Why are you afraid of Android, Jow Forums?

Why are you afraid of Android, Jow Forums?

Attached: FEEE051D-0529-441B-9785-BA874F7D0C7D.jpg (691x960, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07K1NB8XN
amazon.com/dp/B07B4NSGN7
samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/
google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/pc-gaming-revenue-2018?amp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tweet your reply

Any it only costs $2000

>RAM and SSD chip prices skyrocketing
>wasted on phoneshit for normans that won't use 30% of it before dropping and cracking it and throwing it in the trash

Attached: 1531039535723.png (1920x1080, 782K)

It takes 10GB just to boot the system. It's not 1995 anymore boomer.

that's the fold.
S10 is much less

You do know you can use the phone as a linux desktop/laptop replacement right? I would of thought this would be Jow Forums's dream. But I guess everyone is to worried about gaming performance for that.

You do know that gaming on linux is a meme right?
Web browsing is the heaviest activity you're going to do on your phone and 6GB is already overkill.

Unless something has changed since last week both RAM and NAND prices have been getting lower

RAM and SSD prices would've crashed to $30 for 16GB DDR4 and $40 for 2TB SSDs by now if it weren't for phone trash.

lolwut?, 1tb SSDs are $100 and 2x8GB RAM kits are under $100

amazon.com/dp/B07K1NB8XN
amazon.com/dp/B07B4NSGN7

They're actually significantly falling by 15+% for the last two quarters. Pay attention

>TimeTec
>2400MHz

Dude stop, that's garbage

and it costs a shitton less for companies to buy than home consumers

Only after several quarters of increasing 200%. Pay attention.

They're mostly at introduction prices right now

Attached: PCPP-DDR4-3000.png (1134x348, 34K)

Isn't Jow Forums basically Android central? Every time there's Apple thread you will have Apple BTFO accompanied by Satania picture?

how much?

who the hell is gonna pay more than a few hundred dollars for a phone?

DDR3 at less than 1600 can play gaymes fine, why are people who don't care about video games even so concerned about having 4000MHz DDR4 and 5GHz 12 core CPUs? That's all consumerist garbage targeting retarded gaymers.

>$200 for 16gb
kys retard

Attached: 1527557391867.png (1608x981, 125K)

No you can't lmao

samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/

Attached: 1551031352226.jpg (2397x1386, 593K)

>DDR4-2400
wow ok

Oh you mean you can plug it into another display? And use crippled mobile hardware with no ports and an even more crippled mobile OS with locked everything? I'm so impressed.

The majority of people, snowflake

ur missing an entire year

Attached: Capture.png (384x371, 9K)

Who's even going to use a terabyte of storage on their phone? I have 128 gigs and I don't think I'll ever even use half of it.
I guess you could fill it up if you record in 4k a lot. Maybe use it as an external drive? Still seems silly.

phones are fashion technology and should not be used for any practical purpose. 1TB of storage is just there to say that you have more

>Gimped
Then just install Ubuntu on it. There are linux distros that support this stuff.

>this one kit is going up in price so RAM prices are going up!

Phones have reached the point where they can replace not only point and shoot cameras, but more expensive cameras and camcorders as well. Hours of 4k video takes up space.

Niggers and thots

It's still gimped and locked hardware even if you managed to get Ubuntu running somehow.

About 800 dollars I believe.

>and should not be used for any practical purpose
Smartphones are the most practical devices made in the last 2 decades, there are very few electronic devices in existence that can do more than the average smartphone can

nah its tree fiddy

>the most walled-garden doorstop shit in existence
>practical

>12g RAM
>1T memory

Which variant is faster, the Snapdragon 855 or the Exynos 9820? Also, will the Exynos version be fucked again a few years from now and not get any custom rom support compared the the Snapdragon one? (I really, only care about Lineage though.)

It costs 34 dollars for 24 months at Verizon.

What are you talking about having in Android is a 63 billion+ industry
google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/pc-gaming-revenue-2018?amp

you old school guys are ridiculously naive about Android

>Implying that iPhone users care about specs at all, as much as the status symbol of owning an apple product.

protip: never buy througha carrier, always get unlocked and choose your own service

/p/ is laughing at you.

Yes they are fucking practical, walled garden or not it doesn't stop you from actually doing
Not one fucking device has done more to replace the myriad of devices and other things people had to carry around just to do only some of what a smartphone can now do

When your phone IS your daily driver that's not silly at all. Don't you realize PC is dieing?

People spending 1000 dollars on facebook machines makes me fucking furious, it's so goddamn wasteful.

What about all the Jow Forumsfags who spend 2k on a reddit browsing machine

>would of
Anyway there is literally only one single user who dreams about this

Attached: 14.jpg (1600x1000, 281K)

If people had to pay $1000 upfront they wouldn't buy them in the large numbers that they do
But only having to pay $30-40 a month means that even welfare queens have no problem affording the latest flagship

$500 laptop
$800 phone
$300 tablet

or

$2000 phone that does it all

Not even a competition.

Attached: 1551038001665.jpg (308x405, 44K)

>phone that does it all
imagine believing this

but it doesn't

What precisely does it lack?

an OS that isn't a toy

>ports
>expandability or serviceability
>any decent operating system

A real keybaord for one but to be honest the shit that people used to do on a laptop (file taxes, pay bills, print shit, etc) can almost all be done exclusively on smartphone apps

>Why are you afraid of Android, Jow Forums?
I'm not afraid of it, I just don't want to get any on me.

>an OS that isn't a t-

Attached: 1529610589349.png (752x816, 395K)

What is a bluetooth keyboard and mouse? This isn't an issue.

bluetooth is utter garbage

modern versions are actually really good. Sounds like you haven't used it in years.

Attached: 1551037907384.jpg (486x482, 45K)

Try to use it with more than one device, say your computer and phone, on a daily basis and report back.

my poco docks with a usb keyboard and mouse welcome to 2019 boomer

>my laptop still only has 2 gb of ram
>am I old?

Attached: 1549650433099.jpg (350x392, 46K)

>have always had iphones (3g, 4s, 5s currently)
>no real reason to have apple, just always got hand me down phone from mother
>5s has started crapping out on me after updating from 9.3 to 12 this past weekend
>now gonna buy an SE on ebay and that should be my phone the next 5 years
>probably pay around 80 for the 32 GB SE and get maybe $40 for my 5S

>12gb ram
>a fucking phone

iphone don't even market their ram. because the customers don't know what it is.

Why would you need 12GB of ram in a phone?

because android has such shit ram management that the 4gb iPhone XS outdoes the 10gb one plus 6t mclaren edition.
android ram management is such a meme that the solution is just to add more and more ram meanwhile iPhones with a literal 1gb of ram work fine

That might be neat for people in the office. But most offices use windows.

>implying it's not that Iphone users simply do not use hungry advanced software

any developer that uses windows unironically is a bad developer and/or a cuck

the only two things I use my phone for are Anki and gba4ios.
have fun playing your "AAA quality" mobile releases though.

because...?
im not a -total- idiot and don't do this but you should at least add the reasoning

>Why are you afraid of Android
The software is shit. Specs are worthless if the software can't use it

Qualcomm still can't compete with Apple's processor and I'm pretty sure Apple's A13 will blow Snapdragon 855 out of the water.

Applel is a fucking joke and can't even make a processor that can type without lagging. Nobody gives a shit about gookbench, people buy phones to run actual apps.

Attached: 1522592994319.webm (640x360, 1.9M)

>developer
user, other professions use offices too...

>Specs are worthless if the software can't use it
This. Apple is a fucking joke.

>if i say the opposite of reality enough times it will become true
Poo in the fucking loo iPajeet.

Attached: 1550533326215.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

iPhones work faster. But that is because of the processor not because of the ram.

Having more ram allows Android to cache more stuff to make up for the performance gap with Apple's processors.

Its cheaper if you have the money up front. You won't risk trouble with your carrier if you root/otherwise screw with your phone. You can switch carriers if you need too, obviously.

if you keep telling yourself that, maybe it'll become the truth.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.17.34 PM.png (2520x1594, 1.04M)

Damn that sounds comfy

>used lg v20 and thinkpad t430
>collectively 400$

Why would i drop 2000$ on something i can't even render video on anyway

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize Apple is shit. Thank you, based chinks.