This is unironically the best OS ever

This is unironically the best OS ever.
I wish MS would have kept updating this one forever instead of Win10.

Attached: final-65d6e19fecb4b8ad90d02178bbce0dd6-w2kboot.png (640x480, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=59559
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows 10 is an update of NT.

can't argue with best.

>update
Yeah, sure. Let's go with that.

No one said updates have to mean improvements

Attached: Windows-XP-Wallpaper.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

It was pretty rad, I run windows server 2000 in vm

They did...it's called Windows 10

Attached: Yes+i+do+_50ea7058e872e7369d8e5753e6175290.jpg (400x243, 10K)

this grow up, everyone is using it, it's a great new update, works fantastic on all my machines, why would you use outdated software, LOL

Back in 2016-2017 I spent 4-5 months usually a Windows 2k with a kernel mod casually on a virtual box, it could up to Firefox 37-38 without errors, watch Youtube videos and do basic task.

It failed to work well online after Youtube removed it's alternative flash player mode.

Still a very pleasant OS that is a simpler XP with an aesthetic.

Attached: 1532146415217.gif (500x348, 386K)

There's supposedly an unofficial service pack 5 for 2000 floating around somewhere. It's rumored to include a heavily modified kernel that's supposedly able to be ran on modern hardware with current drivers, as well as run most modern programs and games. Idk where it is, tho.

>not POSIX compliant
>best OS
Pick one, rajesh.

Nice bait.

Windows 10 is the worst. It's botnet, it's bloated, it breaks after every """feature update"""" and you can't really customize it (compared to a *BSD, Gnu/Linux or Windows 2000) Windows 10 is not hasslefree at all.

Just because everyone uses it doesn't mean that it's actually good. That's just the way nigger cattle thinks and behaves.

>It's botnet, it's bloated
Just like every version of Windows.

>POSIX

Attached: 1544088125846.gif (260x150, 1.45M)

t. winjeet who has never done anything productive in his life

Yeah, compared to what else was available at the time, 2000 is easily the best release Windows has ever had. Anyone who used XP in the early days will remember what an utter dumpster fire it was until SP2, and let's not even mention ME which somehow managed to be even less stable than 98. Mac OS 9 was a dinosaur, OS X had a very rocky release, and desktop Linux was still mostly a pipe dream.

Windows 2000 was just a really, really solid OS for its day.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this level of delusion and projection. Either way, seek professional psychological help.

>downdate

So you have nothing to say for yourself at all, pajeet?

Just use reactos

I don't love bluescreens and memory leaks as much as you do.

Probably find it around the Nlite/vlite os iso tweaker forums somewhere.

Can't argue with that, windows 2000 was the best version of Windows, if you can find a PC that'll run it it's still good to use for most things

this. 2k was a solid release. xp was a bugfest and no one switched to it unless they had to. and better let's not talk about the abortion me was.

win2k masterrace

The absolute state of Win10 fags

Windows 7 was better.

It's still usable today. It's a pain to get working, but it can be done.

There are several unofficial kernel patches available.

Just use DOS on a 286.

NuTechnology

When did operating systems stop being about the applications and start becoming an end in themselves?

even freebsd, for all the shit that it gets, runs on more machines bare metal than reactos.
it is a purely virtual machine os.

What's wrong with FreeBSD?

>What's wrong with FreeBSD?
CoC, software support feels like Linux decades ago

sounds utterly hipster

The loss of the grey aesthetic was the first sign that computers were going to begin moving away from being a tool to do things, to an appliance to "experience" things. There was nothing stopping them going for a more cartoony appearance in 2K, since its not in the bubbly bitmap where XP's resource consumption lay, but they knew that computer users would never go for such a thing without being primed first, or replaced by a group that didn't care.

i love that movie so much

> It failed to work well online after Youtube removed it's alternative flash player mode.
HTML5 takeover is literally the only reason my comfy Pentium 4 XP computer from all the way back in 2004 stopped seeing good use. Websites that don’t use it or still support Flash Player work just as good on it today as they did back then.

>The loss of the grey aesthetic was the first sign that computers were going to begin moving away from being a tool to do things, to an appliance to "experience" things. There was nothing stopping them going for a more cartoony appearance in 2K, since its not in the bubbly bitmap where XP's resource consumption lay, but they knew that computer users would never go for such a thing without being primed first, or replaced by a group that didn't care.
Olive Green theme a best.

Attached: serveimage.gif (1024x768, 242K)

It's a downgrade, but still an update you retarded nigger.

There are some Japanese forums dedicated to keep w2k going. You can still run even chrome on it.

I ran w2k as server for long time with modern software but it was just too much work modifying system with google translated instructions in japanese, I would break shit all the time so I finally gave up and now run stripped win7 on my pentium pro server.

Win 10 is a fucking service pack for Win 2000, there is no significant changes

It was a corporate OS, like every other nt-based windows.
XP brought NT to home users.

Media Center edition's version of luna I think I liked the best personally. Had a bit more variety to it.

XP is a win 2000 + marketing shit like useless “system restore” and “movie maker”, nothing seriously changed still

In a virtual machine I thanks to a 3rd party package got a pretty decent windows 98 going.
forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=59559

System Restore came from WindowsME and you sure as hell would have needed it more on that.

THIS

Based strokeposter

Best thing about it was that simple hex edit that would make the "Pro" edition into a "Server" one and vice-versa. Good fucking times.

Back in 2007-08, there was also this couple hackers producing wrapper DLLs for C/DX functions who were intentionally being deprecated by Microsoft as to not work on anything below XP, case in point was "Bioshock". There was a forum for requests and all that. I also remember one of the dudes nickname was "cigaretteman", which amused me to no end.
Anyone recalls that?

I remember somebody unofficially backported DX 10 did 2000 and XP.

IIRC they only backported it to XP