Why is Windows 10 so terrible? Are we in the timeline where companies are too big for their own good...

Why is Windows 10 so terrible? Are we in the timeline where companies are too big for their own good? How does a company have a perfectly functional system with light bloat(Windows 7) and go to having 7 types of right click menus? And two control panel stations? And two different file explorer UI's? Producing these mismatched features and things that don't seem coherently organized? Hyper bloating up programs with very simple functions in order to shave off microseconds of benchmark speeds in order to advertise a faster browser/program? A photo viewer that crashes or fails to load images sometimes(what the fuck???) These developers really develop these things in closed fucking rooms and don't realize that if every program is straining the system, then everyone's programs are gonna slow the fuck down. In 2013 you would see videos at 720p, ads, the same flashy websites/articles with extra styling and bullshit that might slow you down a bit. But it would never ever take up 2gb of memory. Nowhere near that. Like maybe 150mb ~ 200mb. Gaming programs were the only thing that could come close to needing so much memory.

>tl;dr
windows sucks and we need a new company to outdevelop them already

Attached: 7a9ba8c77ec335104c8fddbba363a235.jpg (474x692, 41K)

install gentoo

useless, what normie wants to type anything into a "kernel" or a "shell"

windows 7 is so easy to debloat. running on a pcie drive everything loads instantly

I started using Ubuntu. It feels a lot lighter, more responsive, but I'm concerned about software compatibility. Does anyone know if Wine can get around issues such as AMD hardware notnworkin in DaVinci Resolve for Linux? If I'm running it in Wine will it trick it into thinking it's Windows? Also can gaymes work in Wine without too much slowdown?

yeah, that's the point. you're literally running the windows version. there's usually a little slowdown in games, often (but not always) insignificant. that said, some games will run horrifically, some games will have fundamental things like audio break completely, and some games just won't run at all.

You take a huge team of shit coders and tell them they would never need to ship a final product so just do whatever.

>Just get faster hardware
That's not how you de-bloat, user

My windows legit just killed it self for no reason, now its stuck at resetting this pc 89%
It embrassing how shit Windows is, I also wish for a new company to come and outdevelop them.

Ironically it's people with rose tinted glasses who lead to all these problems by insisting w10 be the same as w7.

In a version or 2 they will remove all that dead weight and we will be in the true w10 environment.

i'm starting to work in a certain company and they use windows on lenovo desktops. there is literally zero reasons to use windows since the job is done in the web browser. windows 10 uses 2 gigs just to idle. after 2 years on linux this was mindboggling to me.

Attached: lainbackstare.jpg (500x382, 29K)

Don't be a smart ass and you'll be set boyo.

/thread

If i had millions I'd hire a tonne of developers to work on a fork of FreeBSD.

*BSD is the rightful heir to the Desktop throne.

Attached: 1498960358657.jpg (1747x1080, 205K)

>windows 7
>light bloat
Kill yoursel faggot zoomer. Everything after XP is bloated garbage trash.

fpbp

>without too much slowdown
If you experience any slowdown it is your (crappy hardware) or the devs (terrible programming) fault.

Every Windows game that I ran under wine and that actually works has at least 60fps

It's almost as if everything scales with the evolution of cheaper faster hardware. Wild.

It doesn't matter how much RAM something uses unless you're maxed on RAM.

Seems like half your complaint is about native windows apps, which seems odd to me, since... Who uses them? Picture viewer maybe, never browser, never media players.. is it too difficult for you to go online and find something?

>me cleaning my room
>accidentally pull it out of the power socket
>turn it on again, log in
>explorer is crashing nonstop
>uninstall video driver, restart it
>fixed it, but not really
>driver installs itself, explorer doesn't crash
>Photoshop doesn't recognize the driver, Retroarch doesn't open, games working fine
>using the search and control panel crashes the explorer again
>download an older driver, uninstall the one that installed automatically
>restart again, install the older one
>everything works but the search and the control panel
>if the computer restarts for any reason, explorer crashes again

Fuck that semen slurping "system"

Attached: 1543872053930.gif (540x304, 1.34M)

This is whan you get for not having UPS.

>companies are too big for their own good
>their own good
Microsoft is doing just fine. You're the one who's mad about it.