Is it me or the specs of modern phones seem almost as good as mid-range desktop PCs?

Is it me or the specs of modern phones seem almost as good as mid-range desktop PCs?

Attached: 1461691318196.jpg (700x1059, 319K)

That is why they cost just as much or more.

I've never really looked into them. How true is the planned obsolescence meme?

Surely with specs this good a modern phone should last at least 6-7 years.

what is that character?

I don't understand why phones become obsolete so quickly if all they're good for is going on facebook.

What do they even bother upgrading the specs? For comparison a PC from 2005 can browse the web just as fine as a PC from 2019. I don't get it.

updates that slow you down + non-removable batteries

>For comparison a PC from 2005 can browse the web just as fine as a PC from 2019
Is this what noscript autists actually believe? Google Maps is unbrowsable on Core 2 Duos from 2011.

Is there a legitimate reason for not letting you upgrade the battery or is it pure jewry?

Are there any nice models that do?

>nice models
niche models*

Use 2D mode. They used to have a 'Lite' mode that worked well, then they changed it. Switch your browser. I had Firefox for years, and it just got slower and slower. I use Opera now.

>a PC from 2005 can browse the web just as fine as a PC from 2019
As someone who owns many generations of working laptops, I can tell you that this is extremely untrue.

Attached: rino-sashihara-04738440.jpg (1440x2730, 693K)

Attached: 1334865861927.jpg (700x1059, 1002K)

Why did you think I was talking about a laptop? Also I don't believe it.

They still might be slower in raw power but they sure as fuck are better optimized. Phones that can't maintain consistent 60fps in UI are called crap. Meanwhile PCs can't even do smooth scrolling in browsers well and windows becoming completely unresponsive during heavy operations is considered normal.

You are making the comparison of a PC from 2005 working just as well as a PC from 2019 in order to get the point across that phones don't need to update so frequently. Using this logic, why should it matter that he was talking about laptops

lmfao

>Using this logic, why should it matter that he was talking about laptops
I find weird and slightly repulsive the idea that some people think of laptops first when hearing the term "PC".

pure jewry, if it's not because of water resistance (and even then that's a poor excuse)
>Are there any niche models that do?
there's motorola, who sells genuine replacement parts through ifixit

/tg/ came up with it ages ago, it's called Haggard.

Attached: 1291532160430.jpg (613x464, 29K)

bump

they are computers and they are personal, hence they are personal computers

whats it actually meant to be?

newfag

so what it's a fucking telephone