Deepin desktop environment

Is anyone using this? Are the Chinks putting spyware on it?

Attached: deepin.png (960x540, 544K)

Very bloat and bug with not much of feature. What wrong ? you too good for TTY??

Nice English skills

Fucking Americanos

>Are the Chinks putting spyware on it?
Undoubtedly. That was the vibe I had as soon as I saw it. Make something pretty and the retard westerners will install it because "muh aesthetics"

Same. I pretty much had the same spyware vibes from it.

deepin ass

you nailed it

If you're so worried about the botnet, stop using Google, search engines, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Amazon, your phone, and technology in general. Stop watching cable TV, using the internet, or going to the grocery store. Stop using your debit card.

If you like the look of Deepin DE but don't trust communists, just use that DE on top of the official Manjaro build.

Open source means anyone can look at the code. If there was spyware there, someone would have said something after all these years.
One guy found out the Deepin Store probed your hardware specs and the whole autistic community shit itself. They even disabled the hardware telemetry when all the PC Babies cried.

Deepin removed the spyware long time ago and it is also removed in Memejaro editions.
>general
As any gnome fork, Deepin is very laggy and sluggish. Each window has huge shadows for some reason and it makes your potato CPU hot and angry.
>Default apps
Deepin FM cannot be used over the network since it will load a single picture from SMB as if it was 90mb pack of images and freeze at moments, so into the trash it goes. Player is fancy, but is unusable. Has some really useful and convenient tools like voice recorder or color picker.
>Default terminal emulator
is fancy but somehow slow, if you want the performance, use suckless st instead. Has no custom themes, but has some useful stuff like managing ssh connections and tabs.
>performance
Imo for two panels present on the screen it takes too much CPU and RAM, but it also has a windows-like 'classic' mode with disabled effects. Don't use it, looks like total shit. Better to use xfce in that case.
>conclusion
Deepin devs are doing great job and fix bugs operatively, but unfortunately they cannot change the bloated nature of Gnome inside. They are also bloated themselves and can not be trusted once they added the spyware, it only was removed because of resonance.
Fancy, but chinese Gnome fork/10.

Attached: 15467253402400.png (800x576, 438K)

Dios mio.

it's pretty resource-intensive for something you could mimic with KDE, but it's overall pretty nice

They're probably mining crypto or something lol.

Looks like windows 10 and OSx had a retarded baby

Isn't it FOSS? Just audit the source code and build from source if you don't trust them.

>just audit gorrilions of lines of code!
>it's FOSS, lel
shut the fuck up

Why would you audit it without seeing if anyone else had first?

Go back to Windows then
If someone had then we wouldn't be having this thread every other day

You guys have never used it, and when someone comes up with a solution the first excuse you make up is because no one has done it before.

BecAuse all of you are retarded idiots. Not only can you sniff the traffic but also check the source. It is less botnet than Mac and Windows but more than Gentoo. It does not send any private data but has telemetry enabled by default.

What is the real problem is the hard dependency on systemd and the gala fork while bloating to death. Should have just added patches to gala.

I'm using it on Manjaro. Should I be worried?

I'm using deepin distro, its realy good. Its debian with nice de. No need to be worried about spyware

Attached: 30544.jpg (580x400, 86K)

I'm sure about that, Wang Wei.

I wouldn't worry about it. Deepin got in trouble once for collecting data in their app store but that is part of the Deepin OS, not the DE.

I'm using it, it's extremely comfy, it has its cons though. The store is well designed but package versions and drivers are outdated. No issues with Video editing or image edition, codecs are included out-of-the-box, so it's excellent for media entertainment. Also for normal end-users.