What does Jow Forums think of the Signed HTTP Exchanges that Google is pushing...

What does Jow Forums think of the Signed HTTP Exchanges that Google is pushing? Will allowing approved 3rd parties to appear to serve data from a first party domain be the death of host based ad blocking?

bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/google-chrome-adding-support-for-signed-http-exchanges/

Attached: 1446344747502.png (1317x350, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/google-chrome-adding-support-for-signed-http-exchanges/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based Firefox

Attached: Screenshot_20190224-171542_Firefox.jpg (977x194, 48K)

Everyone on Jow Forums should just use Google Chrome.
It IS the best browser, after all, and not at all made by leftists and SJWs like SOME other browsers.

And how would you know that? Its base is open source after all, surely there are some leftists and SJWs lurking in semiapparent shadows.

>we want to serve files from our CDN without using cdn.domain.com
there is no reason to do that. what they want to do is ship ads through the webites domain so adblockers can no longer carpet block the entire google adword network with a few lines of text.

>not at all made by leftists and SJWs
What fucking planet are you living on?

Good job, Mozilla. Now Firefox is going to die even sooner when every website implements this and they stop working in Firefox.

Retard

Pretty good, basically all it does is allow caching without compromising signing of web pages (a.k.a. your ISP trying to MITM your webpages).

Shamelessly evil.

That isnt the only way it can be used
This whole sxg thing will result in companies such as google pretty much forcing website owners to buy expensive TLS certificates
To my way of thinking it will create a two tiered WWW
Those that google vouch for and those who google dont even list because no certificate

>This whole sxg thing will result in companies such as google pretty much forcing website owners to buy expensive TLS certificates
>To my way of thinking it will create a two tiered WWW
Are you actually retarded?

well have you read what they are saying here

Seeing that in this way the origin of the web content is decoupled from the server used to distribute it, web documents will be published on the Internet without having to depend on a specific server, connection, or hosting service after SXG support will be added to web browsers.

and who signs these as being legitimate?

The certificate authorities???????????

Seems sensible. It moves us towards content based addressing like ipfs for sure at least.

Think of it like this. If theres wasnt any money in it
WHY WOULD GOOGLE EVEN BOTHER DOING IT?
Somewhere along the line somebody pays
and that someone is me and you and a bunch of other mugs
Somebody pays in some way. Google arent doing this for the lulz and they certainly arent doing it because they love you.

the planet irony by the look of it, what planet are you on? Planet Stoneface?

>Seeing that in this way the origin of the web content is decoupled from the server used to distribute it, web documents will be published on the Internet without having to depend on a specific server, connection, or hosting service after SXG support will be added to web browsers.
Just because it exists doesn't mean sites have to use it.

>and who signs these as being legitimate?
You've been able to set up TLS for free with Let's Encrypt for years now.

>expensive TLS certificates
Have you been hibernating for the last decade? Also HTTP without TLS has been a bad practice for years now, so you need a cert anyway, which is free anyway.

yea, the ads will stop working.

that's the only contributions to chrome though, it's 100% leftist

fuck the Internet desu

Why is OP always retarded?
There is an easy fix for this:
disable javascript

>There is an easy fix for this:
>break all websites

Far-left leftists unironically make the best privacy-oriented software because they are all communists and hate corporations spying on them for profit, unlike liberal Google kikes.

Attached: riseup.png (1200x918, 49K)

The world wide web was a mistake.

email: gamers@riseup

Attached: web9876.jpg (1023x804, 122K)

anyone have riseup codes? invite me pls

botnet's gonna botnet. let's encapsulate and obfuscate everything so the user has even less control over what they get served.

>Signed HTTP exchanges provide a way to prove the authenticity of a resource in cases where the transport layer isn’t sufficient.

for what purpose exactly is the transport layer suddenly not sufficient? machine learning based on the input of almost the entire population?

Can someone explain the significance of this to a tech-retard? (dunno why i even come to Jow Forums desu lol. I guess news like this.)

Does it mean that we can't block ads any more because the ads will look like they're coming from the website itself, not somewhere else, so if we can't to use the site we have to suffer the ads too? The only way to block the ads is to break the content of the site too?

Attached: 1549388185856.png (658x866, 276K)

Now when you visit example.com website ads are coming from spyware.google.com, so to block ads you just block all connections to spyware.google.com. With this thing, ads will appear to be coming from the same site you are visiting, so it will be hard to distinguish content from ads.

It changes the way the web works and not in an insignificant way. It revolutionises the web. Effectively it works like blockchain. Every server that has a copy of the web site is a distributor of it. with the addition that Everything is signed as belonging to a single site, even if some of the objects originate from a totally different site.

They are going to cram so much advertising down our necks that it becomes like 1999 again when your computer crashes under the weight of it

niggers and traps love the left wing. They are the left wing. The left wing is the home of perverts and blacks

shit
I was on the fence the past few days about which to switch to
>Firefox desktop + Firefox Android, or
>Opera desktop and Opera Android
(I need sync)

Last night I was leaning towards Opera despite the chinese botnet aspect just because it is so much smoother and comfier and faster on Android (on desktop also but not by much, Firefox has somewhat recovered from the dark days of a few years ago).

...but after reading this... fuck it, I'm going with Firefox + uBO.
1) because I want to avoid this shit myself in the short term, and
2) because I don't want to support Google's full takeover of the web by supporting a Blink-based browser

most of the web has fallen
ONLY GECKO SOLDIERS ON

Mobile browsing is a waste of time anyway, I really shouldn't do so unless I'm looking u[p something specifically or doing something specifically. Maybe having a slow, awkward mobile browsing experience will help me cut out that habit.

Thank you for helping me to make the right decision - THANK YOU BASED JEE!

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x706, 67K)