Are they obsolete already?

Are they obsolete already?

Attached: 1525989289889.jpg (500x499, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jupyter/jupyter/wiki/A-gallery-of-interesting-Jupyter-Notebooks
youtube.com/watch?v=zoGl8-Wc-L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

no

maybe

i use mine a lot since i never bring my laptop at uni

Probably. They can't match a Computer.

Surprisingly people are brainlets and can't program computers to do maths either. It's just a matter of what they learned to press. And that's still usually such calculators, if they even do that much.

You can't use a laptop in an exam.

They were a lot better value when they were fifty bux a pop, but they're not bad. I bought one because I didn't want to buy a second TI-89Ti when I know mine is in storage somewhere. It doesn't do imaginary numbers via angles the way that a TI does, but I'm not good enough with it to tell if that's an it issue or a me issue. It does everything else I need it to do so it's fine, but I got mine for eighty bux used from a Venezuelan, so I still got an alright deal.

Attached: 1547704726617.png (540x747, 836K)

Yes, way overpriced for someone to care, plus smarthphones do exist.

I always just used a PDA or palmtop PC with a good calculator or CAS application unless artificially restricted like mentions.

Attached: nec-mobilepro-900-handheld-pc-model_1_6590237f83146b3c12f54d9d4557a7ec.jpg (1440x1080, 262K)

They're overpriced, if they weren't they'd be pretty good because of how much functionality they pack on something with more than 2 hours of battery.

Better off with a cheaper one tho.

>school says to buy one of these as a requirement
>not allowed to be used in tests and exams

wtf. if they can't be used then why not just do without

Neither you can use graphing calculator in exams, at least in my uni.

FUCKING BASED. How much are those going on these days?

You can, it may even be required. Or no devices may be allowed.

Seriously though, schools may not even have current hand tools for crafts. What does it matter, its still obsolete gear.

I don't need no fancy graphs or picture rotation

Attached: IMG_20181113_215204.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

The only calculator you need is the Casio fx-115ES.

Business stuff still should have spreadsheets for efficiency even at the monkey level.

>bought hp50g
>too bulky
>buttons too stiff and hard too press
>button actuation literally sounds through the desk
what a fucking meme

Just use your phone and droid48sx, it's the best feeling HP emulator I've found.

Attached: droid48sx.png (512x512, 202K)

They're fucking cool tech. Download some games or something into them and have fun.

oh don't get me wrong. my life amounted to nothing so I work at a thrift store and have collected maybe 5 or 6 Texas instruments so far

Guess these things are pretty useful in a elec eng course.

No, i use mine as a bitcoin miner.

For me it's the TI-89

>real keys

It will never be obsolete

They're artificially speed limited, switch out a resistor and watch your graphing improve and your battery life drop.
Based

My weapon of choice is a Tungsten T3 that I spent $40 on with a new battery and docking station.

Could probably pick up a good AAA powered Super VZ Palm that can run PowerOne and god knows how many interpreters/compilers for like $20 now.

Still has rampart use in engineering exams

Nobody needs real keys to do something as simple as number plus number times number, sqrt - you can do that effortlessly on a smartphone.

Where real keys are useful is when you are far superior doing modern programming language maths, with things like:
github.com/jupyter/jupyter/wiki/A-gallery-of-interesting-Jupyter-Notebooks

Inferior to the HP50g

If you're too stupid to solve (differential) simple equations, calculate derivatives, integrals, series and so forth you don't belong in IT.

>Installs acrobat and replaces monitor, leaves old monitor 1 foot away for a year.
Ok.

I use on for uni.

i rather buy a smartphone
during exams i can't use them anyway

The only reason they're still a thing is because you can use them on certain tests and Amerilards are too stupid into doing shit without a calculator.

Attached: 20190217_125945.jpg (4032x3024, 3.58M)

>already
They've been obsolete since cheap n powerful laptops were a thing circa 2007~2009. You're 10 years late to their funeral.

Attached: calculator 3.jpg (2656x759, 514K)

>look at the reviews for people buying graphing calculators trying to figure out why
>"for my daughter"
>"finance major"
>"everything i need for college algebra"

Literally an industry supported by brainlets

Why do graphing calculators exist? Can't you use a cheap scientific plus a good laptop?

Why do smart phones exist? Can't you use a cheap flip phone plus a good laptop?

I do all my shit with the console for IPython

Attached: file.png (594x1038, 193K)

>Ti 83
>$95
>Casio fx-9750GII
>$46

>Ti 84 plus
>$129
>Casio fx-9860GII
>$80

>Ti 84 plus CE
>$135-160
>Casio CG 50
>$94

>TI-Nspire CX
>$150-170
>Casio CG 500
>$130

Why do burgers keep buying inferior Ti's at higher prices?

Attached: module-fx-cg500 prizm.png (1079x1397, 344K)

Absolutely not.
>Let me pull out my phone and start looking up an app called "Desmos"-sure, that's not going to look weird at all!!
They are excellent. Especially for doing long calculations like in trigonometry.
>You can't program, you're a dumbass
I can run a mile faster than your fat ass.

I got a TI-83 Plus for $25.

schools batch order those things because nogs steal them and resell them back to pawnshops.

I find it odd that no one has made a good phone application t o compete with these.

Like this would be the perfect thing to replace with your phone. Although not sure if it'd be smart for schools to allow phones into exams. SO maybe I answered my own question......

I only ever used the Casio scientific after college. Never used the graphic calculator.

>calculators aren't obselete because you're not allowed to use phones during tests
how retarded are you

Cell phones and laptops are prohibited during tests. Good luck calculating the 10th exponential value of Sin of 18x divided by 45, multiplied by Cos of 3x divided by 18 with paper and pencil.

There are graphing calculator apps.

What are you trying to say?

>Especially for doing long calculations like in trigonometry

Scientific calculators exist

That's why there are practicums/exams in the computer lab.

>but I got mine for eighty bux used from a Venezuelan, so I still got an alright deal.

You should have gave him more. He was probably selling it to feed his family thanks to communism fucking everything up (again).

Which is still a calculator...

>The only calculator you need is the Casio fx-115ES.

This but the newest one: Casio fx-115ES -> Casio fx-115ES Plus -> Casio fx-991EX

>Still has rampart use in engineering exams
Most engineering professors ban graphing calculators and you'll never need to graph anything anyway.

>Nobody needs real keys to do something as simple as number plus number times number, sqrt - you can do that effortlessly on a smartphone.

Yeah goy, don't buy a 12$ calculator. Buy this iphone for 1200$ instead.

>Good luck calculating the 10th exponential value of Sin of 18x divided by 45, multiplied by Cos of 3x divided by 18 with paper and pencil.

sin^10(18x)/45 * cos(3x)/18 = (∑(10 choose 2n) -1^n cos(18*(2n)x) ) * (cos(3x)) /(512*45*18)
(∑(10 choose 2n) -1^n cos((18*2n+3)x) + -1^n cos((18*2n-3)x) ) /(1024*45*18)

Why the fuck do you need a calculator?

>obsolete
No.
>overpriced
Absolutely.

Having a dedicated calculator without fucking around with startup times, shitty apps, ad-infested mobile rubbish, nonfunctional or non-compliant order of operations and functions, all with real buttons, high durability, low weight, no recharging, and low price will never go obsolete unless there is a fundamental change away from physically interacting with technology.

The conversion rate is such that even if he were taxed 90%, he'd still be a minor slumlord, so I'm not losing sleep over it. I feel really bad for the dude, though, he had to send me his dox including a photocopy of his national ID card just to sell a calculator to some gringo fuck.

Attached: 1546991814020.png (416x364, 120K)

Why are they overpriced, though? Is there a trust between the companies and unis, just like what happens with textbooks?

youtube.com/watch?v=zoGl8-Wc-L0

phones can do that

Where my RPN chads @?
Let's laugh at formula input cucks.

>I can do it, therefore 8th graders should be able to do it too!
Quit while you're ahead, incel.

Phones are obsolete

I still use my voyage 200 today.

then why do you use a phone?

I've never had a phone or even an internet connection for that matter. Those things are all obsolete

People don't use calculators past age 12 in Europe, you know

You shouldn't be using one while you're cooking a kebab anyways

Calculations made easy! Bless the day I learned it.
>Just use your computer dude!
A calculator is way handier than a pc as you can easily bring it through different rooms/labs and do some quick calculations.

People shouldn't use calculator before the age of 12.

>get told that can use any helping measure to solve the test - cheatsheets, laptops, books, internet, whatever
>only thing is that no one is permitted to talk with other test takers in the room
>and no one is permitted to leave their seats other than to turn in their test
>test is 10 pages long and 45min to get it done
>googling all answers would be too slow to even finish one page
>can't ask other students for answers, since it takes maximum effort for even those who know this shit to get it done in time

>checkmate any cheaters

Attached: 1543889353971.jpg (465x493, 40K)