What is the filesystem of choice for your precious files

You all are storign files somewhere. But where exactly?

Is it safe to choose Linux? Nope if you have more complicated file names than abcdefgh.ijk.

Cyrillic symbols? Not on Linux.
How about Greek? Do not do this on Linux.
Cana you write them on DVD? Well the filesystem doesnt allow very complicated file names there either. Besides you are limited on 4GB.

So what to use for storage for lets say 2TB of various files?

Te safest bet is simply to use Windows 7 era NTFS (format drive originally with Win 7 instead of Win 8 or 10 or XP). The reason for not using XP is that Win 7 has some minor changes on NTFS which are good. And Win 8 and 10 has minor changes on NTFS which are bad since 7 cant read them in all situations but it mostly can.

GPT? Or MBR? Definitely MBR. Since we are talking about 2TB. You want to read files with non-internet use Windows 7 laptop 10 years from now, right? So do not use GPT since it may require peculiar motherboard it was originally formatted on.

Remember this is not your everyday use filesystem but a safe keep of files. You read them once in a month. Or more rarely. But almost all your machines you throw at it will be able to read the files.

Attached: windows7explorer.png (640x397, 146K)

Fat32 usb

magnetic tape drives stored in a fireproof safe
I'm not joking I actually own these for data backups

but NTFS allows deeper file paths, larger individual file size, altough I guess it is somewhat rare to have lots of 4GB+ files, and also the file name issue favors NTFS

prove it or your mother will die tonight

nice bait retard

why are there ms shills now? they usually appear only when linux does something incredible

I am quite happy with my MS-DOS's FAT filesystem and an occasional archiving to the floppies of more important text files. It works great since I've got this computer circa 1991.

bump

The only "precious" files I have a about 1GB of digital photos and 200MB of text files.

ZFS on FreeNAS or btrfs on Linux.

fuck off retard

>Windows 7 era NTFS
>can't support large drives
>ALL the other rambling idiocy

Go to hell Microsoft shill

Attached: 1349383831371.jpg (400x505, 57K)

If I was truly Microsoft shill, I would say that everyone must use Windows 10 which I didnt say, but instead I recommended Windows 7

So you are just an idiot who doesn't understand about file size limits, characters, or filesystems in general.

Stop shilling that stupidity, Windows is shit and has shit filesystems.

Attached: 1534514194121.png (778x1018, 591K)

>cyrillic symbols?
>how about greek?
both work on linux you brainlet, even emoji's work on linux you just have to have the right font(s) installed on your system

slackware gets troubles when you use these (all non-english symbols get replaced with msdos ascii symbol table of question mark symbol) and slackware happens to be otherwise the only linux worth of using

Slackware ships with Terminus. Terminus supports Unicode.

>haha ill mention obscure linux distro no one uses they cant prove me wrong xDDDD

Attached: Screenshot_20190223_173003.png (203x356, 27K)

>doesn't know how to install fonts
dumb nigga

255 char limit paths

I connect all my devices that store files to my android phone and browse everything on the generic samsung gallery app

btrfs

But cross-platform

>So do not use GPT since it may require peculiar motherboard it was originally formatted on.
This is so wrong...
MBR disk stores partitioning and boot data in one please, which may cause big trouble once this data is corrupted or lost. Rather, GPT disk saves multiple copies of partitioning and boot data across the drive, making it safer and robust. Besides, GPT stores CRC (cyclic redundancy check) values so that it is able to notice if the data is damaged and try to restore corrupt data from other copies.

What's more GPT does not have limitations that MBR suffers from. GPT can hold nearly unlimited number of partition and there is no need to create an extended partition to make them work. Besides, the disk capacity size is no longer limited to 2TB. GPT partitioning scheme allow up to 64 bits of information to be used in logical sectors.