Ryzen 3000 Speculation. Will it catch up to Skylake?

If Zen 2 doesn't catch up to the 6700K in gaming, AMD can kiss my ass and I'm selling my AM4 motherboard and jumping ship back to Intel and never buying an AMD product again. The 1600 I have overclocked to 4GHz paired with CL14 3200MHz Samsung B-die RAM is bottlenecking the fuck out of my 1080 Ti. It's amazing how poorly Ryzen performs yet all you hear from Jow Forums is "INTEL BTFO".

Ryzen is not as good as the shills say. Shouldn't have fell for this meme but the AMDrones kept saying Ryzen was competitive. If you're on the fence currently, save yourself the agony and go with the 9700K or 9900K. It will cost a little bit more up front but in the long term, you'll actually save money because you won't have to upgrade and you won't have to spend extra on expensive RAM.

Attached: amd_zen.jpg (640x500, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXO1igmvQRI
anandtech.com/bench/product/2413?vs=2125
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZRjoeyz4Z0
agner.org/optimize/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Catch up to Skylake? Maybe. Zen and Zen+ are on par with first gen Nehalem. AMD would be lucky if Zen 2 performs on par with Skylake. Intel hasn't had much of an improvement since Skylake, so if AMD can catch up to Skylake, that would be good. The success of Zen 2 is all on TSMC's shoulders. 7nm should be the last big jump we see in a while.

Attached: image.jpg (552x661, 65K)

Yes I agree go with the 9900k. I got one and its pretty good
does anybody else smell burning?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

amd is near or on par with haswell clock for clock and that's sans the security patches.
where amd is behind is clock speed, but considering the node they are going to does 5.3~ (fab tests of the node at acceptable levels, so we know its had high potential for getting in or around that range, possibly on boost alone without an oc, with an oc hard to say where the majority will land) there goes intels clock advantage they use to have, with the patches fucking with their overall ipc, there goes the few % faster they may have been, amd posted numbers for their cache speed, and there goes intels advantage there, inside amd's cpu they already process 5 things a clock opposed to intel's 4, so getting everything dragging amd back will only make this far more obvious. amd is putting in full 256bit fpu rather then a split 128bit so there goes more of intels advantage.

there is a rumor with this that the infinity fabric got decoupled from ram, and if that's the case, hello an extra 10-20% increase in speed just from that, considering the benchmarks where you see amd preformaning proportionally better with faster ram due to the faster ram also allowing the cpu to talk to itself faster internally.

more or less what the 3000 is looking to be is what everyone has been saying for quite a while, 14/12nm zen is a preview, 7nm zen is going to be the big show, not only internally, but also processes wise, because 7nm is more or less feature compatible with 14 and what intel's 10nm are, so there is no 'intel moves to new process, gets a boost on that alone' this is pure silicon vs silicon who is better, and intel has lost this battle so many times, by so many people, and they are unable to pull the same bullshit this time around.

>muh GAEMS

>muh boring ultra serious life
I can just imagine what you faggots would be like to be around

bought intel.
got an extra 4fps for an extra $700

Keep telling yourself that. Cope, AMDrone. The 2600X is on par with the i7-990X.

Attached: 1488479465293.png (882x758, 316K)

How is the 2700x vs 8700k?

Wait was that image from about a month ago with all of the specs on it fake?

The 8700K smokes it, even in multithreaded workloads.

is this a cope thread cause gdc is coming soon?

AMD will never be able to do 5Ghz

AMD doesn't even have their own fabs you mega brainlet.

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

Why does this debate persist? Are you a faggot who needs a gorillion FPS in gaymes? Go Intel. Are you a faggot who doesn't? Buy AMD then. You can be a faggot in either scenario, it's just a CPU and nobody else gives a shit what you pick.

When in doubt, go Intel. Intel won't ever let you down. Intel is god tier.

Attached: 2n7i13k.png (1197x565, 485K)

threadripper

Except it doesn't. The only thing the 8700K is better at than the 2700X is
>muh games
The 2700X wins everywhere else.

Even there, with memory optimization which Ryzen benefits more from than the Core i7 does, the 8700K wins by a few %.

Attached: nigger.png (1165x514, 61K)

Nice retro Win7 build you have there. Period-accurate 2008-2009 hardware to boot!

Don't spectre and meltdown migrations destroy these cpu tho?

TFW Windows 7 builds are now considered retro :/
No, Intel is god tier. Intel just works.

Yes. They destroy the performance of all the processors affected from AMD and Intel. Software mitigations simply don't work and the performance hit isn't worth it.

>spectre and meltdown migrations.
Fucking hardware vulnerabilities. Coming into my country. Don't even speak the fucking language. Taking all the hard working American vulnerabilities.

We need to build a wall. That'll stop the vulnerabilities migrating.

Please stop lying for a faceless corporation. The 8700K at 5GHz destroys the 2700X in multithreaded workloads. This is known fact.

link?

You want me to go search for the link to prove known fact? I don't remember which video it was. Why is it so hard to believe that a 6 core 12 thread 5GHz 8700K can outperform a 8 core 16 thread 4.2GHz 2700X?

I wonder how cool will be next gen APUs.

Attached: 15506516755860.jpg (960x640, 127K)

You're the one stating facts. The onus is on you to provide the evidence to backup your statement. That's how it works. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass.

They both look so unhappy

You're a retarded AMDrone who is defending the shitty 2700X. The 8700K at 5GHz beats the 2700X at 4.2GHz in cinebench. If you do not accept facts, that's your problem. I forgot which video showed the benchmarks where the 8700K was smoking the 2700X.

>the only source of joy I can think of is vidya
and you are calling others boring?

I've no dog in the fight since I'm still on a 4790k. But if you're making claims, onus probandi.

You keep talking about facts and yet have provided no evidence to back up your alleged facts.

I'm not going to go digging for video proof of well known facts. Fuck off and cope, AMDrones.

>well known facts
>still doesn't provide the evidence of the facts
WEW LAD.

I play a vidya mabye once a month for a week, i just dont get why its the worlds most shit on hobby

I can't remember one single benchmark where Intel wins for multithreaded workloads. Please provide facts instead of acting like a preteen shit.

Intel's hyperthreading is also an inferior solution to that of AMD and IBM, so even without the patches, a single extra Intel thread is less of an uplift than an extra thread from AMD. On top of it, the 2700x has 30% more threads. So it isn't as obvious as you think, friend. You have to source it, appealing to common sense is one of the shittiest and most obvious fallacies. Dont ruin your own credibility, you shouldn't have issues finding the benchmark if you're right

Intel and AMD both have SMT2. The only difference is Intel calls there's hyper threading and AMD calls there's Turbo. Bulldozer was only a partial implementation of SMT. While Zen is SMT2. Intel has SMT4 on Xeon Phis. But everything else is SMT2.

IBM Power 9 can do SMT2, 4 and 8 on the fly depending on workload.

I am not your servant you low IQ subhuman. If you're so interested, go look at benchmarks and you'll find it.
The 8700K's clockspeed advantage makes it pull ahead of the 2700X in multithreaded workloads. The extra clockspeed outweighs the two extra cores. The 2700X has no advantage over the 8700K.

>If you're so interested, go look at benchmarks and you'll find it.
>I have no evidence to back up my claims.

>I am not your servant you low IQ subhuman. If you're so interested, go look at benchmarks and you'll find it.
Incapable of providing proof for the claims he's making, our protagonist resorts to ad hominems.

The 2700x is a bottleneck when as you go over RTX 2060 lvls of performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=lXO1igmvQRI

>Zen and Zen+ are on par with first gen Nehalem.
literally wat
anandtech.com/bench/product/2413?vs=2125
Not sure what you're talking about but 2700X wins against a 8700K in multi-threaded loads. Intel has a shit ST to MT ratio, it's not like it's a secret or anything.

Yeah, I know IBM and a few Xeons had 4 way SMT. Also the first time I heard AMD calling their tech "Turbo." Nevertheless we're not comparing Xeon to Bulldozer, but the 8700k to the 2700x. And you're assuming that because it's based on the same tech, and has the same name, the implementation is exactly the same

>The extra clockspeed outweighs the two extra cores.
You do realized that it's only a random anonymous in a heavily shilled board saying that until you actually post the source people have been asking of you for almost an hour, right? You could have BTFO anyone that said the 2700x is better at 8700k long ago but you're choosing not to

Attached: 3dpm1.png (957x622, 13K)

What Zen 2 needs most is TSX support so you can emulate PS3 games at a playable speed.

INTEL SHILLS BTFO
>inb4 and shill on a 2600k and 1070 to

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZRjoeyz4Z0

What resolution?

I don't remember the video that showed the benchmarks where the 5GHz 8700K was outperforming the 2700X. Not going to go searching for it for a nigger on Jow Forums.
Get cancer you nigger.

>20% more frequency is better than 33% more threads (not even starting on AMD's slight SMT advantage vs HT) in true multithreaded workloads
brainlet

>5GHz 8700K
Might as well burn the house down at that point.

Zen+ is already on par with Skylake at the same frequency.
And Zen 1 is a good chunk behind Zen+
Zen 2 with an ES 65W part already beat a 9900k in multicore.
It's going to be gud.

t. Radeon user

>ironic shilling is still shilling
And no, don't pretend that you were retarded all along.

Attached: Untitled.png (600x665, 371K)

Attached: it's okey.png (1263x459, 50K)

How is it bottlenecking? The 1600 was a mid-tier offering from AMD anyway. You have less cache and 2 less cores than the Ryzen 7 line. Overclocking doesn't fix what physically isn't there. You sound like you might be retarded and don't actually understand how computers work.

>Pairing a budget cpu with a top of the line gpu
moron

Attached: yikes.jpg (1646x1242, 1.58M)

I really hope this is a bunch of trolls and not a cancerous brainlet

shit b8, amd is already within margin of error of coffee lake and the only parts that can stand against them are 8700k and 9900k, everything else is castrated worthless garbage. Any non-K part has no reason to exist or be bought anymore

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

Still harder pranjeesh, your dying company needs your support.

Attached: 1532756867725.jpg (988x854, 164K)

but somehow amd manages to be btfo'd by a stock 4790k in gaymes.

Attached: intel-i7-9700K-f1-2018-1080p.png (981x855, 126K)

And yet Intel is still shit. That 1% must be really worth eating all the shit from a pozzed architecture.

Attached: 1534605627581.png (764x649, 258K)

Given that Intel has superior single threaded performance, in particularly with higher clocks, and the 4790k has a higher turbo (4.4 on at least 2 cores, with 4.3 and 4.2 on the other 2 cores) than the 2700, I don't know why you think that outcome is all that surprising.

I own a 4790k clocked at 4.8GHz across all four cores and it'll smoke most things in single threaded performance and will even keep up with current gen chips with a turbo boost to a similar speed. Where it fails is that it's multithreaded performance is absolutely fucking abysmal.

Reminder no matter how bad Zen 2 will be it will still outsell Intel.

ryzen 3 would be perfect if it came with tsx and if amd fixed the 4.2ghz ceiling

>amd fixed the node limits
thats not how it works user, 7nm target frequency is 5GHz though

based

>paired 2080ti with 1080p
>all 144+ fps anyway
who cares when its just not realistic anymore

>amd is the best! they manage to outcompete intel's 4c/8t cpus with 8c/16t !!!!
>INTELBTFO!!!

Attached: intel-i7-9700k-fc5-1440p_1.png (892x881, 111K)

Intel doesn't care about desktop CPUs, instead of flooding the market with 9th gen CPUs all they do is release stripped down versions of 9th gen CPUs. The prices for the 9900k and 9700k are still ridiculous and its not going down anytime soon.

AMD has a complete monopoly of the CPU market for 6+ months now and Sunny Cove will be a paper launch for Q4 this year. Yet Intel has posted their highest earnings in the past year and past quarter meaning they can ignore the desktop space for a while.

hello there fellow gamer i too like to play my games like i run my benchmarks, on a fresh windows install with literally nothing running in the background

Attached: Gv_VP4-_oNb6hdrpi5_NocDB0prQc07XCpLy6KxNSn8.jpg (888x499, 114K)

30fps ~33ms frametime
60fps ~16ms
120fps ~8ms
300fps ~3ms
500fps ~2ms
fps is non-linear, misleading and retarded.
keep coping though, shintell
>M-MUH GAEMS
>REEEEE
also this, dont forget to block the spectre and meltdown updates!

Attached: intel-no-sales-pajeet-chink.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

ITT user has no idea what IPC really is, that IPC is not static and how that different architectures require different performance tuning.

Go read Agner Fog's technical documents to educate yourself on the subject matter. agner.org/optimize/

Honestly there are a lot of people who do treat their computers like gaming consoles and only run one or two programs at a time. For those people Intel is probably genuinely the better option.

Attached: 1467833299682.jpg (245x337, 97K)

>biggest markets India and China have Intel at the top of the chart
>intel-no-sales
ok amdrone

>fps is non-linear
So fucking what, it still takes 2x computing power to render 2x frames per second, cope harder.

>p-please intel overlord give me my 1ms difference for $500

>buying Intel
I can't believe how retarded you are.

do you not see the problem? Amd's ryzen has better cache latency across the board but still falls short in real world performance. Their chips literally aren't as performant as Intel's

It literally doesn't matter. At more demanding applications it will be 30fps vs 15fps, I'm curious how are you going to defend this.

"Gamers" getting memed into believing moar cores is the new hot thing for gaming performance is the most hilarious thing to happen in the last few years. How anyone still believes this shit is beyond me.

>what is unoptimized game
>what is a gpu bottleneck
Im out of this intel marketing thread though

Amazing, you didn't even try defending it.

>only run one or two programs at a time
The true intel experience, close everything else just so that your game doesn't stutter because of your 4 pozzed cores.

AMD is leading the way and Intel has to follow suit on the moar coars and the MCM """memes""", there's nothing they can do about it except bribes and lies.

The anniversary pentium is the only cpu you ever need. Look how well it runs GTA V!

AMD has to COPE in order to compete somewhere

In CPUs they use moar corez

In GPUs they are now using VRAM

>there's nothing they can do
>6-core Intels designed in 1.5 years destroying 8-core AMDs designed in 10 years
(lol

Based China the world's largest retail market.

Ryzen is literally bulldozer 2.0; server chips that are rebranded as gaming capable

And yet nobody buys Intel.

>dat one gaem that runs on 2.5 cores and uses AVX

Also nonexistent "$250 Pooga 56"

>Ryzen can't handle a tiny game

Except that EPYC actually found itseay in servers, unlike the Bulldozer based Opterons. By End 2016 AMD had like 0.1% market share in the server segment.

>can't handle
>clearly delivers more than enough FPS

*crashes everything*

Attached: 1539980036377.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

>and still slower than a 5 year old cpu

9900k was a colossal flop