Anyone else unimpressed with this foldable phone gimmick? I would like smaller phones with higher resolution screens...

Anyone else unimpressed with this foldable phone gimmick? I would like smaller phones with higher resolution screens, not these fucking snowboards that don't fit the pocket and always tear my jeans, fucking piece of shit. 5 inch full HD screen is all I want.

Attached: meh.jpg (970x545, 38K)

I actually thought the presentation for the new samsung fold was pretty cool. Of course I'd never use one over a regular smartphone.. I'd still like to fuck around with one for a few minutes and be done with it.

>I'd still like to fuck around with one for a few minutes and be done with it.
well yeah, my thoughts exactly. that's what you do with a gimmick. you fuck around for a couple of minutes and forget about it. what irks me is this new trend of making phones bigger and bigger. i don't like to carry my phone in my backpack. i put it in my pocket and the shitty phone just tears my jeans apart after some time. it's like a fucking conspiracy theory that phone makers are in business deals with jeans makers or something. you don't stick a tablet in your pocket, what happened with 4 inch and 5 inch screens that don't suck? is apple the only one that makes them? but apple phones suck completely, i don't want those

how long do you think until the first "powerusers" get ugly creases inside the display or even malfunctioning because of the bending all the time? I doubt it will take long until the first "foldgate" unfolds

buy some quality jeans you poor mongoloid

It's a step on the road, but probably not something I would have released beyond a marketing blurb of what's coming down the pipeline.

Both of these things reek of rush to market and neither looks ready for prime time.

samsung's version would easily fit in pockets

It just goes to show how stagnant the phone industry is, laptops back in the day had some stupid gimmicks too after the norm was established. Eventually the meme will die and they'll go back to the same old. There's not much left to change in phones

>what happened with 4 inch and 5 inch screens that don't suck?
But they do suck objectively in typing situations compared to devices with bigger displays. And it's not so much about the phones getting bigger, it's about screen to body ratios increasing. Not every 5"+ display phone is the same size as the Mi Max devices.

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact was the last good smartPHONE. I got my hands on one (new) thanks to my brother (who lives in Denmark), but they're becoming increasingly rare, since the phone itself released in 2017. And I think Apple themselves are at least trying to go big, so you're really out of luck right now, user.

Give me a break. A 5.5 inch (or bigger) phone is going to be unwieldy no matter what. It it has big bezels it's unusable thanks to the size, and if it doesn't have any it's even worse because you'll either constantly press on the edge and activate stuff unintentionally or have 0 grip and drop it. Modern phones simply SUCK. BTW, typing and even gaming can be done without issue, even if it isn't QUITE as easy. I played PUBG on my Sony to test it and it played great

T. Xiaomi Mi A1 user that will soon switch to a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

>A 5.5 inch (or bigger) phone is going to be unwieldy no matter what.
Have you actually tried using any? It doesn't seem like it. Full screen gestures only make them even easier to use.

Why do normies suddenly want smaller phones? If people wanted smaller phones then why have they been buying the larger and larger models over the past several years. Do people realize how much smaller the original Galaxy S was?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (600x301, 34K)

Huawei's approach is kind of better when it comes to actually using since it doesnt have that ugly small display with huge bezels on the outside but then you have to put it in your pocket folded and I think thats very likely to damage the display.

>Why do normies suddenly want smaller phones?
Because they've spent the last 3-4 years dropping the shit out of their huge unwieldy phones. They're inferior and nothing you can do on a cellphone needs a massive HD display

I think that because it is only the first gen is gonna be bad but the next gens will be lit

>why have they been buying the larger and larger models

Because they literally don't manufacture smaller phones anymore. How many phones today are less than 140mm height with good or semi good specs? It's literally only Sony XZ1 compact and XZ2 compact and neither of these are good choices.

>5 inch full HD
????¿?¿??¿

We have had this for a decade.

>But they do suck objectively in typing situations compared to devices with bigger displays
blackberry key2 doesn't have this problem

Attached: !!!!!.jpg (1600x1521, 335K)

I wish it folded the other way, so you could have a full-screen keyboard on one side and use it like a mini laptop.

It's not a conspiracy. These things fit in purses just fine. And bigger screens are better for social media, which is most of what the average normie uses these things for. It also makes it easier to cram in all the fucking RAM you need to run the latest bloatdroid. Also big numbers is more which is better according to primitive resource hoarding instincts.
Do normies actually want small phones now? I haven't heard much discussion about that anywhere but here.

>Xiaomi Mi A1
>Screen size: 5.5 inch
READ, brainlet. Do I really have to give you the GSMArena link? I've used it for the last year and one-handed use SUCKSSSS...It's good for watching videos and some gaming...but the XZ1C (4.6 inches) is equally good and MUCH EASIER TO USE ONE-HANDED.
Ease of us (particularly one-handed)
>Sony XZ1 compact and XZ2 compact and neither of these are good choices
The XZ2C I can understand, but why the XZ1C as well? PLS elab...
Sadly...not really. Most normies don't know what they want. If breathing wouldn't be a reflex I'm pretty sure most of them would die simply by forgetting to do so.

I'm a normie and there is a sizable part of the population that wants phones that fit in their hand nicely.

Bigger screens make sense for people that basically use their phones for everything, like a laptop. This works well for people that don't have wifi or laptops at home.

However, most normies ("middle-class") have wifi and laptops to use for everyday situations. They use their phone for low level things like texting, some social media and reading the news. Anything else, like streaming they use their laptop for.

also this