ESP - ExtraSensory Perception in games

How does this kind of cheating generally work?

How can people get their hands on "hidden" information sent from servers in online games?

Attached: 13479417_1765071053712159_2074864672_n.jpg (960x720, 120K)

my dad in nsa

Literally sniffing the packets and looking at them, most of the time.

Packets are encrypted you retard. It's usually just looking at the memory of enemy positions and then rendering them on screen

isn't this what almost every anti-cheat detects though?

the game needs to be able to decrypt them and if you have the game then you have access to the decryption algorithm

what's the point of cheating in multiplayer games?
i can understand cheats and trainers in single player games for fun once you've beaten the game, but multiplayer? just why? that isn't fun for anyone

it just reads from memory

Reading memory can be made impossible to detect
Why go the effort to add more layers when you still have to read the games memory? It's more work with no benefits

Only time i did was when i was a kid and noticed someone on the enemy team was blatantly hacking without being ashamed to show it. Felt justified.

in one of the games I play there are plenty of Chinese clans cheating and aimbotting everyone constantly. then they evade bans and come back.

I'd like to fuck with them a bit if I could. but it's not like I would want to download a guaranteed malware bundle for it...

it's fun for the skid
.t skid

Why haven't you made your own gameplay enhancement software user?

Attached: h25.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>what's the point of cheating in multiplayer games?
winning feels good

exactly, which is why cheating is pointless
you didn't win if you cheated

tell that to every successful professional athlete from the 20th century onwards

people that cheat dont feel that way though
they just enjoy winning no matter what
also: children
children just enjoy winning at things
they dont really care whether it was fair (unless they lose) or whether they did something against the rules to win, because they haven't learned the value in rules yet

The purpose of every multiplayer game is to make the other player feel bad. This is exacerbated in some games like Chess or MOBAs where the entire point is to prevent the enemy from being able to fight back to gain an advantage.
In other games this is a strategy, like spawncamping.
But the end result is always the same: the point is to inflict the most possible misery on the opponent.

By cheating, you ensure that you will inflict the most possible misery to the opponent, and you will do so easily.

dev of paid cheat software here, ama i guess

packets are usually encrypted, its a lot easier to just reverse the game and get whatever you need from memory

legitimate software do lots of dirty things.
for one example, recording software inject dlls and hook directx stuff, also allocating executable non-module pages in the process.
an AC's job is often hard due to third party software and viruses.
also, an AC works in a hostile environment, unlike an AV for example.
that is, the user will do everything to circumvent the anticheat, like starting the cheat first, disabling security settings, etc..

idk i do it for the achievement of defeating the AC. cheating in itself is kinda boring desu.

>not cheating because its entertaining to watch people rage

Yes, i cheat in games.
but i'm not doing it for evil or mere hedonistic satisfation. i use my powers for the greater good.

I'm a cheater hunter. I do not use my hightened powers to win, i use them to track down those who spoil the fun for others, and terminate them.

I'm on every platform, using every means i have to grant my cjaracter the abilities needed to spot those who do wrong, i am to cheaters what bullyhunters are to bullies, watch out for me, i may be in your next game...

Attached: 1519085822557.jpg (693x1153, 176K)

>cheating in itself is kinda boring desu.

Being stuck in matches with cheaters is also incredibly boring. Extremely boring.

Reading server data and rendering it. It usually snooped by going to system/video memory.

Winning the $$$$ in the professional league.

The monetary incentive begs for cheating and getting away with it.

Most online cheating is much more subtle (50% triggerbot/aimbot or near it [intentionally makes a few mistakes]) and cheaters mixed things up to avert suspicion.

>that pic
Holy shit is that gorhill?

what kind of neckbeard bullshit is this

UC profile?

Your pic is simple: character shader is changed to produce solid red instead of textured and shaded image, and render mode is changed to disable depth testing so that it always draws on top. The game does the rest as normal, but these two changes cascade into results like this. If you feel like doing something fancy, you can access everyone's data and add it to characters' rendering routine. Since games have pre-allocated memory and everything's location is rigid and predicable, it's easy to accomplish.

fuck off

kys

>try to have conversation about hacking
>go to /v/
dumbass

how do you practically look at what's in the memory on Linux or Windows?

Vieläkö sä teet tätä paskaa?

a debugger

Is that using YOLOv3?

this guy...

Please don't tell me that is aimbot. Anyone above silver can perform much better

>everyone above silver aimbots
kek

C

>Literally sniffing the packets
>literally sniffing
what do they smell like user?

Beef

>How does this kind of cheating generally work?
exe and dll disassembly and analysis (rare, since for obvious reasons it's too complicated more often than not), memory dumps and scanning for changes and pattenrs on certain events (more often, and usually semi-automated since every update changes the memory layout yet usually the stuff you are searching for stays the same), and then usually writing a DLL lib and injecting it into some windows process which has access to mem and can at least read another processes, preferably edit it too. Sometimes more complicated than that if devs come up with some mem protection shit.

Where would I start learning?

Because it's supposed to deter you by design, fucktard

Your aimbot is bad and its trivial to detect if Valve cared enough

Every client is communicating to a server, server tells every client where others are located. Cheaters take this data that is send to you and show it on the screen, that's that.

also wondering this

Why does the server even send the location of players that are on the other side of the map / behind an impenetrable wall to the client? If hits are detected server-side they could only send informations about enemies that need to be rendered right?

They access the memory?

but HOW?

they just reach in and take it

>exe and dll disassembly and analysis (rare, since for obvious reasons it's too complicated more often than not)
that is more often the case, for interesting things atleast, so networked variables manager / cvars / embedded script engines.

>memory dumps and scanning for changes and pattenrs on certain events (more often, and usually semi-automated since every update changes the memory layout yet usually the stuff you are searching for stays the same)
partially wrong.
tldr: find interesting shit with cheat engine, use pointer finder or manually look at the stack and walk up until some global thing like the entity in entity list or something. Then make patterns out of the code around accessing target using offsets, since code changes less than the memory layout
>and then usually writing a DLL lib and injecting it into some windows process which has access to mem and can at least read another processes, preferably edit it too.
no. usually you can either go with your own standalone program ("external") and read/write memory using calls, or inject a dll into target ("internal") and normally read/write memory and call functions, and get called by hooked functions. The handle hijacking meme is a bad circumventation for kernel anticheats that leave default windows handles intact because they don't know any better.

thats a neural network aimbot user.

latency duh. Games like csgo and many others extrapolate the enemy positions, simulate physics independently to prevent problems. if you weren't networking players before they can be seen people would be teleporting on corners. Also, visibility testing is expensive.

Based beef packet poster.

Attached: 96Jw2J1.jpg (914x683, 73K)

In what kind of sick twisted NPC level double digit IQ brain does winning feel good by cheating?

The only time winning should feel good if It's because of your own abilities. I don't get the logic.

Gee user I thought the purpose of multiplayer games was to test your own abilities against other humans but I guess I was retarded.

CS uses a community based review and voting system for banning hackers. Hacks need to be disguised by not being too good in order to be viable beyond the short term.