Macbook pro 2011 bosd'd today. think it's a gpu issue. can't afford a repair or replacement right now...

macbook pro 2011 bosd'd today. think it's a gpu issue. can't afford a repair or replacement right now, i just need to make it through this last semester.
got the old girl to boot and things seem stable for now.

it's gonna be okay, r-right b-b-bros?

Attached: scaredandsad.png (691x653, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBookPro8,1/8,2/8,3_(2011)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MACTODDLER BTFO

Attached: 1519769648315.gif (500x491, 376K)

>macbook
let this be the last time you buy garbage that is made to prevent you from repairing it

based

How does it prevent you from repairing it?

by not providing parts

So they're like everyone else, then?

Do you have 100$?
Windows laptops depreciate in value very quickly, and hardware has stagnated in the last 10 years so anything you buy will get you through browsing the web, writing reports/documents and light workloads.
I don't think apple is the complete devil like some anons here, but don't discount linux and windows as the great options they are for getting shit done.

Literally false.
By bricking your whole device if you swap any part.

>but don't discount linux and windows as the great options they are for getting shit done.
GNU is great for getting shit done, but avoid Windows like the plague. Terrible OS for anything remotely productive.

>By bricking your whole device if you swap any part.
Show me where this happens on the 2011 Macbook Pro.
>Literally false
Show me who else provides parts, then. Especially for an 8 year old product.

I'm not championing windows here, but most likely OP can get his bullshit degree done with windows just as well as he can on linux.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as efficient. Windows takes too much time to get set up properly and it always has tonnes of issues. GNU is just simpler and easier to use.

who is still using an apple laptop from 2011, nothing is supported on that proprietary mess

>who is still using an apple laptop from 2011, nothing is supported on that proprietary mess
It still supports High Sierra with all the compatible software and it will run any x86 GNU distro. I don't know what you mean.

Little trick on the 2011 Macbook Pros, mostly the 15 inch model...

If you have a model with a dedicated GPU and it dies, MacOS will try and fail every single time to use the dedicated GPU putting you into a pretty bad kernel panic loop and generally bootlooping until it kills itself.

Now, if you install windows/Linux on the Macbook it will always try to use the integrated GPU and will work flawlessly.

Now if you boot into Windows and try to install bootcamp drivers you'll run into the same problem.. but as long as you're alright with no audio through the speakers and a loss of the MacOs top-row function keys you can use it all you want.

Attached: apple-macbook-pro-15_09.jpg (260x159, 8K)

>Windows on a Macbook
The worst of both worlds!

I wouldn't recommend if it wasn't out of desperation

you poor dumb faggot. i'm still using my 2011 macbook pro to do all of my programming: windows/mac applications, ios/android apps, web dev, server dev...and it still rocks like a motherfucker. show me your piece of show windows machine from 2011. oh that's right, you can't. those fag machines die after just one year. in the 8 years, i've had my macbook pro, i've only had to spend the initial $2000 on it. no cost for any of the minor repairs that apple has done free of charge. but you probably saved $1000 when you bought your winshit machine, right? just $1000, and then you laughed at us mac guys. but then, haha, you had to keep spending $1000 every year to buy a new computer because your shit just dies or breaks when you drop it. so you're in for $8000 so far...and you think you're smart because you didn't waste money on an "overpriced" mac. enjoy your pathetic life.

Sell it with a burner phone while it works and get a Thinkpad

Attached: 1547015151498.jpg (842x575, 34K)

based
just sell it to someone and buy 5 thinkpads with the money

my thinkpad was made in 2004 and can do everything your macbook can do for 1/10th the cost and with less thermal throttling

based

based and redpilled

Thinkpads are not and have never been significantly cheaper than Macs. My PowerBook from 1999 shits on your Thinkpad anyway.

my x201 only cost 200 burgers

>laptop lasts 8 years of use
Most laptops last 4 at best just trash it

Yeah, used. My used 2010 Macbook cost $50. And my 2004 iMac was free.

My 2017 macbook pro was 1600 after tax. My girlfriend likes it

i bet her son likes it too

Incel cope

>>Windows takes too much time to get set up properly
>It's yet another episode of a toddler trying to set up Windows the same way he sets up his Linux distros and being surprised it's not supposed to be set up that way but it's not his fault he has no idea what he's doing, it's the os!
I'm not saying Windows isn't shit, but I've seen this shit so many times it's not even funny at this point

It would be good if it could be set up like GNU, but it can't be. So it wastes a lot of time compared to GNU. I'm not trying to set it up the same way I set up GNU, that isn't possible, pajeet. Stop trying to shill when you aren't very good at it. The issue is that Windows is slow, and setting it up takes a lot of time. It's a tedious task. It is never faster that setting up GNU. When I want to install all of my software in GNU it is one simple command. Easy. When I want to install all my software with Windows, I have to manually download, extract, and install every package separately. Linux has all of my drivers for me with GNU, Windows requires multiple downloads and reboots to install the proper drivers. Windows is just a poor OS for productivity. Don't get me started on all the issues it has with software conflicts and libraries.

does she have a penis

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBookPro8,1/8,2/8,3_(2011)

based as fuck