Apple removed the headphone jack from the iPhone and the company's MacBook laptops are USB-C only

>Apple removed the headphone jack from the iPhone and the company's MacBook laptops are USB-C only.
>You can't plug your iPhone into your MacBook without an adapter and you need an adapter or a dongle to connect to things like HDMI, ethernet, or wired headphones.
>Apple makes over 20 different types of dongles.
>Apple's move to get rid of the headphone jack and other ports has caused a lot of fragmentation.
>Phil Schiller: Well, the reason to move on, I'm gonna give you three of them. But it really comes down to one word. Courage.
The only company in the world that produces literal trash that doesn't work unless you buy a spaghetti bundle of dildos hanging out of it.

Attached: 1525626144228.png (527x992, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU
macrumors.com/2019/02/11/2019-iphones-lightning-5w-charger-earpods/
apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ITODDLERS BTFO

Attached: e4e7550d5206aa77578bf68aac829580663c4f0a_hq.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

-Someone post the meme of the guy on the tv show laughing with the subtitles talking about how we charge for dongles.

BASED

You get one dongle that has literally everything and never worry about it again.

Attached: 1550955736.png (1473x390, 222K)

Courage.

Attached: courage.jpg (636x544, 70K)

Macbook doesn’t even have a lightning port, and I’ve never seen an Ethernet to lightning atapter. I think you’re gonna need a few more adapters user.

>You can't plug your iPhone into your MacBook
You don't need to do that when icloud is a thing :^)

>needs a charger to use a dongle
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF ICUKS

Attached: 1523343924340.jpg (480x480, 26K)

You don't need a charger to use the dongle you idiot.

It's just dongles

Attached: 1543031328081.gif (316x196, 512K)

based

I've not seen this one, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

how will itoddlers EVER recover?

based

macrumors.com/2019/02/11/2019-iphones-lightning-5w-charger-earpods/

absolute yikes

Attached: 1473717508555.jpg (831x639, 124K)

baste

based and redpilled

Thanks user.

Attached: 1550918279685.jpg (798x809, 48K)

+2gold4U

based

>itoddlers dongled again
lmao

>needs a fucking dongle in the first place
>dongle causes bottleneck

Attached: 1549878739578.jpg (229x220, 38K)

>come home and plug one dongle in
>instantly connected to my monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones, printer, and laptop starts charging
Yes, tell me about how dongles are bad while you spend 1 minute plugging and unplugging shit every time you move your laptop.

based

my thinkpad dock does not have this issue.

>want to move my seat while "working" on my MacBook
>get up with an octopus-tentacle assortment of dongles trailing from it

The cables are under my desk. There is only one small section that goes above and connects to my laptop. Unlike your situation, where without the dongle the cables connecting to your laptop literally look like an octopus.

See why the modular phone never panned out?

le based

>apples dongle problem
You mean everyone else's antiquated port problems.

The people who complain about this are seriously brain dead. Thunderbolt is superior in every way and there is no argument to the contrary. Please try to argue with single standard port with 40Gb bandwidth plus power.

>The only company in the world that produces literal trash that doesn't work unless you buy a spaghetti bundle of dildos hanging out of it.

The same people who complain about this are totally okay with a spiderweb mess of random cables all over their work station.

Jow Forums, you make me insane, if you don't like it don't fucking buy it.

>dock
>not a dongle, bros!
>it's just not called a dongle, bros!
>when are we going to juice each other's dock dicks, bros?

It's not a problem. They are making a fuckload of money.

You don't need dongles you need new cables. And even on the go dongles are a meme, a small hub easily replicates all the old ports with a single device.

>paying $70 at least for a minor convenience
apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

So you're not going to buy one then?

i already have at least 3 of all of those ports except for usb-c which nobody uses to begin with

Well I guess you can go ahead and shove that post up your ass then.

>implying this isn't couragous

Attached: Apple Think Different.jpg (1280x960, 95K)

Next apple will make a wireless dongle that needs a dongle to connect anything that isn't type c and make the wireless dongle proprietary so iretards can't by third party ones

This is a prime example of the retarded superiority complex that Jow Forums has devolved into

>takes more than 10 seconds
Sorry it isn't my fault you eat a shit load of ice cream and never exercise user

It is nice to plug in one thing instead of five

this is perfect

Yeah it sure is, but it also is nice to not have to lug around dongle along with my laptop

I would ask where you are carrying your laptop without a bag? Is space such a premium for you that you can't fit a (lets face it) very small dongle in it? Why are you carrying this laptop such great distances without proper storage that dongles are a burden to you? Are you using a Macbook as a piece of diagnostic equipment where you would need to interface with all manner of technology? If that is the case how are you carrying the rest of your kit without some form of storage? Maybe you should just buy the technology that fits your specific needs pertaining to your personal and occupational life.

seethe

t. iJeet

based

>hating on USB-C
You disappoint me, Jow Forums.

Triggered applecuck.

One of the signs that you are in a cult is forcing you to buy or wear things that alienate you and other cult members from the rest of society

>has literally everything
Then post that dongle instead, the one you posted doesn't have everything. Literally JUST usb, badly placed memory-card, and one single poorly functioning "hdmi" port.

>>You can't plug your iPhone into your MacBook without an adapter
I do it by either WiFi or Bluetooth.
But you wouldn't understand that. Too new for you.

Next gen phones and tablets will have no ports, be fully factory sealed, and use wireless charging.

Stalin should gave gulaged Apple shills.

kys

Tim cock is tryna make the tablet king so he fuck over consumers even further

Tim Cook has a background in optimizing every last penny out of a system. And that's exactly what he's done as CEO.
> Remove ports
>Change ports every 5 years
> Don't invest $250b cash in anything
> No updates to the iTunes UI since 2012
> Brick all upgradability
> Huge margins on last gen hardware

He's doing what he knows and doing it well

Plugging a male part into a female part is the closest experience to sex all these incels will ever have.

From my desk to a conference room.
> Hang on guys, let me get my bag of dongles since I don't remember what connections this room has

You still understand it the wrong way: Its supposed to be mobile – you're supposed to be able to UNPLUG and PLUGIN ALL of your devices with one cable. Get shit done, unplug one cable that has everything, be on the move quick, get back, plug everything back in in just a second with no hassle. How is that a bad system?

>inb4 cant connect to anything at places where no dongle is available
dont go to poor peoples places then Jesus

plus, if you dont want to, just buy the previous model. Oh you want only the most up to date system BUT cant afford a proper adapter? It doesnt make any sense. Why dont we put power transformators back on the INSIDE of laptops since its an unncessary peripheral as well?

Not even a fan of apple I hate their toxic ecosystem where everything is locked down but this discussion about dongles is just people literally not understanding the design and then complaining about it.

Basado

based

amazon dongles are not apple certified. have fun voiding your warranty

Attached: 240vgoeswhere.png (636x544, 90K)

>40GB port
Unless you have a server full of DBs or you're a 3D animations editor the maximun size of any file in your mac is maybe 3GBs, just if you store blue-ray movies in your mac you'd have files bigger than that

Here's the thing about my nest of cables: I don't need a second nest of cables to make it connect to my fucking computer. If I've got a bunch of IO that I need, the last fucking thing I want to worry about is the IO to get to the IO.

Imagine paying 2000 dollars for a laptop and then having to pay 50 bucks for a decent dongle. My chink macbook (matebook x pro) included a dongle and it was half the price of a macbook lmao

If it was superior, then why are the planning on replacing it with usb-c?

You can do this without having to remove all the other ports. HP laptops have Thunderbolt/USB C ports and didn't remove all the other ports.

Instead you plug in one thing and plug the other five things in to that one thing.
Retard

That sounds like your companies problem, not apple.

Besides this picture being inaccurate why not just get a dock with more ports? This image really just highlights the ridiculous amount of standards out there.

Not at 40Gb. Try harder.

based and ebilpilled

Basado

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Other manufacturers will honor a warranty if you plugged some dodgy equipment into your machine and fry it?

...but it does.
40GB / 2 = 20GB
20GB < 40GB

>There are actual iToddlers ITT trying to defend this

Attached: e0d7a.jpg (251x255, 22K)

Samefag

Just entered to see this. Made my day.

Even if what your are saying is true, which I would like to see the sauce on those metrics, 20 fucking Gbs is more bandwidth than you could saturate being outside specific cases. Unless you're creating HPC clusters with macbooks I doubt you would ever notice the "bottleneck"

It's not like you ever move from your desk anyway, why would you care?

cringe

Female incels BTFO

>You mean everyone else's antiquated port problems

Attached: 1360813534759.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

They just plug the laptop into the cable instead of plugging the cable into the laptop, faggot.

Muh dik.

>You can't plug your iPhone into your MacBook without an adapter
See photo.
>HDMI
What's the point of getting a laptop if you're keeping it hooked up to a monitor, might as well get a desktop or Mac Mini.
>ethernet and wired headphones
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth grandpa.

Attached: usbc lightning.jpg (572x572, 32K)

>applel

wrong

baste

BASED

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

To hook up to a projector.
Ethernet is faster and as a grandpa my time on Earth is short and I need my files now.
And bluetooth? You enjoy your limited listening time? The fuck you on?

You don't keep a dock on your laptop all the time, you massive fucking retard. Macfags are FORCED to carry dongles or special cables around just to connect a fucking USB drive to their "computer" while the usage of a dock is mainly for using your laptop as a desktop at home, and the usability of your laptop isn't hindered whatsoever by you not having it.

I can plug in my usb drive just fine without a dongle. I can also plug my usb drive into my phone without a dongle. Conference room video inputs are all usb-c. It's the thinkpad users who have to carry dongles around to meetings. Stop using outdated technology.

2 rupees have been deposited into your account, Ranjeet.