Other urls found in this thread:

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
timecube.2enp.com/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/capitalism.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/capitalismcancer.html
ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-multixul/x-multixul-pdf.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to dig deep in your sissy ass.

I miss firefox 3

Attached: True.Detective.S03E01.720p.WEB.H264-METCON.mkv_snapshot_10.58_[2019.01.17_01.04.13].jpg (1280x720, 273K)

>neocities

What can you do? You need either a Chrome based browser or a Mozilla based browser for uMatrix + uBlock Origin.

>In Invisible War, one of the main characters even cried when you told her that the WTO and The Order were two faces of the same organization.
>I hope you won't cry when I tell you the same.
>Except in this world, it goes much further. All the "competition" between the corporations is FAKE.
>Like left vs right, black vs white, woman vs man, Mozilla vs Google - all manufactured so that you're fighting useless wars while The Hydra uses its many heads to accomplish its aim of controlling the world.
Yeah, I'm not wasting my time reading all of this after such a summary.

Neocities is based
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
just because you don't agree with one of his philosophies doesn't mean the information he provides is wrong or unimportant

What about a browser with blocking functionality integrated?
Asking too much i guess
Manufactured opposition is real thou

You could go to one of those browsers that is text only and have a hardened Icecat for when you need to anything that requires more than text

The guy seems unhinged. There are some valid points in the essay but nobody sane will be reading through that lol.

I'm gonna leave this here timecube.2enp.com/
opinions?

Attached: TimeCube_com_newpicture_EarthCube.jpg (390x390, 24K)

I get what you mean people won't invest time in doing research and that's why they are easily manipulated and we can't have anything good
Timecube is based

Except that's not what I mean. Presentation matters and nobody is going to waste their time on paragraphs of what read like someone schitzo's shower thoughts. Be concise, don't force emotionally charged text down the throats of the reader and focus on facts.
I've seen more readable posts from Terry tbf.

what is reader mode?

I'm talking about the content you doofus.

If it wasn't for the reader functionality I wouldn't have made it past the first few paragraphs. The align center is obnoxious as fuck and lazy.

Time to fetch that tinfoil hat eh?

Sure, i see the sun 4 times at noon, and 4 moons per day, sure thing kid

Integrated ad-blocking is a plus when it comes to smaller browsers, but the efficiency varies greatly between browsers and I don't think any of those integrated blockers comes close to the functionality of uBlock Origin + uMatrix.

get it from ftp.mozilla.org

That's an epic website, did you make it.

Attached: shag.png (580x748, 787K)

This guy is a literal idiot. What he calls botnet is telemetry. People cry at Mozilla for not focusing on features that people want but also cry at telemetry. A company shall deduce magically what users want right?

Also him putting anything not based on Gecko even higher than botnet tier (including ungoogled chromium) proves he has no clue how privacy works. By using anything that isn't tor or Firefox google can easily see every link you ever click and will instantly know who it was due to fingerprinting.

Based

>Not using the mitigation guide given by neocities

>neocites
I've read enough of their website to know they're full of shit.

I didn't write this, just sharing
The best way to get feedback is by asking directly the users or by making forks with different features and let people test it.
Do you know what neocities is?

All conspiracies aside, I think it's kind of ironic that firefox these days uses more RAM and CPU than Chromium. Firefox users really like to clarify that it actually uses less ram when you have a shit ton of tabs open as if that matters for non autistic users who only have a few of them open at a time.

Also, as an unrelated note, do any of you like the new tab animation on the latest nightly? the previous animation style was super choppy on my toaster but the new one is super smooth and is also faster so that's cool.

I unironically kind of want to make a neocities website now.

neocities is the hoster.
fucking zoomers i swear.

Based pre-schizo site.

>All conspiracies aside, I think it's kind of ironic that firefox these days uses more RAM and CPU than Chromium.

Ain't this the truth, especially when watchiing HD streams. And the animation seems pretty slick, but I'd really prefer if they updated their UI or gave the option to customize the tab look.

This FUD campaigner didn't even buy his own domain name? That makes it worse.

You're talking about Nightly 67.0a1?
If there is a difference i can't really see it...
Even funnier that you actually could change the tab appearance before a certain version and they removed it

i mean with extensions of course

you have to enable it on about:config
>browser.tabs.newanimations

>digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
Oh god its this shit again
Let me tell you kiddo, whoever wrote that shit is totally unqualified to pick apart documents of that nature. The article is written by an illiterate 15 year old with a diploma in onanism.

I have e very simple solution
IF YOU DON'T LIKE FIREFOX USE SOMETHING ELSE

I am well aware of what Mozilla are doing
I am also well aware that I dont give a rats ass
because I am free to use another browser.
If I cannot use adblockers and script blockers on firefox and chrome I will use a different browser.

I dont need some 1337 h4xz0r larping 15 yr old kid telling me what I already know

Fag

hey stop calling me a faggot
I'm a faguette

theres the tranny that codes in rust lul

As much as I hate Mozilla, Google and Apple are still worse, and until someone writes a new browser engine and deprecates w3c Firefox + ghacks userjs + uBo + Decentraleyes will be the patrician choice

> in b4 Brave/Vivaldi/Opera/
Chrome skins with gimped uBlock support and added botnet

> in b4 Ungoogled Chromium
An acceptable choice if you must use a Chromium based browser

> in b4 uzbl/qutebrowser/falkon/surf
Autism with shit extension support

> in b4 icecat
Better than stock Firefox but you still need the ghacks userjs, equivalent with, and you need to replace Stallman's autism extensions with proper ones.

not bad the new animation
this is not only about firefox, this is about using privacy as marketing to manipulate brainlets that think they are 2000 IQ like you, mozilla are not the only one that do this

Now tell.me how many people will legitimately take part in a survey for new feature and then test it.

Chrome canary is used by 0.0001% of people according to Google and we can safely assume 99% of them are devs. Now imagine how many people would fill such a survey and even test the new functionality?

People need to stick to reality not their wishes.

If you have telemetry you have 500 million people giving you insight into what to focus development and money on and then around 100 million testing the new features.

If you have surveys you have a thousand total and then only 500 total testing it.
What sounds more reasonable very hard question right?

>Better than stock Firefox but you still need the ghacks userjs, equivalent with, and you need to replace Stallman's autism extensions with proper ones.
You don't anymore, new version has taken care of that.

>free to use another browser

You say that like there are plenty of freedom-respecting alternatives. Isnt it really just a choice between
Ungoogled chromium
Modified Firefox via addons/about:config
le Brave
Icecat
???

None of the above are off the shelf working products that respect privacy. All of them are either imperfect or too onerous for normies to deal with.

Imagine parsing 500 million people worth of data and getting out actual useful result for new features this is exactly why big corporations make shit decisions, yeah ask 1000 people(if they took they're time to respond they care about the project) and you get more useful data

Use GNU Icecat

Vivaldi has no added botnet. Their analytics platform, Matomo, is open-source and it only gets stored on Vivaldi servers for the purpose of information on the user count and their specs. It's a great alternative to Google Analytics and similar platforms with emphasis on telemetry.

Vivaldi does has a few issues on the privacy aspect, but it's a stretch to say it has "added botnet".

dont care about normies
I prefer it when they use something I dont

The real source of irritation for me is that both crome and firefox have started saving images as webp images.

For me, that's the straw that will break the camels back

you left a zero off my IQ level

Attached: thisistheop.png (486x616, 123K)

>Capitalism will die - but will it take us with it?
>Capitalism - The Cancer that eats everything
Dropped.

Thank you, everyone for taking part in this thread

OP here, let me tell you about Brave. What a browser. It not only lets you securely brows the web, it will suck you off and make coffee for you.
Brave, the browser every normie can trust

We're all tired of seeing your shitty blog

The thing about Mozilla is that they have like 50 actual engineers that do the actual work and about 1000 shills, if I was in charge of Mozilla, I'd just fire half of their overpaid marketing and PR department, tell the other half to work harder, increase the number of engineers and work on actually making a good product. Instead of focusing on getting more revenue, I'd rather focus on cutting costs, because a donation-only model is unsustainable for any larger business.
And I'd also fire their whole diversity team because they spend 20 fucking million per year on it, that's 20 million that could go to engineering instead. But since Mozilla has adopted a post-meritocratic worldview, they now have to deal with the consequences of that.
Mozilla will die if Google cuts them off, they make 97% of their revenue from Google. Which will happen in 2020, so enjoy the last two years, it's been a good ride lads.

>The thing about Mozilla is that they have like 50 actual engineers that do the actual work and about 1000 shills
um. No.
We do have a marketing group that makes the rest of the collective org roll its eyes on a weekly basis, but it's a fairly small group. Moz is 90% engineer.

>sjwfox is 90% engineer
depends on your definition of engineer. engineer job title ~= engineer

Attached: womenengineers.png (830x900, 219K)

>depends on your definition of engineer.
"people writing, auditing, and testing code"

how many roasts and niggers are being carried?

>how many roasts and niggers are being carried?
Can only speak to my team really, but we're all white/asian male. Sorry man.

>works in tech
>doesn't have to deal with affirmative action roasts, niggers, and pajeets
you lucky boy, you.

My god I forgot about that dude, used to make daily timecube threads on /x/, named himself "TIMECUBE IS MY BELIEF".

Then which giant fagmaster deprecated XUL?

gotta level with you man, when we meet up with other companies' teams in the same sector as us, everyone is competent. We give the grad student interns and new hires some allowances, but there's really not any dead weight outside that.

>Then which giant fagmaster deprecated XUL?
It came down to "You could have XUL" or "You could have multithreading that didn't constantly stall the UI in all tabs". Pick one and only one.
But I can't argue the fine points, I don't work on the browser.

completely different from the start-up where i work. it's almost pic related, really. i would have found another job and quit already if they didn't end up letting me work remotely.

>it's almost pic related, really.
forgot pic

Attached: thechadcoder.jpg (1400x814, 446K)

Yeah, for all the memeing about Moz, I'm fairly conservative and it's just not an issue. No one has any reason to get in anyone else's face, we like our jobs.

>this skid nigger again
KYS

Attached: masked.png (797x597, 885K)

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/capitalism.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/capitalismcancer.html
ahahahahahaha

Attached: topkek.jpg (801x534, 27K)

the absolute fucking state of browsers.
I really want to use IceCat but for some reason the captcha doesn't work on 4chanX. It's not even the issue with request blocking, it just refuses to solve it correctly

try disabling every extension except Jow Forums X, if that works start enable them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
>inb4 libreJS

Seems ok, I've read about most of these things before but not with this much detail. The color scheme and layout are bad though. Contrast of some text makes it difficult to read so I disabled style sheets and it fixed all the issues.

>We...
Everyone competent already left, your just a incompetent shill.

Fuck brave and jannies

>inb4 libreJS
shit, I forgot about that. It was so weird because everything else seemed to work fine I completely forgot that that thing is even installed
thank you, I'll try it when I get home.

They did have a valid point with the XUL deprecation, though. I remember downloading a "theme" in 2009 that completely took over the Firefox UI and even ran its own low level code.

I know that those are few and far between, but it did happen. You can scream "best practices" until you're blue in the face, but if an exploit is possible then an attacker will use it. End of story.

>inb4 containerization
Too recent of a technology. Also requires a shit ton of low level code that really doesn't belong in a web browser.

>inb4 trusting OS memory protections
Tell that to Windows 7/8 users who don't have full ASLR support.

It's all true bro. Why would he lie??

>opinions?
Modern web, 2019. When the browser quality scale ends its high at "least worst" and you can dig up a mountain high pile of shit even of the least worst one.
Only if FSF could spare more resources to keep Icecat up to date .

>the objective info presented on the website is irrelevant because the person who wrote it has a dumb opinion on some other non-related topic

Attached: 3.jpg (221x250, 5K)

Based. Fireforks truly are the least worst of.

Look at the commits, a good part of them seems to be done by someone with several brain damage, there's no way they are engineers.

>"You could have XUL" or "You could have multithreading that didn't constantly stall the UI in all tabs"

That's pretty much wrong, there was some moz shills spreading that shit from time to time and even when you demonstrate that they're wrong at their face they just jump to another thread and start again.

then they should deprecate web-extensions too for the same reason.

His facts are true, but the presentation is far from being objective.

well at least he quotes the problematic parts and links where possible. Everything else can be read as some rant, so it doesn't really matter
and his state on capitalism has nothing to do with this topic

>I know better than mozilla developers: the post

Based but fagpilled

Some mozilla shills said that not mozilla developers.

Damn you can even write your whole code in C with xpcom, so yeah xul was not a problem for multithreading.

ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-multixul/x-multixul-pdf.pdf

And just so you know the web-extensions are using html css js so its multithread capabilities are not better than xul but way worse as you can't use other languages.

ps. forgot about webAssembly but it has some overhead in some use cases that kills part of its purpose, it'll get better but it needs 1-2 years more to mature.

No mine!

based retard blaming browsers for Windows fucking shit up

>they were right to deprecate XUL because I'm stupid and can't be trusted to make choices