Unc0ver jailbreak for ios ≤ 12.1.2

It's up.

Attached: 4L_2gRSL6HF.jpg (768x669, 47K)

>iFag
Who cares

Jailbreaking is a guaranteed way to kill your battery life and say goodbye to any form of security.

jailbreak sells drugs to kids

Attached: 1550791903607.png (400x1650, 367K)

I think you're on the wrong board gramps

>say goodbye to any form of security.
lol troll or uninformed on how jailbreak works.
gtfo Apple.

iOS jailbreaks are one of the most ironic things in computing.

Like, nigger cmon, you want freedom to install apps, tune your device, use another appstore and you FUCKING BOUGHT AN IPHONE? That's the same level as buying a Microsoft branded device and complaining about how you cannot install any other OS on it.

>Microsoft branded device and complaining about how you cannot install any other OS on it.
wat

They did that. Locked bootloader, only loads (((signed executables))), so no linux/bsd/anything else for you. This is why rms and others are against UEFI/secure boot (more like "treacherous boot").
Later someone discovered an exploit so they could install ubuntu on the devices. MS fixed it.
I read recently that you can install loonix on recent MS devices, until they tolerate it.

iOS is the best mobile OS, it's only natural that you'd want to customize it to your liking

>iOS

Attached: 1540907086545.webm (320x276, 903K)

>iShit
No one cares. You have to go back.

He's partially correct. You're essentially opening your device up to run unsigned code. It's like enabling the root account on Ubuntu, except iToddlers are retards who will use this to install malware disguised as free games like a bunch of children.

Attached: 1543477360010.jpg (512x512, 57K)

What devices exactly? Linux has been "usable" on every single Surface laptop.

>You're essentially opening your device up to run unsigned code
So he's completely incorrect, this is no different to any open operating system.
Just don't be a fucking idiot who installs from unknown sources, just as you wouldn't install a legit-fortnite-free-vbucks.apk.

Incorrect, that would be BBOS 10.

just did it im stuck at apple logo after a restart since a cydia app made me respring into safe mode..rip

Ssssomebody stop me

>respring
where does this applespeak come from

why do people invest their time in modifying their phones software? just use the fucking phones like normal people, spend you time somewhere useful

Imagine being this misinformed
Distros like Ubuntu are signed by Microsoft to run with Secure Boot out of the box, not to mention you always have the option to simply disable Secure Boot

iOS jailbreaks were really popular when the iPhone was new (2007-09) because iPhone OS was so locked down and featureless back then. Android was also locked down, but it wasn't popular enough to justify rooting back then. Ever since 2010, Android phones have become viable competitors to the iPhone, and people who want customization would rather use one of those (and maybe root them).

Where do you think they got that signing key? They didn't get it from Microsoft.
Plus, you don't always have the ability to disable secure boot

>having to wait for a hack just to use your iPhag the way you want to

Attached: 1496676132006.jpg (596x699, 157K)

The jailbreaks are usually closed source and written by chinks whilst the tweaks are usually in third-party unaudited pajeet repositories. I'll say no more.

>Where do you think they got that signing key? They didn't get it from Microsoft
But... They literally did, they licensed it and everything.

>Android was also locked down
In what way was Android locked down compared to iOS?

>itoddlers BTFO

Attached: 1544988730511.gif (540x540, 279K)

You obviously don't understand iOS' permissions and sandbox.
A jailbreak circumvents all of the protection guarantees the OS gives you. It's not like on Android where any app can just read and write to any folder on your storage.
On iOS, actual malware isn't even possible.

...Unless you jailbreak.

Jailbreaks have been done by western devs for years now since chinks just sideload nowadays for their cracked apps. Unc0ver is also completely open source. Do your research or shut the fuck up faggot

thank god I’m not vulnerable

i wouldnt give root access to anyone who buy apple devices.

if you reload the springboard which is somewhat comparable to the notification area of android you'll get the boot logo but it's finished much faster. You need to do this if you add buttons to the quick settings for example.
respringing may also happen if something close to the kernel crashes

did you already power it down completely?
if that doesn't work you'll probably need to reset it via itunes.
beware that my knowledge is somewhat dated

i had to restore to the latest jailbreaked beta ios version

What exactly is the point of jail breaking again

Ishit is incredibly locked down in what you can do with it.
Jailbreaking opens it up so you can
1. theme everything
2. change pretty much everything
3. install emulators
But the JB scene is absolutely shit now because everything decent is behind a paywall.

can I install linux on it?

more serious question: is there any technical artcle explaining how the jailbreak works this time?

This makes no sense. iOS is clearly the smoothest and most pleasant to use phone OS. The drawback is that you can't customize it like Android. Android is great in so many way except the general clunkiness of the OS. Being able to run iOS and being able to have full control of the phone is what a lot of people want and why they are never fully satisfied with either.

So it’s just to rice your phone? Holy shit that’s stupid

>what is shim
Tell me how my Linux OS is booted from an EFI executable signed by "Microsoft Corporation UEFI CA".

It used to be nice back in 09-10 when the scene was more lively and people did it for passion. It was also the only way to make your phone usable with slide and multi-* gestures. Changing your springboard to your liking. And QoL stuff like replying to texts on your lockscreen. All shit that took Apple years to make standard.

>whoa when you short things out they burn
shocking

>iFag
>Who cares
Not everyone uses Jewgle botnet OS.
>Inb4 go back to r/jailbreak

>expose an entire framework for developers to write 3rd party apps
>malware isn't possible
pick one

>theme everything
grow up

Show me how.
Getting an iOS app to influence the rest of the system is like trying to get a normal docker container to attack its host.

Unless there's an exploit, it's not possible.

>fagOS
grow up

For sandboxed app store apps it isn't. For cydia apps run as root it sure as hell is possible

see

thank you for your input