Is there any reason to use Ublock Origin when you already have Umatrix in use...

Is there any reason to use Ublock Origin when you already have Umatrix in use? Or can I just remove Ublock Origin from my browser?

Attached: ublock origin.png (1200x1200, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum
greasyfork.org/pt-BR/scripts/11057-block-youtube-users
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

You can block individual elements

I thought that Umatrix also did this?

Privacy Badger ftw

Attached: 1520287422641.jpg (640x400, 38K)

if you like to tinker with every single site like an autistic, to make it work...

let's say you wanted to block the recommended videos sidepanel on youtube because it's all clickbait trash, you can do that with ublock origin, not with umatrix

uBlock Origin offers more fine-tuned blocking and cosmetic filters. Basically you can achieve the same results with uBlock Origin as with uMatrix, but not the other way around.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to mess with ublock to get a site working

*privacy possum

this

they're more likely referring to umatrix

I trust EFF

Blocking 1st party and embedded ads, especially by default. Try search for something on Qwant/Duck/Google. uMatrix doesn't block the ads there. That's the first difference you'll notice.

me too. the guy that develops possum previously worked for the EFF. See the readme.
github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum

I like the changes they've made so far so I'm sticking with possum for now.

Thx user

>Privacy Badger ftw
That shit breaks 4ChanX's No-JS Captcha. Fuck it.

works for me

Is there any reason to use uMatrix (or script blocking in general) if I'm already blocking ads and trackers? I know script blocking will block unknown trackers as well, but surely 99% of them are already in the ad/tracker filter lists anyway? Script blocking is a huge pain in the arse and I've realised that I basically just auto-enable scripts on every page that I go to because it ends up being completely broken, so it's just making me jump through hoops every time I load a page. What do? Does it really help anything?

Some sites load considerably faster without all that crap in the background. It takes some time getting used to, but after a while you know what to look out for to make sure a site works as intended.

UO has more ways to block stuff, and it has umatrix built in.

I block all scripts globally with umatrix. Don't really need js to read news articles for example and the page loads way faster. Obviously sometimes you'll have to unblock some domains to get images or videos loaded (most of the time its just a cdn domain). Even for sites where you have to enable 90% of the scripts for it to work, once you save the rule set you can forget about it. If you're in a rush you can just enable everything. Not much of a hassle imo.

>let's say you wanted to block the recommended videos sidepanel on youtube because it's all clickbait trash,
greasyfork.org/pt-BR/scripts/11057-block-youtube-users

>needing an additional script when ublock has it built in

grande idiota

wolly detected

wtf is a wolly?

>Jovial term for someone who says or does something silly
>Someone who adds 2 and 2 and gets 5. "What a wolly"

ahh ok ty. thought it was some new zoomer meme

uMatrix gives you fine control over what elements are loaded from what domains. You still want to keep uBO, but uMatrix has its own merits even when combined with uBO. If you don't want/need this control, I suppose you can go without. Use uBO in medium or hard mode; together with your own personal filters you add to it is enough for most things.