>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k - Good for gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti High framerate 1080p gaming, beware of only 6gb of vram for longevity
1440p
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti Highish (60-100) framerate 1080p gaming, especially beware of only 6gb of vram at this resolution
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 3b9e07678515a3f41cf94619499cf74963912ffd0d52312a7f916e26b9a937c4.jpg (600x900, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/nYkPq4
overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html
uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=price&page=1
de.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=404,405&sort=price&page=1
overclockers.co.uk/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-343-ms.html
rueducommerce.fr/produit/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-8g-oc-33636774/offre-81141596
mindfactory.de/Highlights/MindStar
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/#comment-8149083
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ide ribbons
stop ur giving me vietnam flashbacks

Didn't msi release a bios update that allows undervolting last month?

>2019
>64GiB ram still not standard

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
Top tier shilling

actually true
imagine being sold a server-grade part for a fraction of the price

I know the 2600x has a better stock cooler than the standard 2600, is it good enough to OC or should I get a 3rd party cooler?

If you want to spend more on gaming then the 9700k is superior. Ryzen 7 isn't the best non HEDT but it's a better value in comparison to 9th gen i7 with its lower thread count and lack of hyper threading. $300 8c16t vs $400 8c8t.

Prices in aud
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke OC $1299
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB $949
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB $699

The 6gb in the 2060 is not enough but is cheapest leaving money for a better monitor that it wont be able to use thanks too its tiny vram dick
Everyone shits on the 2070 for not being much better then the 2060 but has 8gb and is barely acceptable
The 2080 burns a hole right through my pocket and also has a paltry 8gb

So which shit sandwich should i eat?

pcpartpicker.com/list/nYkPq4

Doing my first ever custom gaming/streaming rig. Do these parts work together? The website says they are compatible but I don't trust it.

Any prebuilts with these same specs anyone can recc?

You don't manually OC a 2600X. A good aftermarket cooler will allow it to boost higher.

Is 32" too big for a monitor?

Was just gonna go for a generic 24" IPS budget monitor but the AOC Q3279VWFD8 is ridiculously cheap right now. Currently using a 15" laptop.

Well there's the 1660 ti, it's basically the 2060 w/o ray memes or dlss. It's your cheapest option. It's going to be a year or two before 6gb vram is ineffective for high-ultra. Are you trying to play 1080 high frames? Are you trying to play 1440 at mid to low frames? What's your end goal?

retard op again

Reposting my dilemma
Buying a second hand 1070 for 250 eurobucks right now or wait for Navi?
As a replacement for my 280x

Attached: 1372605389378.png (351x364, 258K)

I sit 30 inches away from 27" 1440p and I wouldn't want it any bigger unless I'm further away.

I guess I have no idea what I'm doing then I thought it was done via bios and a decent cooler would just keep it from over heating.

just wait for Navi. It's gonna curbstomp whatever novideo shite you're pondering on buying at that budget.

32" should look fine as long as it's at or above 1440p.

was thinking of 1440p but not sure yet, need to do more research on scaling, a large chunk of my game collection is pre 2014 so not to sure if older games will play nice with it, newest is dying light oldest is original doom and about 450 games between
And for newer games, i want be able to hook my pc up to a 4k tv and get bare minimum 45 fps medium-high settings
Also learning blender so just basic scene rendering
And modding skyrim/fallout
That about covers what im going to be doing

Will MXM graphics cards ever take off for small form factor computing?
Having graphics accelerators in MXM or M.2 size would seriously be a nice way to get some extra performance in the tiny spaces.

AsRocks STX motherboard with the MXM expansion-card is seriously attractive, since it does away with the akward shape of the normal PCIe 16x boards.

vega 56 is sub 300 euros new and comes with game bundle you can sell. I don't expect navi to surpass vega numbers at a comparable price in july, if it even releases in july.

How does one update their BIOS?

Read the manual to your motherboard.

Thank god

With msi i use mflash and its based

Then I'd shoot for a 2070 or alternatively a 1080. The performance gain imo isn't what sells it over the 2060 but the vram would help push frames in 1440/4k to get closer to 60 fps. If you think raytracing and dlss are too new you can probably get a new/refurb 1080 and know it can push 4k and handles 1440 well.

>vega 56 is sub 300 euros new
Where? I seeing them second hand for 309 bucks and 400+ new

Is it pointless to undervolt an rx580 nitro, given it’s an oc’d model?

Id be shocked if more than 3 game need more than 6gb in the next 4 years. Obviously a few outliers will be shit ports that only run on 2080s at 60 fps with dips

1 shitty blower model was on sale for 1 day ignore the shills it was 1660ti damage control by amd

Where in europe? There's a a few sales in various different areas going on. UK seems to have the best cards.

*ahem*
overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html

shitty fucking price for that garbage
new 1070 sales going for 300 eur in eu and you can find v56 for 300 eur

also fuck used gpus, and fuck that cuck

>game bundle you can sell.
not really, you have to install the card to enable the ayymd codes

Modding up skyrim,fallout and banner lord if it comes out in our lifetime will eat 6gb pretty quickly especially at 4k

mindfactory + service that ships outside of germanistan is pretty dank

You register an account on AMD rewards site, install the card and redeem the offers. Then you sell the account with the keys on reddit.

Wow nice actually. Better deal than the 2060 i just got but i hate housrfire gpus. But holy you euromutts get kiked by vat

Attached: Screenshot_20190224-174436_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 690K)

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=price&page=1
de.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=404,405&sort=price&page=1
>6gb in 2019
they send you an amd rewards code that requires the card to be installed, after verification they send you a steam/uplay key that's fully resalable.

I see didnt know dis

No one cares those games are old and shit and applying too many mods and needed 12gb of vram is user error

Spain
pretty sure than 321 is not less than 300
>new 1070 sales going for 300 eur in eu and you can find v56 for 300 eur
false and false
>also fuck used gpus, and fuck that cuck
what the fuck are you even saying now?

Why every single 1070 I see on sale is Gigabyte?

Nvidia has established 6gb as the goto for at least the next few years. No studio will release a game needing more than 6gb causing 85% of the market to not be able to play it

Cause they suck and no one bought them

Here then, under 300 in stock tomorrow morning.
Blower though.
overclockers.co.uk/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-343-ms.html

Gigabyte is cutting wholesale costs to get rid of older cards?

>No one bought them
So all these people selling them stole them?
I'm talking used ones

Honestly what do you think your experience with a blower 56/64 would be like? Underclocked 56 would probably be alright but the 64 is a crazy hot card it must be loud as hell

so to summarize: there's no sub 300€ Vegas available in yourope

Do you mean used or retail?

6gb is already not enough, later parts of RE2 and metro get fucked by it it at higher resolutions
Well i care obviously, and Its not user error its nvidia being stingy with the vram like always

Of course there, just not in your particular part of europe. Sucks to be you.
rueducommerce.fr/produit/msi-radeon-rx-vega-56-air-boost-8g-oc-33636774/offre-81141596

Lie more drone

>Bought a 2080Ti
>Just finished trying out Metro Exodus with DX12, RTX, Ray Tracing on Ultra, (no DLSS)
>Was getting 55-60 fps at most on extreme preset
>Lighting only looked different in like 3 parts of the game
>Reach a part of the game and start seeing a bunch of artifacting
>Looks like colored ribbons springing from the walls
>Get outside, now seeing a shit load of ribbons in grey and parts of the skybox floating in midair in front of me
>Oh fuck I guess my 2080Ti was part of the bad batch, it's shitting the bed
>Close game and fire up 3 different benchmarks , run each one at a time. No artifacts or issues
>Try DX12 with no Ray tracing at all, still artifacts
>Go back in game, turn off RTX and DX12, knock back to DX11, NO ISSUES and almost triple the FPS

OK, I get that early Ray tracing stuff is a meme and it's still in it's infancy, but at least make sure one of your games leading the charge fucking works with the latest DirectX for fuck's sake.

Attached: 1514835152717.jpg (540x540, 37K)

>false and false
>I only check my own country
>my country is the entire eu
god you are retarded

mindfactory.de/Highlights/MindStar

Dunno mate i'm really sensitive to noise and would never consider any blower card. The only reason I'd buy is if it was so cheap i could factor in the cost of an aftermarket cooler for it.

>at least make sure one of your games leading the charge fucking works with the latest DirectX for fuck's sake
thanks for beta testing :^)

Cope more shill, 6gb is not the slightest bit future proof

I honestly dont know why they bother making them no one wants a blower unless its marked down

lol fucking asus strix, overpriced even on a flash sale. And they heat up worse than a fucking gigabyte.

>false and false
1070 for 300 right now
now please neck yourself

Attached: asdasdf.jpg (959x523, 80K)

sapphire and giganigga

pic if you are too incompetent to click a link
now neck yourself again

Attached: dsfdsfsfd.jpg (270x894, 43K)

both sold out, fuck it, I'll get the 2060 then

Regarding the amd game codes - I’ve claimed the two games I want, and have activated RE2, but DMC5 isn’t out yet. If I changed gpu’s in the meantime, would I still be able to get my DMC5 code?

>both sold out, fuck it,
literally hundreds in stock

1070/ti

Lol

WTF THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Prove your lies shill

2060 is better anyways

one more thing. the vega 56s blowers went for 259 eur lowest on mindfactory before

have you necked yourself yet?

>no 300eur vegas btw

incl. vat btw

Not sure why you are so obsessed wiht this but it's over. Thank you for your involvement, and no I don't want a blower card. I went with the sensible choice instead.

>i rate vega

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 61K)

just proving so called false claims right. good night

>for me, it's Nvidia

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 42K)

I bought a 2070 zotac amp extreme, and still running a shitty corsair cx750m. What are the odds the upgrade from an evga 970 kills the psu within a month or two?

is vega 56 slightly better than 1070 for 150 extra watts?

if you were given a steam or other drm code there shouldn't be an issue with hardware verification.

it should be around 1070ti or 1080 with newer drivers

and possible better if u tweak it no shill
tldr yes its better

It's slightly better that 1070Ti at ~180W total with a simple undervolt.
Literally one click in wattman.

yeah, if you keep it stock. there are plenty of resources showing stable undervolts for both ref and aftermarket cards. If you're spending hundreds on your components why not tweak them to get the most efficiency out of them?

Are vertical/side-mounted PSUs a thing? I'm trying to understand why some manufacturers (usually thermaltake) have RGB fans on the PSU. It looks cool, but how are you ever supposed to see that shit?

you can turn the fan upwards so it is visible from the inside.

It wont really effect anything, assuming you have decent airflow anyway.

3.7 used, 2.3 running playing fortnite. It won't be forever until real games need more than 6gb at 1440p, sooner for 4k

Attached: 37gb.jpg (860x180, 35K)

>i rate 4k
fucking retard lol!!

How much wattage should the PSU have for the following setup to leave room for future upgrades? I'm looking at 750w Corsair and Seasonic models since the EVGA 750 G3 mysteriously stopped being listed on amazon a couple days ago.

Mobo: B450m Bazooka
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16GB 3000Mhz DDR4
GPU: 1660 Ti

I have a 450w PSU as is, but it's a EVGA 450 BV which seems to be cheap and obscure model so I want to replace it. I've been using it with a 4GB RX 580 for about 160 hours of gaming so far with no issues though.

Should I not get 750w and go for less?

Also, any recs on which brand/model to get for the 1660 Ti? Thanks.

Attached: 1540143848799.jpg (2560x1440, 872K)

That not re2 retard you are just making shit up dumb pajeet

650 is plenty even with housefire power chugging GPUs.

Your 450 is fine
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

asus/msi

Is the EVGA support meme real?

So far I’ve redeemed my reward by having my amd gpu installed. There’s no steam code to claim until the game is released. I just wonder if I’d still be able to claim DMC5 if I had an Nvidia gpu by that point

Is it just state 7 that you change in wattman?

Yes if you've redeemed the reward it's done and you can claim it on any pc.

6+7. I set mine to 950 and 1000 and it's completely stable.

Thanks, I'll compare 650w models too then. Thing is most of the higher rated ones in this tier list cost about $100 whether they're 650w or 750w:
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/#comment-8149083
I've been using this one:
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
It also says 450w is fine but I'm still concerned that it would be more responsible to replace the 450 BV I have with a higher quality model. Since they cost more I figured I might as well go for higher wattage within a reasonable boundary.
What about EVGA and Zotac? Is it preferable to go straight for the models with more fans/boost clock speed?

Attached: 1540257641035.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

buying a gpu, msi or gigabyte? both at the same price and same clocks
i'm importing it so don't give a shit about warranty or support because i won't have any