Why didn't you make the internet your computer in 2019...

Why didn't you make the internet your computer in 2019? Don't tell me you're not enjoying the fruits of botnet because of an overweight guy who eats his own foot crumbs in public??

Attached: kromebook.jpg (1600x800, 147K)

you are missing on protein

because I have a shitty connection capped at 2 gigs a month

>Keeping all of my data on disks belonging to people I will never meet personally
You surely can't be THIS stupid...

the internet isn't a computer you doofus, it's a series of tubes

I was thinking about it, user, but then thought I'd need a bit more than just Chrome extensions and android apps.
Nowadays I'm not sure anymore. I could do most of my work on a ChromeOS powered device

Attached: ChromeOS.png.jpg (654x374, 27K)

If you do office type work, web browsing, reading, etc, it's great. Office 365 is actually decent online. I can update/edit documents on the fly, and from time to time, if you want local backups, you can just download your cloud documents in an archive and save them to your favorite hard drive.

Nowadays there are online services for basic tasks. You can also use chrome remote desktop if you need to access your desktop for whatever reason.

Battery life is great, basically forget the thing even has a battery. Charges to 100% super quick too. Light enough you can carry it everywhere, unlike 2011 thickpads. I have the asus c302, newer ones were announced last ces.

Pretty secure device, billion dollar company level of security, better than your average Jow Forums loonix distro.

Hate on the future of computing, stallmen.

Attached: SE32171.jpg (1024x768, 567K)

>Keeping all of my data on disks belonging to people I will never meet personally

>Keeping all my money on hard disks belonging to people I will never meet personally

You do have a bank account right?

Aren't you sharing your browsing habits with your ISP, sharing your contacts with your phone company, sharing your location with your bank anytime you use your cards, sharing your face with the public the moment you walk outside of home?

What, you think you're not being tracked if you run loonix and have local hard drives??

Attached: Mickey_d61a8a_801427.jpg (526x473, 46K)

If a bank robs me of my money I can sue.
If Google or Microsoft robs me of my data I can't do anything because it's too big, creates its own rules and I couldn't really prove it

Also, I never said I'm not being tracked. I'm taking about keeping my data -- my personal files.

>billion dollar company level of security
Nobody tell him about Equifax

You couldn’t sound like anymore of a shill, the pay must be good

I mean, it isn't google now, is it

No... If they rob you of your data you can't do shit because it's in a small line in the contract you agreed to when you registered

>ISP issues
>woops, stay tuned and fuck you

>You do have a bank account right?
The banking system has laws and rules governing it, whereas the data companies do not.

You knew this.

Ever heard of the EU dumb fucks?
Literal laws preventing this shit.

but the EU is filled with araps

Ah yeah, Google, Microsoft, Apple... All European companies

which doesn't make the laws less binding

clover on chromeos is the ultimate luxury
feel bad for bare bones linux/nt posters desu

All who have been forced to comply with the law through fines and further legislation.
GPDR fucked over those companies good and I’m happy it did.
Fuck greedy amerishart companies.

What benefits does this bullshit have? Because all I see is worthless s o y male shit that won't let me access documents without WLAN. I think I'll stick with my Linux machine that has a 2TB SSD. Cloudlets can suck my dick.

Attached: 1508515776648.png (1082x1340, 1.67M)

>has to be connected to a network just to use his computer on top of dealing with all of the security issues

Attached: brainlet_optical_disc_drive_g_mine_meme.png (956x1080, 186K)

Yeh why aren't you living in the woods offline for true privacy

Attached: 30544.jpg (580x400, 86K)

I own a Chromebook x2. I've liked it a lot so far. No one ever seems to mention how better chrome os is at tablet mode compared to Windows 10

Nobody tell him about google+

Some of us use compiters for more than just facebook

I seriously have no idea what are you trying to say

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Don't you have to be online 100% of the time? That doesn't seem very practical.

Attached: 331.jpg (498x330, 41K)