What's the most retard-proof distro + DE, Jow Forums?

What's the most retard-proof distro + DE, Jow Forums?
My brainlet friend got someone to reinstall Windows on his machine after Mint and Kubuntu both had retarded issues with Steam.
Pic related, it's my next candidate despite never using it myself.

Attached: fedora-logo.png (546x546, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

endlessos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like you're the brainlet friend.

If he can't get Steam to work in Mint, he should just stick to Windows. Steam is literally in Mint's repo.

>What's the most retard-proof distro + DE, Jow Forums?
gnome and probably ubuntu, fedora has far too many pitfalls and 'do it yourself' nonsense to be suitable for a beginner

dont
fedora only has free packages

unless he's willing to spend time figuring out things for himself, GNU/Linux is not for him. It's simply not an operating system designed for regular users.

endlessos.com/

Metro+NT

He is apparently physically incapable of searching even the most basic answers to his problems. I will not be bothering with Linux for him again.
In case it comes up in the future again though, I want to have something that I can recommend beginners while knowing that it will actually work (as long as their IQ is over 80). Should I stick to Ubuntu?

It's not entirely his fault. Like I said, GNU/Linux is not for regular users. Even programmers who switch to Linux from Windows struggle at first, so a regular user is going to find it hell. Don't force Linux on people who can't use it.
Fedora is the right choice.

You're right, but it's still frustrating that both distros had issues with Steam or mainstream (Linux-native) games. Maybe I just chose a bad time to try to get him to use it.

GNU/Linux is not for gaming. Use Windows for playing games.

The amount of working games in my Steam library seems to disagree (~3/4 now, including Proton).

>Proton
Oh, you mean that Windows compatibility layer?
GNU/Linux is not for gaming. It is an operating system for power users, developers, and system administrators.

It is a little over half without Proton.

Debain, gentoo, ubuntu, fedora + dwm

Gen 2

its prob. mint xfce
the most retard friendly OS with the most retard friendly DE

Fedora is not retard prof.
it likes to break for no reason at all (well actually reason is that this is "testing red hat")
and it releases versions every 6months with short support for old versions.
mint is best for retards.

maybe he should use try linux for daily use first, getting to know how things works and terminal.
don't expect it can run everrything on linux even if it's a stable distro sometime it's just doesn't work or have a problem on some kind's computer

>whats enabling the non-free repo