Exactly how bad is it to use Chrome on Android?

Sync is very important to me atm, so I'm using Chrome on mobile as well as desktop. On desktop I have some measures in place to prevent tracking like uBO and Privacy Badger (apart from by Google itself but that's the price I pay for convenience). So on desktop I'm under the impression that a lot of the 3rd party shit like is blocked - cookies/trackers etc.

But how bad is it in terms of 3rd party tracking etc to browse normie websites on Android Chrome, i.e. without a condom?
Obviously I have to see ads. As annoying as they are, I can endure them. But what about the stuff under the hood that comes with the ads, and other 3rd party shit on the website? How much are they able to track me? Just using the basic settings in Chrome I have 3rd party cookies blocked. So while I still have to see ads, is that setting (blocking 3rd party cookies) enough to at least prevent 3rd parties tracking me across the web? E.g. by powerad.ai on Jow Forums?

Pls help a retard out.

Attached: Chrome-browser-teaser-1[1].jpg (1080x607, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/DominicMaas/TimelineExtension
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello fellow retard.
I don't think blocking 3rd party cookies is enough. Maybe using Blockada helps (local VPN for non-rooted phones, which makes you unable to use a VPN), or other similar apps like firewalls or whatever.
I'm technologically illiterate compared to people here, but that's what I have to say.

Don't be a retarded. Use Firefox.

firefox on android has a disgusting font is there a way to change it?

what do you mean, it uses the system font

Any browser that is not Tor/Firefox inevitably gives away your entire browsing history to Google and countless other advertisers and trackers due to fingerprinting and session cookies

If you're seeing ads you're being tracked.

Tracking you is how they decide who to pay for the ads.
Nobody would put ads on their site without thracking, because then they don't get payed.

just use Bromite you brainlet

>gapps infected operating system
won't make any difference

>on desktop I'm under the impression that a lot of the 3rd party shit like is blocked - cookies/trackers etc.
>chrome

Attached: 1531342666878.png (800x949, 356K)

Just use chrome man, don't be paranoid why do you want to refrain from using chrome?

Just use Opera, there is literally no reason not to, it has all your syncing features, it's based on Chrome, it has an adblocker on both desktop and mobile and on Desktop you can use Chrome addons

I'm considering it. Probably I won't sync my saved passwords to Opera's servers, but definitely bookmarks. Maybe history and tabs.

Firefox is another option. Maximum comfy on PC. And best for privacy on Android, because it has uBO instead of just relying on Android Opera's mystery meat adblocker (how much exactly are they blocking - are they letting trackers run wild behind the scenes?). And scrolling seems to have improved - but it's still not smooth like Android Opera.

Maybe I should give both a try. A couple of weeks each?
BTW I tried Brave today. Seemed great on desktop. And on Android it seemed quite good too - until I realized there's no way to even open a link in a new tab lol. Plus I'm still not sure about their business. It's not a non-profit like Mozilla Foundation, right, so they need to make money from somewhere? How are they doing it? I don't understand the whole ad replacement gimmick yet. So I'll stay clear of that one for now.

But just to make clear, if I'm seeing ads on Chrome, it defeintely means trackers are able to track me from site to site? Blocking 3rd party cookies doesn't protect me?

Attached: 1548024288918.png (755x708, 11K)

Just use UC Browser

Firefox on mobile is utter fucking shit and it's slower and probably less compatible across all devices, don't bother, as for Brave their pretty trust worthy, they wouldn't be FOSS otherwise, certainly more trust worthy than Firefox or Chrome, but it has little sync ATM, for you I really would just go with Opera and perhaps Brave if their syncing improves

Chrome is a web browser made by an advertising company and is also proprietary. You make the decision on what you want to use.

- GitHub - DominicMaas/TimelineExtension: Windows Timeline & Project Rome Web Extension - github.com/DominicMaas/TimelineExtension

What the hell are you talking about? Firefox might not be as good as Chromium-based browsers, but it's still good and, unlike others, it's possible to install add-on on Firefox.

This, what the fuck.

Attached: 1547343097419.webm (1088x1088, 2.28M)

Samsung internet has extensions for adblocking and tracking protection
You can get sync extension for it on your desktop browser too

>using android, made by google
>doesn't want to use chrome, made by google, because of tracking

it's not about Google tracking me - I've made my peace with that

it's about other shitty entities like powerad.ai, scorecardresearch.com, openx.net etc tracking me.
Can they still track me if I block 3rd Party cookies?

Attached: 1549751237956.jpg (1080x808, 61K)

I use samsung browser for the dark mode and adhell3

I wonder how much money that clip is worth

There's like 4 or 5 different forks of Firefox mobile by Mozilla. Although yes, master is shit.

Everything is bad on Android

you can run non root adblockers on android like blokada, dns 66, and probably others. whereby you can block ads with their filter or by using a DNS that shits on known ad IPs

My phone would slow down to a crawl and get really hot when i would browse without any adblocker it really is awful.

cant block ads with chome, use firefox with ublock