/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: uwu.jpg (425x600, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy/Game_Boy_Color_emulators
coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/centurion-5-ii/
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/12247/linux-file-access-monitoring
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/configure-real-time-protection-windows-defender-antivirus#configure-and-enable-always-on-protection
youtube.com/watch?v=mPiVBTomR3s
youtu.be/f0X7cYNF9eg?t=209
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup
github.com/ArcadeRenegade/SidebarDiagnostics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does anyone know why my router automatically port forwards UDP ports 9305 and 9398 from my ps4 ? thx

I'm autistic, and in the process of clean installing Windows 10 a few weeks back, I installed it to a docked HDD, rather than my internal drive. Is there a way to transfer it across without just reinstalling?
I know to get an SSD, and I will when I do my next round of upgrades Soon™, but for the time being I'm sticking to a memechanical rust drive.

b0ss can i habe answer pliss

ok, I've been tinkering with SeaMonkey's browser and added a Toggle images button to it, but it has 3 states: images on, images off, and this, with a key - what does it mean?

Attached: what is this.png (92x20, 1010)

RetroArch and try out various cores.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy/Game_Boy_Color_emulators
seems to recommend sameboy, which has a libretro core.
As for the games, I don't think it's legal to link/reference the places to get them, but it's not hard. Usually just a search away.

Just making sure you homos that helped me know that there was a happy ending.
Everything looks good and I have a feeling my computer won't crash anymore after those 2 fix's. One to the power connector and two to this bro
Blew out the slot. Looked at the GPU and there was this mark on one of the connectors. Rubbed it alil and it kinda disappeared(looks like a scratch).
Now see the results. Thanks m8z.
Gonna test everything out now. I think that and the shit cable might have been the problem I've been having all these months.

Remember my plight as it may help others. Thanks again dudes.

Attached: IMG_20190223_151210.jpg (4016x3008, 838K)

Reposting

You can try that but I remember using a Gameboy colour emulator like literally 10 years ago on my Nokia whatever (yes Nokia when they were worth a shit).
You can listen to this guy
But from what I said I honestly believe just about any would be okay.
Also just type in (insert blah blah) Ron and you'll find what you want. It's that simple

2+2=5.
Sorry it's the best I can do to help you via bringing more attention by being an idiot

what you describe sounds like reverse polish notation, but your examples look like regular polish

>+ 2 2
>pop 2 and 2, add, push answer
>4
>return

Thank you.

To add, like I said I vaguely remembered it and was trying to describe it. But polish notation was the answer.

Should post a complimentary lewd for thanks m8

Please take this Saya as compensation.

Attached: 3131007a870518b4a03f3c0642791a05.jpg (931x1412, 122K)

I just replaced all enters (\n) with double enters in Notepad++, but when I save it they're still single enters.
Teh fuck gives?

Your payment is adequate.

What do you mean by "double-enters"? Windows newline is \r\n. Check your encoding.

I mean as in creating a blank line after every line break.

I just figured out that the double enters are indeed there, I just can't see them in the regular notepad file.
When I copy the text from the regular notepad file and paste them in Word, the double enters are there.
Weird.

Well Windows newline is \r\n, so maybe notepad interprets \n\n differently. UNIX newline is just \n.

Try replacing all \n with \r\n and see what happens.

some geek guys recommended me a system-wide VPN instead of a generic in-browser one, how hard is it to change your location with a system-wide VPN?

Also try opening your file in a hex editor. Haven't used notepad++ in quite awhile but I think you can change how a newline is created/interpreted. It should be in the options somewhere.

The double enters are visible in notepad++ and in Word, but not in the regular notepad.
In notepad++ I did "find \n" and "replace with \n\n".

Not sure how \r\n would fit into that.

Does anyone recognise this case? I know it says Cooler Master but it doesn't have any model number or anything

Attached: IMG_20190222_142540.jpg (2304x4096, 2.81M)

>Started on the Webdev track
>really liked learning vanilla JS
>built a few things, like a Texas Hold Em game that runs entirely in console, using alerts and text entry boxes
>hated alot of the other shit that comes along with it before you can really DO anything with it, like React, Angular, etc
>Javascript fatigue before I even really get started
>start exploring new languages, like Python, PHP (lmao), etc
>learn the syntax pretty fast, but decide for what I want to do, I'm better off learning something like C++ and/or C#
>decide on C++ since I know a little bit of UE4, and have a bro who's working on a few small projects, and has the creative stuff down, but can't code

What can I expect anons?

Attached: 1200px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (1200x1349, 69K)

it seems like the word "VPN" has changed meaning at some point recently
when did it become a new name for http proxies?

i have the same one right here

it's Vagene 9000 AliExpress Pro

Yep, it's a windows thing. Change how notepad++ behaves or just ditch windows notepad. Looking online it should be noted under "EOL conversion".

check this

Attached: Untitled.png (854x82, 16K)

>or just ditch windows notepad
I was really just checking if it worked.
It did work, but regular notepad just didn't show it, piece of shit.

Gonna make notepad++ my preferred program for .txt files.

Oh the double enters do show up in notepad++, that's not the problem.
They don't show up in regular notepad.

found a sticker on the back with the serial number, which starts with RC502
coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/centurion-5-ii/

Awesome, thanks broheem

>piece of shit
Just switch to linux then. That's a universal rule of how Windows interprets end of line (EOL) characters and you might run into problems in the future. Linux interprets \r\n the same way as \n, so simply switching how notepad++ does newlines is a simple way to make your files compatible throughout all windows programs as well as others.

So apparently I do have to actually see the double enters in regular notepad for shit to work.

>paste text in notepad++
>turn single \n into double \n\n
>save
>open in regular notepad (double enters not visible)
>copy paste everything into word (double enters are visible)
>simply copy paste everything back into regular notepad
Voilà, the double enters are visible in regular notepad too now.

Fucking retarded.

Are you trolling right now? Can you physically manifest a carriage return character?

Not sure what you mean.

\r

Are you saying I should do "find \r" and "replace with \r\r"?

No I'm saying to open your text file in a hex editor and replace all 0A with 0D0A.

I would like to buy a tablet but I dont know that to look for or avoid. I want it mostly for reading and web browing while commuting.
If I wanted to draw with it does the pen/stylus need to be included?
If I get one with Windows OS can I install on it all the program that are on Windows PC?

Kill yourself pedo faggot

which one of you pedophiles keeps making threads with shit off topic shota images oh my fucking god get a life

N-nani!?

Attached: don-amp-039-t-lewd-the-dragon-loli-u---u_fb_7116545.jpg (300x300, 87K)

i got an 8tb drive which was supposed to be my backup so i put all my files to it and its external but i thought one day i might put it in as an internal drive to my pc but it's exFAT

ive only used 2tb of the 8tb and wondering if its possible to convert it to NTFS? would making a partition and formatting that partition to NTFS-copying over from the exFAT files to this partition and them formatting the exFAT partition leftover?
would that work or what

I have a textfile written in troff-formatted markup, and try to print the output to the terminal with this command:

cat textfile.txt | groff | less

The output in less is just a large collection of weird code and characters, with the text of my original file few and far between. What am I doing wrong?

Attached: we hold these truths to be self-evident.jpg (107x248, 9K)

Seconded.

I'm almost sure someone is transferring some of my files at my work computer, don't want to add a password because I want to know which files were taken, any way to see if a file was copied over to a flash drive or any other device?

What is the difference between a cat6 utp module and a ftp module? Do you have to use the ftp one with */ftp cable?

the default output of groff is postscript I believe
check the -T option in the manpage

you can check access, I'm not sure if you can check where it was copied
If it was copied via a shell command it might still be in the shells history file
check this SO question for more unix.stackexchange.com/questions/12247/linux-file-access-monitoring

You probably have UPnP enabled on your router

Freezer 33 or 212 EVO?
Same price.

Multi-function printer up to $250 for someone who doesn't print that often?

Whats a open source gba emulator for android?

Attached: yuru-yuri-nachuyachumi.jpg (1280x720, 633K)

Retro arch with mgba

Hey, does anyone know how to get the keycodes from a third party USB controller? i.e. 0xEC06
I've been searching around for literally two days now, and everything I've tried/found just doesn't work. My only lead is a random guy on github who posted "Thanks, it worked".

I've tried Wireshark USBPCAP - it spams packets constantly for no reason. Same with any other USB logger programs... I can read the data from *some* of the buttons (analog sticks, and the start button) but the other buttons just don't show any input response (in loggers).

But it works. It works for Dolphin, and other gamepad recognizable softwares.
The reason for me doing this:
OBS input overlay addon. I am on a goddamn wild goosechase over this petty stupid thing I want to do, and it's driving me nuts.
If anyone could suggest something or help in any way, I'd be very grateful.

Attached: Switch PDP Faceoff Pro Wired Controller.png (1500x1500, 1.46M)

xev
then use
xbindkeys

I have a html file that uses jquery to load an external file into an element. it looks like
$("#element").load("file");
it works fine on desktop but I can't get it to on chrome on android no matter what. I copied the whole directory of the project to my android device so it's not like it's missing the file. does this just not work on chrome on android? is there an alternative?

So i ran the debloat windows 10 script a few years ago, is there any way to get pirated windows10 games running or the xbox app in general?
I've been trying to run the recent CODEX release of Crackdown 3 but Im not suire how to get it running

Attached: tito.jpg (130x148, 4K)

A little obtuse but it works. Thanks user.

>Retro arch with mgba
I also recommend this.

How does one do a full bad sector disk check on Windows if a drive has no partitions?

Attached: 1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160).jpg (852x480, 49K)

Hello /sqt/, I have a stupid question. I tried searching the internet, but mostly came up with forum posts by people asking totally different questions containing some of the same words. It wasn't helpful.

Anyway, I have two monitors. I keep both plugged in, but normally, only my primary 1920x1080 monitor is enabled (pic related). When I enable the secondary 1280x1024 monitor (switching the "Multiple displays" setting to "Extend these displays"), my GPU temperature goes up, understandably.

But sometimes it seems that the GPU temperature never goes back down to its normal idle level after I switch back to one display. The temperature stays elevated, as if both monitors are in use, until I restart my PC. Is there a good reason for this? Is there an obvious way to make it stop doing this?

In case it matters, I think my GPU is an HD 7950, so inb4 >hurr durr AMD sucks.

Attached: Untitled.png (435x316, 48K)

You run a destructive test with badblocks in Linux.

Jow Forums I need your wisdom. I recently got a second monitor for free and I wanted it to show my hardware temp and shit but don't want to install Raindrops. Nor would I like to just have Speccy sitting there. I was hoping you guys knew of some aesthetic program to let me set a custom box filled with my shit that would probably just layer on top of my wallpaper engine background.

Probably power saving causing the fans to spin slower.
As long as you dust it and are having no noticeable issues with your graphics card it's not really worth worrying about the temperature. The drivers and software will take care of it.

You can also open up the driver software and increase the fan speeds manually.

Can I run that on the whole device instead of a partition?

ok, I realized that it doesn't work on ANY version of chrome including desktop, and that it's been working on desktop for me because i use firefox. i installed firefox on my android device and it works fine now. i wish i tried that before rewriting the code 20 times

I assume you mean rainmeter? What's wrong with rainmeter - it does exactly what you're looking for.

I couldn't figure it out because i'm way too fucking stupid.

Most plugins just require you to install to the correct directory, right click the tray icon and enable the plugin and then drag it around the screen.
there are lots of tutorials on youtube

I am also interested in this.
Right now I use HWInfo64 with a few graphics laid out, but they're running on the background and I only bring them up when I need them.

Attached: file.png (3301x1037, 1.85M)

Guys, I'm looking to buy a laptop for work, but I really dont know shit about brands and whatnot
Gonna be used for media playback, photo editing and the basic shitpost
Budget is around 1250 usd, can someone point on the right track?

Get a thinkpad, check the thinkpad general for extra help.

The build quality and keyboard is the reason I'm using a t450s.

there are lots of rainmeter plugins that also have graphs like that. Search around for plugins, DeviantArt has lots

Just get a cheap inkjet or the cheapest laser printer with all the features you need.

Yes you'd need to make a partition and copy the files over like you suggested.

More data:

• The graphics and memory clocks are 300 MHz and 150 MHz respectively when idle.
• If I start watching a streaming video (e.g. YouTube/Twitch), they increase to 501 MHz and 1250 MHz, but then drop back down to 300 MHz and 150 MHz when I close the video.
• If I enable a second monitor, they increase to 500 MHz and 1250 MHz, but when I go back to one monitor, they don't always decrease to normal.

I don't know how to reset whatever setting causes the clocks to get stuck at higher speeds, because I'm stupid.

Attached: Untitled.png (476x671, 36K)

[WPA-PSK-CCMP+TKIP][WPA2-PSK-CCMP+TKIP][WPS][ESS]
what does this mean

Those are different Wi-Fi security standards that the device supports

Look like Wi-Fi encryption standards to me.

how to disable this piece of shit?

Attached: file.png (474x152, 11K)

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/configure-real-time-protection-windows-defender-antivirus#configure-and-enable-always-on-protection

yes you're correct
[WPA2-PSK-CCMP+TKIP][ESS]
this one doesn't have wps, does that mean it doesn't support it?

Why the fuck am i having so much trouble setting up a remote desktop connection for my ipad? I swear i used to be able to just enter my ip and it would connect fine, but then that stopped working. Eventually i found a guide that had me go into my ipv4 settings and manually set the ipv4, subnet mask, and default gateway to something static so the RD client could connect to that. It worked but a lot of games kept giving annoying warnings about fucky Internet connection because of that, i got tired of dealing with it so i reset it all but i cant find that guide again. Nothing else has worked since then, most sites just say "ok download this, put your ip in, and woah it works!" which is useless

All the power and fan control settings on AMD is found in the following way:
- Open up the AMD settings app
- Click Gaming at the bottom
- Click Global settings
- Click WattMan

I looked through there but couldn't really find a way to help you.

I think you can still use programs like MSI Afterburner to force the graphics and memory speeds. Afterbuner is pretty old so there's lots of tutorials online.

Do you have multiple Wi-Fi networks? How are the devices connected to your local network?

How do I achieve this fuzzy vhs audio effect? youtube.com/watch?v=mPiVBTomR3s
Here's the original, for reference. It starts at 3:29 youtu.be/f0X7cYNF9eg?t=209

Thanks for the advice. I'll try WattMan and if that doesn't help I'll consider using Afterburner. I've heard it's good but I've always been too lazy to install it.

Yes, that just means it doesn't support the one touch setup feature from newer routers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup

sounds like the mid high frequencies have been lowered and a small echo added.

My router has a 5g and the old 2.3g or whatever it was, but im pretty sure both existed back when i could just put my ip in. My network is just the router and pc, connected via wifi.

How is this done in audacity?

Can you compare both the results from ipconfig on your desktop and the advanced options for the Wi-Fi settings on your device?

Try pinging one device from the other as well using the IPs you find using the process above

I can't find the answer to this anywhere. Google Plus will start to delete accounts in April. Will the YouTube account I have associated with that Google Plus account be deleted too?

Wow. I dont know how you did it but wow. "what is my ip" and ipconfig both gave the same ip. My RD client had the same ip just with an extra 5 on the end from that static IP i had to set up before. I deleted the 5 not expecting it to work as ive done this before (copy ipv4 to rd client, make sure all settings match, user account is right, etc.) but somehow it worked this time. Thanks user

Effect -> Equalization

Found this github.com/ArcadeRenegade/SidebarDiagnostics

Thanks.