Hope you guys can help me. I need a decent set of headphones, for music/movies/gaming...

Hope you guys can help me. I need a decent set of headphones, for music/movies/gaming. I hear gaming headphones are a meme, so what are some that you’d recommend me? I have a budget of about $100. Trolls will be ignored and/or reported at my discretion.

Attached: DB689F3E-0B0E-46A5-8F33-58AC4957E445.jpg (150x250, 9K)

Takstar Pro 82

Sennheiser HD559

get the audio technica ath-m30x and a vmoda boom mic

high quality gaming headset for sub $100

>Noctua fan: the can.jpg

These sound great and are comparable to electrostatic headphones.

Attached: 61+y3fxkl6L._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 14K)

AKG headphones are great, I bought one and haven't regretted it. Cheap, well made and sound good too.

superlux 681 or 668

>Trolls will be ignored and/or reported at my discretion.
what a faggot

I've been using my pair of sennheiser HD280's around 4 years now. They've served me well when I binge Dota or listen to anything.

not the ath-m40x

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, the G430 is great.

Upvoted. Also the Philips shp9500s are a good choice. It'd be a little helpful if you know what form factor you'd like, as in an earbud, over ear, or on ear, and the sound signature, as in neutral, bassy, or bright.

>Trolls will be ignored and/or reported at my discretion

Attached: KwPX4Un.png (182x195, 52K)

>Trolls will be ignored and/or reported at my discretion
BASED and straight edge

you sound like a fag but if you at least $20 more, i would say the sennheiser pc37x. if you plan on using it on a console too, get the unp cable

Athm40x or 20 or if you can afford it 50x

I don't know what prices are out side of australia

We have a dedicated headphone general for a reason.

>imagine having an opinion this shit

get one of these OP

Attached: IMG_20190224_140947901_HDR.jpg (2340x4160, 2.43M)

do you want open or closed?

>imagine having an opinion this shit

Stax are the only headphones youll EVER need

Do NOT get the 559s.
They're awful. I bought a pair and immediately returned them.
The bass is so over-driven that it actually blocks out the mids.
I tried to correct it with an equalizer, but Foobar only goes to -20dB and the bass was still overpowering.

>The bass is so over-driven
How does a sennheiser headphone have bass?

Takstars are fucking trash. There is a pit where mids are suppose to be.

I don't know. Every pair of Sennheisers I've owned had similar characteristics - lower bass, flat mids, dips on the highs.
But the 559s are all bass, no mids, low highs.

I swapped them for the 569s and they're better. The bass is a little elevated, but it's detailed and rich whereas the 559s bled into the mids so it sounded distorted and muddy.

this, I returned them as they were fucking trash even compared 30 year old cans like the MDR 7506

>superlux 681 or 668
will fall apart right when the warranty ends

when's that?

Depends on where you live; what the law says.

This also also a great set.
Not bass heavy but 558s respond very well to amplification
598s are great as well

The fuck? They arnt bassy at all get your hearing checked earlet.
I have to run 3-5db on mine just to get any bass
>not wearing in your drivers
My 558 are almost a decade old and still going great

Im looking at mx50, are they good?
Also interested in these

I second this. I have got the 598SEs, great pair of headphones! I've been using them for about 3 years now and I really can't complain. You can tell headphones are great if the cable doesn't break after rolling over it hundreds of times. Just kidding of course, the sound quality is nice but you can't go into the public with them as everyone around you will hear whatever you're listening to.

stax

worse than mid-fi

Damn these things are so ugly, yet for some reason I want a pair.

Attached: 95B5D1CC30C9471490C6304AFD67CFD6.jpg (640x640, 55K)

sony MDR-7506 is pretty good for your price point
some people would say they sound high-pitched, but it's really pitch-neutral as opposed to bass-heavy like a lot of others
they're pretty durable and have good sound quality
the pads that come with it aren't very good, but better pads are cheap

Under rated desu.
The lightest most comfortable headphones I've ever owned.
The downside is they don't sound good through regular unamped 3.5mm aux u need to amp them to get any bass/soundstage hence morons with sound cards complaining about the lack of lows and mids

If you're bald

I'm still using my 598 I bought 8 years ago, only had to change the earpads because they were taking off.

Same here except hd558's

I just don't like how the drivers are touching your ears. Maybe aftermarket pads would help with that.

they are pretty good but powered directly from my Mi A1 on Android 9 sounds like shit compared on my thinkpad. They need an amp, I don't know when you search around asking if you need an amp every retard tells you they are fine without them. But that's is a fucking lie. Yes they sound enough loud without them on a phone, but if you check the resistance the bass has like 80+omphs ( they are rated 63 at 1Khz I think, and people just fucking ignore this fact) compared to an average of 20Omphs on the other frequencies. So if you use a shit amp, they will sound like they have no bass and you only hear the kids onwards with a boomy almost unhearable bass on a medium noise environment.
That's where the high pitch meme comes from, because stupid people try them on their shitty phones when the bass would be unhearable. I would get a portable amp for bus riding or a non shit phone.
They are fucking good.
I actually like how that feels, since they are not dumb big like other headphones.
I bought the brainwavz and they now only the foam presses my ear, they are comfy as fuck memory leather.
Buy the ones made specifically for the MDR 7506/v6 or the sound would be turned into shit. Before there were only big ass oval earpads from brainwavz but now they make normal ones

pic related.
20 bucks pleather, probably should have waited for the sheepskins to be available again they cost 25

Attached: IMG_20190224_200727.jpg (4000x3000, 1.28M)

>My 558 are almost a decade old and still going great
558 and 559 aren't related at all.