'd be still be reluctant to do it.

you cannot simultaneously agree on the power of virtual reality without acknowledging its existence, get your story straight

>there's so much resistance to the concept

Only in the USA. In most other places the majority of the population don't scoff at people getting something they "don't deserve".

>studying for a job
That was your first mistake

You trust stories scientists tell more than they deserve in those domain. I would trust them with life in case of airplanes, satellite, cars etc because they are empirically tested. When you are talking about billions of years in past, and specially in the field such as cosmology with bad track record, I would not take all their theories at face value.

> We're all trapped inside a self contained expanding outgassing of an unbelievably large, slowly cooling bomb.

These expanding stuff I suspect is a set of bullshit. They just have red shifted stuff far away, so some things are moving farther away from us. They also run it backward to big bang magic, they run it on current picture and call thing is expanding. These people loves telling stories too.

If you have time to kill, check out related rambling on youtube that might help you build some defense against accepting every story science tries to tell :

youtube.com/watch?v=5ng-t0o7E-w

youtube.com/watch?v=9tH3AnYyAI8