/spg/ - Smartphone General

Sony Xperia 1 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: xperia-1-purple-leaked-render.jpg (1130x847, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi8
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s
youtu.be/bXqTYv3Kmc0
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-3
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thoughts on xa2 ultra? Hands are gigantic

I love my OnePlus 6t I'm glad I bought it over the note 9 and it seems rooting it is super easy

Man, people making a huge deal out of the S10+ when I got "suckered" into buying a Note 9. Almost makes me feel like I'm buying Apple stuff, your months old phone is already obsolete. Damn Koreans.

You're retarded. The release dates are the same every year

Mi Max 3 for that 5500mah battery

Is there root for the Samsung S7E? And is it easy to root?

One the note 9 is not obsolete it's just not as new as the S10 and two the lastest and greatest mentality is a cancer on society

Guys can you recommend me a phone under $150? 3 of my nieces are living in literal poverty and they need a phone to use in college , when I mean poverty tier it means still using my hand me down s3 from 6 years ago with missing home button and and a shattered screen you can barely see through.

Is there a current gen xiaomi a2 spec and price tier phone with android one?

Moto X4 is on sale for $150 if you're in the US.

Just apply for an Obamaphone since I'm sure they're sucking down 7 other kinds of taxpayer funded welfare

Nah they haven't crossed the border yet.

Oh by the way , my brother's birthday is coming up , I'm planning on giving him a mix3 , anyone here has one? how is it?

What's the deal with Huawei phones? There are none on the recommended chinkphones pastebin, are there really none worth buying?

I need a phone with a HUGE battery decent camera and a headphone jack, I'm in australia but I might be going to malaysia soon

>sending your information to chingchong chinaman

>thinking it's possible to have internet privacy in 2019

>not living on a submarine

Attached: 1531664779367.jpg (540x583, 27K)

Pocophone, Redmi Note 5/6 Pro/7, Mi Max 3, Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1/M2

I make extensive use of the S-Pen stylus on my Note 4 but I feel it approaching the end of its run.

Should I just go for the Note 9 or wait for the Note 10? That on screen ultrasonic meme fingerprint sensor is really making me want to wait but I dunno.

Attached: note-4-2-e1409757110559.jpg (857x857, 277K)

The NSA have wire taps on the dolphins.

Need a recommendation
Metro PCS/ USA
350$(400 if its really worth it)
I use my phone for a lot of browsing and play some intensive games
Dont want a insanely large phone

My zte zmax is getting to old for this shit and I need a update

note 4 was the apex of the line. it's all downhill from there.

can you wait until november? I personally want a Note10 but my phone is shitting the bed now so I'm going to settle for the S10 (also I'm not sure how much I want a huge phone yet) I'll wait for 2021 to see how we're doing then.

Yeah, had to replace the battery but other than a few stutters here and there it's still manageable. Lasted 5 years, which is better than my Note 2 that straight up bricked after about 3.

If you can wait then wait. My personal philosophy is to wait until you don't like using your phone anymore and then wait until the next big release cycle and pick up something you like.

Mi Mix 2S or Mi8

I've held out way longer than I usually would. Just because I've been dragging my feet on getting a phone with a battery that isn't easily removable and also holding out for an onscreen fingerprint sensor. This is probably going to be the year.

I need a good FREE app to wirelessly move shit from my phone to PC and from PC to phone. I was using and loved Pushbullet but it fails to push stuff a lot lately and randomly so I'm looking to replace it for something else.

I tried Airdroid but it has a 200mb restriction and Join is paid. Airmore seems like it could be okay if I wanted to settle but I wanted something more like pushbullet that runs in the background instead of having me log in every time I wanted to transfer files.

I have an HTC10 and it was supposed to be near-impossible to replace the battery but I got it replaced just fine when it started getting shit at like 1.5 years in so yeah I guess you can't replace it yourself but just go to a reputable shop and they'll do it for you anyway.

frequency check is showing that the best ill get on metro is 2g

Don't use frequencycheck, it's often has wrong/missing frequencies for chinkphones.
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi8
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s

Based

Xiaomi new product launch stream from MWC is starting in just a few minutes:
youtu.be/bXqTYv3Kmc0

Thanks user

Anyone here have that funny comparison picture head injury and samsung s10 front camera? Some user posting it but i forgot to save it.

Looking for flagship phones with top performance that still have a jack and no notch or anything obstructing the screen.
Currently thinking about the note 9, any other good one?

also no chinese shit please

>any other good one?
No

Shattered my S7 edge screen at the gym a while ago, been using my S4 since. Wasnt planning on upgrading my S7 any time soon but now that its fucked and flashing white I figured I might keep buying into the Galaxy meme and preorder an S10.

The S10e would be an easy buy for me but the only corner cut that I really care about is the screen. Im sure the display is prolly better than either of my previous phones but its got a resolution just barely larger than my s4 and a worse pixel density than either. Is that something Im really going to care about once I have it?

Attached: 1548667100774.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

LG V35 could be worth a look.

>gets wet and breaks

Your point? How's it any different from any other non-water resistant phone?

If I want a removable battery, microsd support, and a headphone jack, is the only "good" option the LG V20 US996? I have a 64gb Nexus 6P that dies at 40% battery, and the 4 main CPU cores have broken solder balls or something so I had to disable them to stop the bootlooping. At this point I feel like almost anything would be an upgrade. I can get a V20 for $180-200 USD. I'm also open to suggestions, I haven't researched phones in a long time.

Attached: 71pXRW6JWCL._SY606_.jpg (453x606, 25K)

definitely note 9 if you don't mind the size

Nothing wrong with 1080p, 1440p is a gimmick.

that's kinda my point, its $400 for a not water resistant phone

>$400
It's closer to $200, how many other phones have water resistance at that price?
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-3

>If I want a removable battery, microsd support, and a headphone jack, is the only "good" option the LG V20 US996?
Yes

Can't wait for the Zenfone 6

Which is the best mini smartphone?

said no one ever

y not
>stock android
>flagship specs
>ebin battery
>cheap price
don't need anything else

Mi9 starts at 449€, pretty good

is it me, or is a 3300mah battery and a snapdragon 845 going to doom the nokia 9?

Oh fuck this looks nice, I loved my L1 because it was so thin and long but hated the rounded screen corners, this one looks perfect
>inb4 1k

"Ftp server"
on windows just open fie explorer and type in the address "ftp://192.168.1.X:YYYY"

I just would like to massively thank y'all
I hate making decisions, was in the shop yesterday and just used the pastebin to get Mi A2 Lite

THANKS! You made my life easier /spg/. Been messing around for a day, all set up to my liking (last smartphone was 3 years ago) and loving the android one and 4000 mAh

Is anyone using on-person detection no unlock required? Seems massively insecure but I don't trust pin codes or pattern locks either and it's a bit inconvenient when lying on the table on its back

I need help lads. I can't decide between the Galaxy S10 or Mi Mix 3 5G. I was set on the S10 until Xiaomi made it difficult today. Price isn't a issue lads thankfully a friend works in a phone store and can get me a good discount on contracts or even buying out right.

Going to replace my Nexus 4, here is what I want:
- perfect lineageOS support
- fingerprint reader
- Same size of Nexus 4 or a little bit bigger
- 200€ max
- waterproof if possible
- 16:9 screen with at least 1920x1080 resolution
- NFC
- headphone jack
- average battery at least

Only the Moto X4 seems to check everything but I can't find one under 200€ in my country (France).
I'm I fucked ?

Yes, buy a mi a2 lite

Oh and I forget the most important, I don't want a notch or a hole on my screen. Round corners are fine though.

There are custom ROMs as well. If you have the international variant, it's a breeze.

Redmi Note 5/6 with a custom ROM?

>At this point I feel like almost anything would be an upgrade
A phone that would most likely bootloop as well isn't an upgrade.

I don't want a notch and most important there is no official lineageOS for the mi a2 lite. There is also no NFC but I could live without it, only use it to connect to my speakers.

>Moto X4
German Amazon has it for 199€

>cheap price
Not quite, since their devices aren't available almost anywhere locally.

Waiting on a mi mix 2s, also planning on ordering a redmi note 7 and a redmi 7 when they get globals. Chinks for all.

Hide the notch then. It just makes that part black so it's a bar again. That phone is extremely good for the price, you don't normally get that battery size in a phone that small. NFC is very rarely in cheap phones, that's a flagship thing.

I got my Max Pro M1 for $157, 4/64gb.

Redmi Note 5. It doesn't have official Lineage OS support anymore, but has official support for almost every other ROM in existence. Not Nexus 4 size though.

lol that's a laundry list of demands
make your own goddamn phone LOL
fucking entitled imbeciles. Just buy an XZ1 and live with it

My big heavy ass iPhone 7 Plus just broke.
What’s a decent small phone. Doesn’t have to be iPhone

Galaxy s10e

Oh nice, I will check if i can order it for France, the black model is 193€.
You are right, I can also hide the notch so the notch is not a problem. Sadly there is no good lineageOS at this moment, maybe it will be correctly supported in some months.
Way too big for my small hands.
Theses things where standard some years ago (except fingerprint scanner).

You think so? I thought LG cleaned up their act after the G5. Also would't most of the lemons be dead by now anyways?

Any thoughts on the moto g7 series? Kinda wanting to get the g7 plus. Only downside I've heard of is no nfc but thats only minor for me.

overpriced trash.

wait on note10. The note9 has a smaller battery than the s10+ right now and the note10 should have an even bigger battery.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/

The Note 9 is perfectly fine. I bought it after six months in order to get a good deal and it is worth it.

The new releases are just bells and whistles we don't need.

>fucking Mix 3 with a bigger battery
How can one company be so based? This is as near to my ideal phone as it gets.

Not at all, the screen is miles ahead of s7. Just go to any shop to compare. Screens have improved so much, it is a complete overkill for phones. I have an s8+ and the screen is better than my monitor.

S10 has a better screen and camera and also has a 3mm jack, microsd slot, on-screen fingerprint sensor, more internal memory, and be available in March vs May. I prefer One UI to MIUI 10 but that's personal preference. The Mix3 5G is going to have 5G, no hole punch, a cool slider that'll be fun to fiddle with, and be way cheaper. What do you prefer?

The mix also has a larger battery, faster charging, better build quality and will be more customizable, which might be a plus depending on your preferences.

I say build quality is subjective but yeah you're right about the other stuff.

How big is the battery?
I was planning on getting a Mix 3 but I might hold out for a 5g version even if I will get no use for it here in Aus probably.
What differences does the 5G have from the normal Mix 3?

>Better build quality then an S10
I REALLY like the Mix, but how bad did Samsung fuck up to have a normal slap phone with less durability then a phone with moving parts?

3800 mAh, SD 855 instead of the 845, hence the 5G. Probably no other hardware changes, though it doesn't really need anything more.

And its like $100 more expensive right?

poster was probably referring to the ceramic back vs the glass back the s10 has

This and the flat screen. Samsung still has great build quality, but just like them, Xiaomi didn't cheap out on the internal build like they used to and then went the extra mile with the exterior.

Get the Xperia XZ1C, no LineageOS support but Paranoid Android support which is way better

Screen is 720p but really great and still sharp at that 4"7 inch size

I wouldn't call that build quality, they just used more """premium""" materials that are naturally fragile. Curved glass on both sides won't survive 10ft drops to the concrete.

>tfw upgrading from Nexus 5X to Galaxy S9

Attached: 1550294302396.jpg (600x529, 54K)

Doesn't change that ceramic is more scratch resistant, with no added disadvantages. I agree both fare horrible on impacts compared to the good old plastic.

Never held ceramic back in my hand but if it has the same feel as glass but less prone to cracking that definitely sounds nice.
Though I might be done with curved screens, I have a piece of my S8 screen literally fall out after a 3ft fall from my lap.

Guess I can't put off buying a new phone much longer. Unbearable.
Moto G 2nd gen

Attached: Screenshot_20190224-084112.png (720x1280, 54K)

Where?