Backend vs. Frontend

I received two internship offers; one is a Frontend, React.js /w Typescript role, the other one is Backend, Node.js and GraphQL.
What should be the best career desicion?

Attached: 1550918279685.jpg (798x809, 48K)

Front-end gets the glory because results are visible
Backend, you know you have done it right when no one notices anything

>backend
>node.js

Attached: 1531536214089.png (434x327, 43K)

Go backend
Front-end can suck my dick

backend, and convince them to switch to haskell + yesod.
become smugness

>internship
lol

Attached: 1548900287238.png (720x719, 394K)

if you are fine with the frontend do it
if you want to do backend look for something else

>internship
>working for free
How is this still legal?

Front-end is horrible but you can be the one bitching instead of the being bitched at

Full-stack

I'm going to earn 15€/h. I'm not a filthy Burger

yeah i would go on your backend faggot

>>internship
>>free
baka my head

>15€/h
You might as well be working for free.

Suicide

> asking career advice from Jow Forums

Jow Forums is full of NEET user, stop wasting your time

Oh right, and my CS studies are for free

I would go with the one that will ultimately pay more in the long run.

sour grapes

React:
>Total mess, can be a disgusting nightmare, always have to learn new things in every single project
>999 different state management systems
>Have to learn very specific design paradigms depending on who you work with
>999 different ways to manage CSS
>999 different ways to handle Components
>999 different ways to actually create your application (SPA, SSR, next.js, gatsby.. etc)
>every single way you specifically learn to do something has different syntax and works differently

GraphQL:
>Always the same, APIs always work the same way regardless of the project
>Consistent as fuck, everything is enforced by GraphQL itself
>Just works out of the box
>Doesn't matter if you don't even know how to use SQL, or even if you use NoSQL instead
>Can just offload all the heavy lifting and query writing to the frontend, your job is literally just exposing the potential to do it

tl;dr: GraphQL is based.

>webshit
neither
although if I were you I'd go backend unless you have to deal with bullshit like oracle SQL.
Frontend can suck my fucking dick, I spend more time moving around html elements than do actual coding

You haven't done any react have you? State is redux/mobx others are rounding error. Css modules is the way to go, not like there are more than 2 alternatives otherwise. Stateless functiol is the way to go. Just gonna ignore the rest. Git gud.

Backend. Front changes so often it drives people insane and to burnout within a few years. Core principles in backend remain unchanged for decades.

Yes I've "done" plenty of react, retard.
And your shitty post saying "css modules are the way to go" proves my point, too many dumb brainlets who think their preferred way of doing things is how it should be done by everyone.

You are exactly the problem I was complaining about, and you're so fucking stupid you don't even realise it. I should have expected as much but holy shit it just keeps happening.

>durr we have 9 ways of managing css
>no u should use css modules!!
>durrrr now we have 10 thank you based retard

Attached: vSztqxB.png (645x729, 50K)

Css modules are "react way", if you're using react and deviating from emerged patterns you're the only retard here. It's like complaining about programming because "soo many languages exist lel". Pick the right tool for the job faggot and ignore the rest. It's a non opinionated view library you cuck what did you expect?

Based

Backend because node is based

>I'm not a filthy Burger
Obama made unpaid internships illegal.

Also, to add to that I was making $25 an hour on my first internship.

Go backed if you don't want to be doing stupid changes that make no sense because the stupid end user, that has no idea, likes it better.

I'm a fullstack junior (HTML,CSS,JS,PHP,MYSQL and work with Wordpress)

My opinion is backend is more comfy, pays more than frontend and you don't have to deal with the fast pace that front-end web development progresses at. Now, I'm only a junior so I'm sure the more complex backend stuff can be a pain in the ass too, but nothing sucks more than when something looks great in Chrome but looks like shit in Firefox and Safari. Or, it looks good in all of those but it's not working in IE so you gotta write a fix for it.

However the best career choice is to go fullstack IMO but if you gotta pick one or the other I would choose backend unless you just really love frontend that much. I personally enjoy both but I favorite frontend more cause I'm better at it but if I coudn't do the occassional backend work I wouldn't be as happy.