Can anyone explain to me why plastic is "bad" and aluminium is "good"...

Can anyone explain to me why plastic is "bad" and aluminium is "good"? Because I never cared about the material an it surprises me that there are people who do.

Attached: aluminium.jpg (530x298, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/original-sandstone-styleswap-battery-oneplus/dp/b00vyxsf72
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's good because Apple does it.

I like to feel how hot aluminum can get under heavy load. Makes me feel like I'm getting my money's worth in how hard it's CPU works. It's just not the same with plastic.

It's not honestly. Metal/aluminum makes my hand feel sweaty if I hold it for too long. Plastic takes a hit better than metal. I hate how the newest trend is fucking Glass everywhere.

Because you can't just let people have light and durable devices, okay, how are you going to innovate in the future? Expected it to be rebranded and make a return in 20s.

plastic > metal >>>>> glass, this is the objective truth and everyone who disagrees is a faggot.

Plastic>steel>a luminum>>>>>>>glass>ceramics

Metal is easily recycled. Ur de fag.

>plastic
>soulless

>metal
>woodgrain
>soul

Attached: A1DmD6KYrlL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1425, 544K)

I always thought plastic was better material for phones.

>more durable
>lighter
>not a faraday cage

If they made a carbon fiber phone it would be a plastic phone, but marketed in a different way. Plastic also gets very expensive depending on the plastic.

a good quality plastic is objectively the best material for a phone but most consumers don't know or see that and see something made of metal as more premium since they assume it's more expensive when in reality plastic can get expensive
In short people are dumb

its so you have to take it to a Certified Genuine Repair Centre tm to get your battery replaced, rather than just doing it yourself which doesn't make as much money for the manufacturer. Alternatively, when your phone battery capacity isn't what it used to be, simply purchase the next generation of the product and renew the cycle. Removable batteries, and therefore, plastic backs are not good for business.

>Doesn't prefer quality metal over chink plastic
Pajeet detected

It’s platinum, not platinium. (From platina)
It’s aluminum, not aluminium. (From alumina)

>not leather
lmaoing @ ur phone

Attached: g4-leather-7.jpg (1600x1200, 554K)

This is a plastic phone available for preorder.

I like my case.

Attached: flipcase.png (840x875, 615K)

plastic >>> metal/glass when done properly.

Attached: .jpg (910x683, 42K)

Attached: carbon1-section3-overlay.png (800x2592, 69K)

People care about stupid shit like notches so you bet some of them will care about materials.

And plastic isn't?

There's literally nothing wrong with nicely done plastics.
As a matter of fact, I prefer it. It feels nice in the hand.

Attached: nexus-5x-vs-nexus-5-01.jpg (1600x1200, 634K)

Magnesium alloy > aluminum alloy

because it didn't feel as nice so people didn't like it and instead bought aluminum phones and put them in plastic cases

aluminium is the UK spelling, dumbass

Sometimes i wish there was a durability/longevity brand phone either drop resistant enough that the glass screen would never break or had a easily replaceable plastic one

No one calls it "platinium.

It's also aluminium, by the way. Fuck off.

Leather > Plastic > Glass >>> Metal. Wireless charging is the future and not having it in favour of material autism is unacceptable.

Durability.

Aluminums have semi-decent good recycling at around ~36%. While plastic recycling rate is very low at ~4%(and will continue to drop down to 2% this year).

If you value environment, go Aluminum.

I mean, most people just chuck their phone into the garbage bin anyways. So its not like it matters with whatever phone you take. Especially, in addition to the fact that there also a lot of plastic inside your phone as it is.

Metal = Plastic >>>>>>>>>>>>> Glass
t. Cellphone repairman

Any self respecting adult has a phone made of aluminium. If you want to walk around with a plastic fisher price toy then go ahead. Just make sure that you use a different pocket to your vape when you put it in your cargo shorts, don't want to get juice on it brah.

Inox>Alu>Plastic>...>Soft touch plastic shit

>While plastic recycling rate is very low at ~4%(and will continue to drop down to 2% this year).
It is near 100%, but thirdworld shitholes

Kek

Because the half-life of aluminium is longer than the half-life of the cheap plastic they use on your Android phones. Women instinctively know this.

>I like to feel how hot aluminum can get under heavy load
this is a good thing, as al is more heat conductive than plastic and will disperse heat into the environment more efficiently

recycling is a scam

It's all about a phone being PREMIUM.

Regardless of what neckbeards on Jow Forums think. The general consensus is that plastics are cheap, and phone must be made out of metal or glass to be "worth the price" I mean that seems pretty obvious to me at least. I will say, I agree that plastic can feel cheap on a phone. Doesn't mean I like how hard that makes it to repair glass/metal phones.

Attached: 1496860140360.gif (139x137, 156K)

Glass and aluminum are cheaper than plastic composites.

The reason many phones use aluminum is to save on manufacturing costs, the glass is used because the antennae need to work.

Because Aluminum will dissolve from your sweat and plastic wont, forcing you to buy more parts when it eats through all the way. Pic related, my mid-2014 rMBP

Attached: Thanks Apple.jpg (3996x2664, 667K)

Aluminum pros:
heat sink
"premium feel"
Aluminum cons:
heat sink
electrocution
signal interference
weight
bends
one color
expensive
Plastic pros:
doesn't dissipate heat
lightweight
flexible
inexpensive
non conductive
no interference
colorful
Plastic cons:
"cheap feel"
doesn't dissipate heat

Aluminum is the original form. It's also the proper way you have to use it scientifically, by the way. Fuck off.

Jesus christ, do you sweat acid? I've never seen that shit before in my life

*bootloops*

This has happened to multiple MacBook Pros i've owned over the years. I dont wear a watch either so its not like the metal band has been damaging it.

forgot pic

Attached: ma.jpg (665x441, 57K)

You have health issues dude

>Plastic pros:
>doesn't dissipate heat

Dude, contact doctor, my 2014 mba hasn't this shit, but I sweat a lot...

I acknowledge that this can be argued either way by listing it as both pro and con

there is no circumstance under which plastic not dissipating heat is a pro

I was in the hospital for 11 days a couple years ago, 3 of which were in the ICU, for a bacteria infection which causes sepsis. Every single day a nurse would take so much blood that she would have to cup two hands together to withdraw all the blood. Its not like I have some weird disease, they would have told me.

Attached: Thanks Apple 2.jpg (2664x3996, 424K)

It's normal for a large proportion of the population and doesn't indicate a health problem. Another area you see it happen a lot is guitar strings that corrode and break.

>cup two hands together to withdraw all the blood
cup two hands together to hold all the vials to withdraw all the blood into

what shithole country are you from where hospitals don't have tube racks and other apparatus?

USA. They ended up billing me something like $350,000 for my stay there.

some people prefer throttling to burns
with apple, you get both, but there is a logical argument there

Attached: 1684166515416.gif (491x215, 497K)

>billing me something like $350,000
if that were me that shit would be going straight for collections with blinding speed. i'd answer their calls just to laugh at them and play le frenchman over the phone

I was a NEET at the time so Medicaid paid for it

Aluminum is easily damaged. When plastic would scuff, aluminum will dent.

>i dont understand the difference between plastic and elastic deformation

aluminum doesn't have an elastic deformation range. it yields to any stress over time

reminder that glass phones is only a thing because dbrand paid both Apple and Samsung a massive commission for every vinyl skin they sell for their respective phones.
The other manufacturers followed suit for free because Apple and Samsung were doing it but the root to the trend is literally just to sell skins.

Attached: 1534752609120.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Plastic is the GOAT construction material for many things. It's lightweight, durable, and inexpensive. The holy trifecta.

Matte/smooth plastic on a phone is amazing. The Moto X 2013 was a fucking joy to hold. Fuck glossy plastic on anything though. Shit feels like a swampy slick oily surface 24/7. Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x287, 19K)

>blackberry
2000 and late

it's uranium, not uranum
it's plutonium, not plutonum
it's sodium, not sodum
it's potasium, not potasum
it's helium, not helum

the iupac went over this already

whatever is cheapest, and prolongs the life of the device

Just fuck off

Attached: glrCONTEMPT.jpg (605x489, 192K)

>not having a Key2

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 11.55.05 PM.jpg (3360x2100, 317K)

Dude go see a doctor. I'm genuinely curious what's wrong with your sweat. Heavy sweating is pretty common here. Your sweat has something in it

It will overheat faster under the sun and die when it’s cold

Oh yeah the company that sells glorified stickers got two of the largest electronic companies in the world to change their body material because it (somehow?) makes people buy their stickers more.

Plastic is less durable and aluminium is used to dissipate heat

>dbrand has enough shekels to bribe apple and samsung

Attached: 1548990811245.jpg (550x467, 57K)

are you a fucking alien

what in the fuck user

Please post the picture of your mom in high school.

I already see this happening on my MacBook in the same spot but only on the very edge. And now that I think about it my previous iPhone, that I have already sold, had a lot of this on its sides, and my current one has a little on the edges too. Didn’t know sweat can do this

If they had painted it instead of using anodizing it wouldnt have this problem. I got a BlackBerry Q10 at around the same time, and the painted aluminum on it was fine.

Is dbrand the bogdanovs of the cell phone industry?

its good on a laptop but on a phone i don't think it matters, every phone is going inside a case. rigidity isn't even that important, just that its hard to damage the phone

there's nothing wrong with him. some people have slightly (that's all it takes) acidic sweat. aluminum has really poor corrosion resistance.

Literally the best material for a phone backing. PERIOD.
>no fingerprints
>no smudges
>not a dust magnet like rubber
>still very grippy
>lightweight
>cheap

Attached: 1541795934759.png (800x600, 532K)

Honestly it makes no difference to me since the moment I buy the phone I am putting a case on it because unlike the thors and the kids I paid for my phone with money I got from my soulsucking job so I am not taking any risks

Thots*

after using everything i can tell you this
i hate how cold the aluminum is
i hate how fucking disgusting glass gets after 1 minute of use
i love how plastic is comfy and durable

I can't tell what material that is visually, but i agree if its polycarbonate. A nice matt polycarbonate finish is lovely to touch and resistant to smudges and dirt, like some car interiors.

It's "sandpaper-like" plastic. It's really nice to hold.

WTF ARE YOU MADE OF?!

Attached: 1550368513261.png (642x485, 544K)

amazon.com/original-sandstone-styleswap-battery-oneplus/dp/b00vyxsf72

how long until we get jelly phones?
>Jelly
>bouncy
>bendable
>hard to break
>sweat resistant
>grippable (can squeeze it and it will form to your hand)
>environmentally friendly
>when it starts getting dirty or damaged you can just replace it

>make sports watch
>don't use steel
>don't use gold
>don't use nickel
>don't use titanium
>use the most easily oxidized and corrodable metal on the planet next to iron
>the state of iShit

Attached: 1526995905954.png (595x463, 282K)

Aluminum is stronger. It doesn't shatter if dropped. It cab be bent to a reasonable degree. It is heat and electric conductive. It's resistant to scratches and even when scratched it looks nice. Also it doesn't degrade by itself as time passes.

Literally nothing you said is true. kys pajeet

>can be bent
there it is

The wearer of that watch is not human.

Of course not, it's common knowledge that Appletards are subhuman.

not what I had in mind...

Attached: xenomorph-alien-covenant.jpg (635x357, 47K)