>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k - Good for gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti High framerate 1080p gaming, beware of only 6gb of vram
1440p
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti Highish (60-100) framerate 1080p gaming, especially beware of only 6gb of vram at this resolution
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: dicksuckem.png (500x500, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitimes.com/news/a20190220VL200.html
technewstoday.com/dram-prices-are-falling-lower-than-ever/
extremetech.com/computing/285977-why-ram-prices-are-falling-through-the-floor
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811133359
pcpartpicker.com/list/Mhwpsz
pcpartpicker.com/list/MhwpsZ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/K92rgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/Gt3MNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2700/X best high-end
>3400 cl16 ram
>1660ti for 1440p
>6gb is not enough meme

Trash OP again

Does a 2080ti for 1440p make sense if I want a gorillian fps?

Someone PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO GET
I want 1080p, SOLID 60fps, Ultra Settings

1660Ti-------OR----- RTX 2060?
Which card manufacturer ?
Is there a website that tests out the loudness of the fans?

Help me bros, I'm going to die from the so many different options and configurations of each of the cards.

just be urself bro

wait for poovi

Yes. There isn't a game that doesn't go beyond 240+ fps with 2080ti 1440p ultra except for older games like csgo and whatnot. Unless gorillian means like 144

I honestly don't know how you guys decided on which graphics card you wanted. There's so many options.

Attached: Annotation 2019-02-23 200629.jpg (1060x1059, 200K)

Undervolting - is it just state 7 I want to reduce?

random used 1060 for $160
1660 Ti totally isn't needed for 1080p

digitimes.com/news/a20190220VL200.html
technewstoday.com/dram-prices-are-falling-lower-than-ever/
extremetech.com/computing/285977-why-ram-prices-are-falling-through-the-floor

Maybe hold off on the large ram purchases lads, and lets hope 32gb kits will be 130 by December

Attached: PCPP-DDR4-3000.png (1134x348, 34K)

lol, i'm on ryzen 5 2400G, "gaming" on the integrated gpu.

But if I were you, I'd go for the 1660Ti, maybe a MSI armor one

Autism.

I was planning on getting an rx580 for my first build, but with all the 1660ti release and price drops, I have no idea what to get. Still looking at around 300 for price. Gonna run a r5 2600 and want stable 1080p gameplay. wut do

amd wont have anything that can compete for at least 8 months

>these CPU choices
Lel. So glad that /pcbg/ doesn't really know what they're talking about, so my 5ghz CPUs stay cheap while they fly under the radar.

wot cpu

RIP my old R390, been team red for 10 years. Just ordered this qt 1660ti. I welcome my smaller power bills.

Attached: 1660.jpg (684x440, 32K)

I have a 2600 and I can say that if your budget is 300 get the 1660. I'm this dude and my budget is 400 which is why I'm so fucking confused.

why order such a small card? Even for ITX builds it's too small.

It's cheap and i'm not gonna overclock it anyway. According to reviews it's not even that much louder or hotter than the bigger cards + i like small.

>It's cheap
how cheap

>start using the Gigabyte RTX 2070 I bought from Fry’s last night
>it crashes after a few hours of gaming and now displays purple artifacts, computer crashes when a game is launched
>try uninstalling and reinstalling drovers, nothing works
>Fry’s doesn’t accept returns, only swaps out defective items for another of the same item
>card is out of stock in stores near me according to website
Has anyone had experience with Fry’s in a situation like this? I figure I’ll walk in tomorrow just to see if anything can be done, but I have a bad feeling they’ll tell me to fuck off and contact the manufacturer.
I’ve heard bad things about Gigabyte’s RMA process, I’m hoping to get this settled with Fry’s first.

320€ in binland.

xDDDD

>320€

Attached: 300px-YoungChrissy.jpg (300x426, 21K)

Only 3 card manufacturs to consider when getting a new card

EVGA

MSI

ZOTAC

That's it, any other's have horrible service

This is an expensive shithole, what can is say

Attached: 3ec3d18f (1).jpg (800x800, 41K)

How much wattage should the PSU have for the following setup?

Mobo: B450m Bazooka
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16GB 3000Mhz DDR4
GPU: 1660 Ti`

Also, any recs on which brand/model to get for the 1660 Ti? Thanks.

Attached: 1543332483548.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

I've been looking at cases for a few days, and am pretty sure I'm going to snag a Thermaltake View 71. Newegg has an RGB version for $200 and a non-RGB for $130. It's a no-brainer to go with the cheaper right, since the only difference is the fan LEDs? I figure I can always buy new fans and swap them in if I want to.

[spoiler] newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811133359 [/spoiler]

btw I have a 450w PSU as is, but it's a 450w EVGA BV which seems to be cheap and obscure model so I want to replace it. I've been using it with a 4GB RX 580 for about 160 hours of gaming so far with no issues though.

Honestly I think you should be fine with your current psu as long as the 1660ti has similar wattage to the 1060. I don't know if wattage has been released yet though

Bump

How's the Vega 64 these days? Should I buy it?
1440p/60

I can't decide if I should get 1440p/75hz or 1080p/144hz.

>bought an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra
>Fuck yeah, time to try out that new fangled RTX I've heard of. Apparently the Metro devs reduced to the performance hit down to only 23%
>RTX won't stay on when I exit the settings menu
>You NEED windows 10 version. 1809 for it to work
>No problem, I'll just update
>Currently version 1803, been updating for an hour

Fuck me right? Also my 2080Ti is giving me screen flickers when I have G-sync enabled because of a driver issue with having a high refresh rate monitor sharing the gpu with a lower one. RTX aside, I'm surprised how much performance I'm getting. I get 85+ fps on extreme preset at 1440p even paired with my less than optimal R7-1700X.

There is literally like one game using it and its absolute trash.

thanks!

Decent card if you're getting it for $400 or less. It should be a letter to drive 1440p/60 easily enough
Both will require roughly the same amount if GPU power to push them to their fullest refresh rate. 1440p is nice to have for non gaming stuff though. More screen real estate
RTX is actually quite cool. Real time lighting changes based on the environment. Sun streams through the windows, etc. It only sucks right now due to being in it's infancy and hitting performance hard. DLSS though, I have no idea what the fuck they're thinking with that.

No, you got me wrong. I'm not saying rtx is bad, I'm saying the only games that are using it are trash.

Oh. Well that's a matter of opinion. I for one like Metro Exodus. Was never a can of battlefield though. Least. It since BC2

>ZOTAC
Zotacs are bottom of the barrel and have shit quality cooling

this or the normal black one?

Attached: b450m.jpg (425x282, 28K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/Mhwpsz

posting this again, rate it faggots
monitor is a viewsonic xg2402

shit got the link wrong, it’s pcpartpicker.com/list/MhwpsZ

difference is merely aesthetics.

an astute observation. now which one?

whatever color you want to be.
I plan on buying black tho.

I'm going with all black and little or no rgb, meshify c mini. tempted though just because it looks kinda neat, but feel as though I may regret it

Planning on the same build. shame I can't find a non-RGB ram in my area. stuck with corsair rgb.
I also want to buy that case if the stores in my area still have stock, with either a literal who case brand or thermaltake versa h18 tg as alternatives.

>black
fucking cucks

msi gaming x 1660 ti for 290 after tax. should i jump on it?

white stands out too much in the room

All I would do is get a cpu cooler so it's not running at 80 C when overclocked above 3.85ghz

Real talk, 1080p is my objective for the long future at least another 5 years.
I have a 970, will my i5 6600k overclocked at 4.5ghz will be able to keep up with a 2060/2070? Will I get constant 60fps in games where a ton of shit happen?
I don't have the money to get a new CPU and motherboard, 16gigs of ram at 2333mhz, 1 512 2.5 SSD and 2 Western Digital blacks form my pc right now, CPU cooled with a Noctua DH15(nice and cool(65C at worst) under load even with ambient temps going over 35C).

My 970 is getting on the 5 year old now so I want to upgrade. Also whats a good VPN to buy? I'm tired of getting throttled(do VPN fixes throttling issues to some pages? I have 70down and only steam, netflix and youtube plus torrents get to like 11mpbs)

Thanks in advance, sorry for the way the pharagraphs are form I thought it would be easier on the eyes.

Everyone hates one of them from past experience, its hard picking

>every part is in stock except for the 120mm case fan
FUCK SAKE

Any cheap but reliable alternatives to Fractal Meshify C Mini?

aaaaaaaaaa I can't decide between 1440p/75hz or 1080p/144hz

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN IPS VA OR TN

>IPS BACKLIGHT BLEED EVERYTHING DARK LOOKS LIKE SHIT FOR GAYMING.
>TN WASHED OUT COLOURS. SHIT VIEWING ANGLES
>VA BAD RESPONSE TIME HIGH INPUT LAG. CURVED MEME MONITORS

1080p is 100% obsolete

Are wi-fi cards worth it at all?

I'll help you out.
VA
>meme shit inbetween tn and ips shit at everything good at nothing
TN
>good for fast paced games the most responsive
IPS
>nice colors, but shit everything else
Chad like me owns one high hz TN and one low hz IPS, so I can pick between those two depending on what im doing.

I'm nearly blind and bigger resolutions make words and letter smaller so 1080p works fine for me. But thanks senpai, appreaciate your comment.
Will you buy me a 4k monitor with a i7 9700k and a 2080?

>every reviewer called the 1660Ti an "RX 590 Killer"
>thought everyone agreed the 590 was dogshit

Wasn't that what was agreed upon? The RX 590 is and was utter trash, and it was a far better idea to save up just a little more for a Vega 56 or GTX 1070?

>Will you buy me a 4k monitor with a i7 9700k and a 2080?

yeah give me your paypal senpai

It's okay when nvidia does it

I now have msi afterburner. How do I find out the power draw of my gpu?

I use gpu-z

I'm gonna be honest with you, I was down to post my paypal here and whatever it happens happens but I changed my paypal to business a while back and I dont know how to get the link that they made me do in regular account to share for people to send me money.
So I just lost a 4k monitor and good gear, goddamn.

better luck next time

You are trolling right, you weren't just gonna send me money.
Please say yes so I don't actually feel bad about it.

Anyways this doesn't answer my original question, can someone answer me?

Am I just supposed to leave these apps open while I run a game? Will they record power use fluctuations automatically?

yes but im tipsy so I might have thrown a Jow Forumsangster 20 dollars

Who /intel&raedon/ master race here?

Regardless, you are a good person user, keep it up and some other lucky user gets it.

what gpu friend

I'm sorry for shilling for the 1660 Ti.

I have a 6700k + RX 570 4GB. 1080p/60 works well. Waiting (tm) for Navi.

do any Jow Forumstards actually own a Radeon VII?

Attached: 1547318374302.jpg (800x420, 36K)

Two or three.

So after getting 0 answers i'm just gonna asume any card over a 1660ti can do 60fps in any game with an i5 at 4.5ghz at 1080p.
Sweet, thanks lads.

I might upgrade to intel next. I'll see in 2-3 years what they have to offer. I probably won't be upgrading my gpu for the next 10 years or so.

Do any Jow Forumstards actually own an RTX 2060?

What do you have now?

GTX 660 xd. its a massive upgrade and a good price for one of the best aftermarket coolers. just debating if it would be good enough for what i want, or if i should splurge on a 2060 instead. shooting for 240fps in overwatch on 1080p 100% render all low.

>shooting for 240fps in overwatch
yikes imagine try harding in the most casual of shooters and dead game on top of that.

actually playing a lot more csgo and quake live now but i feel like overwatch is the upper limit of games i would expect to get 240 in.

Is cs:go even alive anymore? Last time I played it it was overrun by cheaters.

Need a monitor with the following:
>27"
>2k
>adjustable height
>cheaper the better
What have we got?

Redpill me on the radeon vii
Will it let me run a gorrilion mods on besthada games with decently high fps, will it run emulators well despite being a non nvidia card, do well with blender, run shit at 144 fps or higher?
Or any other attribute i might of not thought of that would sway me?
8gb on the 2080 is pathetic and the 6b on the 2060 is just bullshit, playing lucky dip with ex miner 1080ti cards isnt happening and the 2080ti is so overpriced i would feel less ripped off if i just gave that money to a hobo to buy more drugs with
And to top it off i cant wait a bajillion years for navi because i need a pc now not it 8 months
Is this literally the worst time in pc history to build a capable pc for a reasonable fucking price?
Sorry that turned into a rant

About to pull the trigger on the 2070 Zotac Amp Extreme for $520 usd. Only major flaw I can see with it is no idle fan stop. Still at max load it seems to run cooler and quieter than my 970. Any reason not to get this model?

I’m now reading that because my rx580 is a nitro and thus oc’d, undervolting will have no benefit. Is that correct?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/K92rgw

What do you fuckers of think of this? I didn't make it but was looking to build an inexpensive office computer that won't run like shit. Won't be any gaming or anything on it but it sure feels weird to not have a gpu in that list.

its alive but obviously if you care about tryharding you are going to want to play in ESEA or Faceit, which are dying i believe

seems fine to me.

Hey guys I did a quick budget 1000 gaming rig. Its a little over, about 10 bucks, but I would like your guys opinion on what I can improve or swap out while keeping it rougly around a grand.

My current monitors only have dvi/hdmi/vga ports on them, and they only support 1080p.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Gt3MNQ

Attached: 1436098445178.jpg (396x385, 21K)

so is the i7 just a i5 with more cores(and clock speed)? and the i5 is just an i3 with more cores(and clock speed)?

I used to. Why do you ask.

What the fuck where. LINK