Using macOS is like playing an old game, there are always some secrets yet to be discovered

Using macOS is like playing an old game, there are always some secrets yet to be discovered

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 16.23.04.png (780x693, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usability.gov/what-and-why/user-interface-design.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

woah i was just messing around in the app shortcuts settings

Lol

Why do mac window screenshots always have those useless transparent borders?

>using macOS is like playing an old game
you remember it better than it was

because muh shiny ui

you can disable it with
defaults write com.apple.screencapture disable-shadow -bool true

What's so shiny about transparency?
Pro tip: nothing, it's transparent.

whats having autism like?

I scored 60% on online Asperger's test. I'm not an autist tho
Socially awkward and maybe have some degree of social anxiety and mild depression.
But not an autist.
I even had sex with real female irl
I don't even have a thinkpad and have mild interest in anime

Check mate, faggot

It's the shadow of the windows. KDE and Gnome do the same thing.

>useless transparent borders
For the first, these transparent borders are shadows. And they are there to make it more eye friendly for the user.
It is easier for people to see which window is laying on top of another one or what window is active or on top of two windows that are besides eachother (last clicked one)
Since Win95, Microsoft used 3D contouring to accomplish just this effect in order to stress relief the human eye while using the GUI.
So it totally makes sense.

Sadly enough, todays flat-GUI is a shitpile of horrible and eye straining mess.
There is a reason to shadows and defined contours of windows. It was not created to trigger people to sperg about muhh shiny GUI.
Many people actually complain about Win10 being too eye straining to use it at work for eight hours or more on their job. Why do you think that is?

Attached: Ruger Mark 4 07 patriot Kinkite Grips.jpg (800x800, 59K)

calm down ifaggot you don't have to try so hard

not an argument.
The pure fact that 3D contouring and shadows help people to "navigate" through the GUI more easily is the purpose of this very thing.
You can't deny this. no matter how hard idiots like you try.

if not having shadows on your windows legitimately makes it harder for you to tell them apart you're not worth speaking to

It definetely is. Especially, when windows barely have a frame anymore.
Additional to this, the lighter colors are also an eye straining factor in the whole thing.
Dark mode is really appreciated.

BTW, i am using Win7 and OSX/macOS

>For the first...

go back to your shithole, cuckistani

Flat GUI is in fact going into the wrong direction.
Just because there are some minimalism autists, it doesn't mean the other 99.99% of the worlds population should prefer infinite flat design with no contours, frames, shadows.

Attached: Ruger Mark 4 05.jpg (3000x2050, 346K)

not an argument.
If you don't have to say something worth to discuss, shut the fuck up idiot.

nigger confirmed

autist confirmed.

so many flat design idiots here, its laughable.

Automator is the best reason to use macOS. I mean, aside from all the other reasons.

i'd rather be an autist than a shitskin

this!!!!
Helps me a lot to do things fully automatically without even being involved in the tasks it does.
But tell this to a loonix toddler or hardcore win fag

For allegedly being a toddler OS, you can do pretty cool stuff.
Applescript / Automator access to OS & App APIs come to mind.

But you are both. Atist and shitskin.
I know you wish you were not.

>i know you are but what am i?
lmao shitskin comebacks are middle-school tier

Karabiner Elements is also really powerful, it allows complete customization of keyboard layouts.
I have added a system wide Tab mode - pressing Tab will just send Tab, but held is a modifier which directly switches applications (e.g. Tab-e switches to Emacs, Tab-t to the terminal, Tab-Space cycles windows of the currently open App, and much more).

Look you shitskin, we discuss GUI and how useful shadows and 3D contouring is. We don't want to discuss your inferior genetics and ugly skin color.
Go to LGBT if you want to find sympathy.

lmao you're so mad

The only thing I am missing from Linux is free choice in WM.
But overall, this easily is the most comfy OS for development and daily shitposting needs.
Too bad the last flawless Laptop was the 2015 Retina series. Now we're stuck with the memebar, less ports and an unpractical keyboards.

>shadows and 3D contouring is useful
kek, how?

That's why i'm using an iMac instead of a laptop.
Screen size does also help and my wired full size keyboard is the best i ever had, combined with Logitechs ultra flat keyboard that i use on another Windows/Linux machine.

>Less eye straining
>easier to tell apart windows
>hence easier to navigate/operate.
All this makes it more comfy to work with such a GUI.

Don't ridicule yourself in pretending not knowing about this.

Proof?
Scientific paper would be great.

I wish I could afford the luxury of an iMac.
My 13" 2015 rMBP is pushed to the limits when developing some more demanding stuff, like using multiple containers or 3D stuff.
Having the same comfy environment on a desktop class computer must be really nice

I use Linux but how can w10 be too eye straining if it draws a blue glowing border around active application. Shadows are very subtle while the blue glow is very easy to see

Are you joking?
It is to experience in every GUI that has contoured frames, shadows and 3D features.
If you need someone else to confirm this to you via a scientific report, then you are a confirmed idiot. What about making your own experience instead of making stupid requests, that you can gooooooooogle yourself easily.

That a 3D GUI is more comfy, less eye straining and helps operating the OS is by the very definition of the word "oviously".
How fucking dumb are people that ask questions like you?
I know, this is channel4 but there is no justification to shitposts like yours.

So, where's my proof, faggot? Without proof your opinion is nothing.
Maybe if you have disability it is easier. Or you must have subhuman IQ to have troubles distinguishing different windows. Or, maybe, in your 60s or even 70s and computers are new thing to you.
>experience it yourself!
as far as I'm concerned it's just unecessary aesthetics.
I never was lost between my windows and thought to myself "OMG, where am I now!?"
You really sound like confused old man.

I use have a "27 inch late 2013 iMac and bought it on sale for 1300 shekelz
It was actually cheaper than most of apples laptop lineup.
And i exclusively use my computer at home, which makes a laptop needless for me.
working with it is a dream and watching movies, surfing and raping youtube as well.
I am satisfied since i bought it in 2015 and have no complains about it. And it is dead silent. No fan is hearable, whatever i do (exept rendering and playing Battlefield 2).

>So, where's my proof, faggot? Without proof your opinion is nothing.
Are you stupid? seriously!!!!
Read my comment for once and realize that you easily can confirm it to yourself when you would use a 3D contoured GU for some minutes.
So dumbfuck stupid you are.

Muhh prove to me that cars actually move when you are driving. I need scientific proof for the obvious.

>using fagOS

Attached: 1527089232173.png (400x1650, 367K)

you must really have an eye damage if you find 3D GUI unuseful eye candy.
Are you wearing glasses?
Are you like 70 years old?
Maybe you are new to computers in general?

For the idiot who thinks flat design is not just a trend that will dissapear in some years:

usability.gov/what-and-why/user-interface-design.html
I cite:
>Strategically use color and texture. You can direct attention toward or redirect attention away from items using color, light, contrast, and texture to your advantage.

Muhh flat design.

I literally said there's no difference. And it helps if you have disability and are using accessibility tools.
It's like you have nothing to say or something.
>muh 3Dshit
>muh future
>muh holograms
>cites from .gov domain
>believing any government
lmao

That image is so fucking stupid

>technology is only computers

Yeah, he forgot the important stuff, like agriculture

>I literally said there's no difference.
So you confirm that you have problems with your eyes.

>And it helps if you have disability and are using accessibility tools.
It helps every person that uses a computer, no matter how good or bad their eyes are. the benefit is visible to everyone (if you are not entirely blind or have other serious issues).

>It's like you have nothing to say or something.
It was you who shitposted about me being a 60 or 70 year old or new to computers. That was no argument as well, i just showed you the mirror.
So if i didn't have a point with this, why should you?

>muh 3Dshit
>muh future
>muh holograms
>cites from .gov domain
>believing any government
It was you who requested another opinion because you don't believe me as an expert on this.
It is well known that contouring helps a lot.

And as i said, minimalism autists don't count. According to them everything should be non GUI and even windows are bling to them already.

I work in an office as a web dev and since we changed to Win10, many of us complained about the flat gui and what an eye straining hassle it is.
Some even complain about headaches because of this shit.
We protested and our boss promised us to do something about it.
At home, i use a dark theme for Win10 and a Win7 like GUI just to circumvent the shitty flat design that Win10 brought to us.
But at work, i can't just modify the OS without permission.

nigga you're the one saying flat design causes physical discomfort to you
you're the one with eye problems

>hurr Durr, minimalist autists doesn't count!
I hope you'll get HIV from your bloat design
>working as web dev
How the fuck you're surprised?
You're working with entitled morons. As far as I'm concerned you're one of them

I have no eye problems at all. Flat is just shitty and eye straining to most of the people.
If flat GUI is not eye straining for you, you are probably too blind to see the disadvantages anymore. So YOU are the problem, not me.

>I hope you'll get HIV from your bloat design
I hope you die a horrible death, once Microsoft realizes that flat GUI is shit and makes it 3D again.

>How the fuck you're surprised?
>You're working with entitled morons. As far as I'm concerned you're one of them
Since when are web devs morons?

I could say this shit about every dev there is. but it is still no point in it.
What was the point of your comment may i ask?

>if your eyes can use flat ui design without any strain then YOU are the problem
aaaaahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahah

I larp as pedophile, potential school shooter, racist, homophobe and sometimes as terrorist from my static home IP to bait triple letter agencies into embarrassment when they arrest me and finds out I'm none of these.

>if your eyes can use flat ui design without any strain then YOU are the problem
That's not what i said.
I said your eyes must already be too damaged or blind in order to visibly see the eye straining bullshit flat GUI is.
One more proof of that is you constantly not being able to read my valuable comments.

>aaaaahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahah
Your autism mechanical minimalist keyboard is damaged. Change to a new and better one.

Take you flat GUI idiots and move to /lgbt/.
There you and the other autists will get the help needed.

wat?

>that's not what i said
>your eyes must already be too damaged in order to see the eye straining bullshit
my eyes have no difference looking at flat ui or 3D ui, i find it just as easy to use macOS as i do windows 10 (from a ui standpoint). i've got 20/20 vision. are you saying my eyes are damaged?

Oh, fuck, thought I'm on confess thread
Now this is embarrassing lmao

Your eyes might not be, but your brain most certainly is.

> i've got 20/20 vision. are you saying my eyes are damaged?
Wo knows if this is true or just larp.

For me, flat GUI is eye straining and ugly as fuck. too light, too flat, horrible simplified icons, a greyish white mess.
Win7 or OSX/ macOS are much better and more comfy. And all people i know say the same about Win10 fllat GUI. So i am obviously not the problem here.

Sure, i can use Win10 shitty flat GUI an entire day, but it is straining while Win7 is not.
And i have perfect eyes also.

haha ok retard

read it again faggot.

You should take your bloat GUI to the shitter, because that's where bloat belongs

3D contoured GUI is not bloat.

I am not talking about animated icons and stuff, like the japs and koreans prefer.

So take your shitty opinion and flat GUI and move on to /lgbt/ as you got told!!

Get the fuck out with your retarded double spaces and shit OPINION not a fucking proof

>Get the fuck out with your retarded double spaces and shit
I know that autists react on this and instantly suffer from heart attacks and nervous breakdowns when they see reddit spacing.
That's why i did this to you.
But you could reply, so i guess your medicine is reachable for you at all times?

>shit OPINION not a fucking proof
When it comes to me and my endless greatness, my opinion is proof.

Thinking an online Asperger's test is enough to prove or disprove that you have autism is a pretty autistic thing to do. The fact that you have to specify "real female" and that your interest in anime is "mild" furthers my argument that you're an autistic fuck. Go fuck a trap and then I'll be convinced.

I mentioned it for humourous purpose.
I have to specify "real" because most anons get confused by "female" gender always implying it's a male.
Wait... How mild interest in anime is an autistic trait?

To be honest, your post made me think you're autistic.

Don't even bother, you still sound retarded.

>typed words
>you sound retarded
Are you retarded?

>t.

Attached: grug.png (485x443, 38K)

Windows 10, KDE and GNOME all do this now. MacOS has been doing it for years. Apple innovates. Everyone else follows.

Win 10 doesn't.

Try it. The borders are smaller but they exist.

why are mishaps like you end up trolling Jow Forums?

I'm trolling a retard to show my superiority.

because taking screenshot without drop-shadow is hidden behind secret combo

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 01.53.40.png (668x498, 133K)

It's also a matter of consistency in style.
Something Redmond has no knowledge of and don't get me started on Linux wms.

This happens when muhh flat design gets implemented and minimalism autists skip the window frame totally forgetting about its functionality and purpose (changing size and form).
This is just one example on how shitty flat GUI is in reality.

Attached: Flat GUI Bullshit.webm (1220x840, 653K)

>I'm trolling a retard
So what you basically say is that you troll yourself in order to prove to yourself that you are retarded?

worse is window frames in windows 10 aren't really 1px, old frame is just hidden

Grow up, user. This is most childish thing I've read today. Including:

> I also demand proof that the earth is not flat, just like every other widely-known fact that I don't like.

How the fuck this is related?
Or do you think there are no proofs of Earth being round (ish)?
I literally used both, flat and non flat GUIs, I never thought to myself that I prefer one or the other.
>less strain on your eyes!!!
How the fuck it lessens eye strain? Physically you're still looking at same distance.

What are you trying to confirm here?
That you are a retarded brainlet that hears sound in typed words?

> All the eyestrain has reduced my ability to see how how your statement applies.
> Also, I'm not too smart because I think eyestrain is about distance.
> Allow me to rage some more.

it is about to easier telling apart different windows and menues within each window.

Microsoft Windows for example uses a certain setup for menues and the field of the window itself that contains files and maps and stuff, if this is not easy distinguishable anymore, because both are almost white to very light greyish, you get problems over time telling these two areas within the window apart easily, because these light colors are eye straining and that there are no contrasting lines or shadowed lines to separate these menues from the rest of the window doesn't help the cause either.
That's the main problem with flat gui's in general.
Work with windows for 10 hours straight staring at this mess of white and light grey barely distinguishable and you instantly know what i mean.
If you have to do this for month or years, the shit will get worse an you finally end up with headaches and/or wearing glasses.
There is a reason people prefer non flat GUI over flat and dark themses over white and light colors.
It's more eye friendly hence not straining on your eyes, finally damaging them or giving you headaches.

This can't be real.
These are clearly apple shills.

windows 10 ui is a mix of garbage and disaster
it's hard to believe someone had to approve this

Why would a WM have that?
Drop shadows is not innovation

>Drop shadows is not innovation
No but including them in single window screenshots is.

Useless. Only fags would say that's innovation

This is autism. Seek help

That's what the haters said about removing the headphone jack too, but fortunately Tim Cook has the courage to do what's right despite the haters.

Being unhappy about sometimes being unable to resize a window is not autism.

Just close the window and reopen it. Easy

He's talking about shadow in screenshots.

> I look like an idiot
> I’ll throw out the shill word, then I’ll be cool