New Thinkpads

>Lenovo now uses soldered on RAM for thinkpad T series
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T490s-T490-T590-Sleeker-designs-brighter-screens-but-less-flexibility.410641.0.html

Attached: 1539591135679.jpg (1920x1081, 207K)

>non-replaceable keyboard
>soldered on ram
lmao

Thinkpads are garbage, even the old ones. Get a rockchip SBC

into_le_garbage.tiff
it's been shit ever since the **30 series, when they introduced the hardware whitelists. Fuck lenovo and fuck these gay machines
t. T440p owner

>SBC
Literally: Suck Big Cock

ThinkPad
>thinking
>hard
>into
>nigger
>kocks
>penises
>assholes
>dicks

There ya go. Thinkpad

Attached: IMG_20190221_153525_040.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

What makes the keyboards non-removable?

Why do Thinkpads never get shat on for the constant shilling? Everything else does.

>le

Attached: 1539844163632.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

because Jow Forums are just contrarians

Attached: 1521250521211.jpg (1476x1126, 594K)

more like TardPad

they do, especially the newer ones and some older consumer ones because of just how "un-thinkpads" they are.
What made thinkpads thinkpads was their innovation, but now it's just taking the lazy way out.
They used to listen to criticism, but they stopped caring

Attached: 686da8e0.jpg (700x605, 57K)

Ok so if ThinkPads go in le fucking trash now, what are the next most Jow Forums laptops?

- that Dell range that was similar to ThinkPads?
- Toshibas?
- Fujitsus?

Or does everyone solder everything now for (((planned obsolescence)))?

Attached: 1549550425092.png (720x480, 283K)

look it up yourself

Older ThinkPad

literally useless. no battery life, slow as fuck hardware. useless unless all you do is facebook

no!
really? so there are no new ranges by any manufacturer that are serviceable like (or even somewhat like) classic Thinkpads?

Attached: 1512418341543.gif (400x300, 1.9M)

>Buying a new Chinkpad.

Just go for the ones /tpg/ recommends. They are good enough for most laptop users. And they are even upgradable.

Old thinkpads you retard

Nigger.

>What made thinkpads thinkpads was their innovation, but now it's just taking the lazy way out.
No, it was that they were cheap as fuck while being reasonable performers, and us NEETs could actually afford them.

unless you're playing full hd triple A games the older hardware works fine for anything a laptop does

You can buy new batteries chink

The hardware works just fine on ganoo / linucks

I compile all my c programs on my thinkpad x200 from 11 years ago

nice strawman, redditspacer

Attached: 1548970468833.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

Just looking at the image. It seems to have no indents indicating that you can remove the keyboard. At best, it might be the type where you have to take apart the entire thing to remove the keyboard.

If you don't want a cheap and good laptop then just stick with your desktop retard I'll be chilling with my $40 laptop that could probably out preform your garbage

>hates xx30 and newer
>owns t440p
sur,e I don't see any contradictions here

>cheap
>good
using an outdated piece of shit with less computing power than a rotten potato does not make you "cool" you redditautist

>us
Fuck off, I own Microsoft.

Toshiba died last year, tard.

Sorry, Mr. Gates. I didn't realize you posted here. Why aren't you off working to ensure an African population explosion?

only retards consider buying a non-used dankpad

> Gates
Nutella.

only retards who don't do actual work, can get by with a used thinkpad with potato tier computing power.

Who owns one PC nowadays? Thinkpad are great for business trips.

Nigger

Only reason I spaced that post was for bullet points retard if you look they all line up with your retarded "muh too old bad battury" bullshit enjoy paying $2500 for 5 year old hardware I'll enjoy my 10 year old shit for $40

Nutella is just a placeholder, a man to keep his Indian brothers in line.

ITT: hipsters without a real job praising old useless junk

Nobody wants chink batteries when the battery life is shit even with a genuine battery

>new thinkpads
literally no point in buying anything older than 2014 rn
i5/i7, 8gb ddr3, and a 256 ssd is all you'll ever need from a laptop
fucking fight me

*younger, not older
fuck

Ist there any company left who doesn't do that Shit?

i think i need a ssd. windows 7 takes like a minute to boot from hibernation

why doesnt someone make a chinkshit thinkpad clone?
obviously they wouldn't have the enterprise clout of lenovo, but a small run like the GPD wouldn't be impossible either

Attached: DSC_0080.jpg (2605x2152, 663K)

because thinkpads are the bare minimum with high quality, you make a chinkshit version and the inter i4.5 would prob spontaneously self immolate every time you forget a semicolon

This. And don't forget the sellers could install backdoor on those cheap laptops

Attached: 1550970689985.jpg (849x1200, 390K)

Imagine using a cucked Win 10 installation on your eBay T410. Install Linux and stop being a nigger

Everything up to the T440 has a socketed CPU you brainlet. Multiple drive bays for SSD(s) and/or HDD(s). Swappable RAM because it's not a fucking Mac. Unless you need a GTX 1070 because "much vidya", you'll be perfectly fine.

Stop using Win 10 with 59 FaceBook tabs norman, and look into *minimalist software*

Found the Macfag.
Did you type this in Starbucks user?

>you're using it wrong!

>this much damage control for old garbage

>1215+804
>buying a new thinkpad

how many cores are on these things? I've heard 9th gen i7 will be 8/8; maybe ulw will go 6/12... maybe?

All laptops are the same shit.
I can't wait manufacturers to cover internals in compound for "better thermal performance".

cpus are literally named. learn to google.

>Finally making non-garbage screens the standard
That's good at least.

Rip ofc.
Right now It's as same as some Clevo. Maybe Clevo is even better.

Into the trash it goes.

its half your hard disk, half windows 7
if you're going to commit to the windows meme upgrade to windows 10, startup and performance has improved a lot in the past couple years, make sure you have 8gb of RAM minimum tho

lemote yeelong

>potato tier
bruh an i5, 8gb of ram, and a solid state is everything you'd ever need out of a laptop, even if its 4 generations old
if you think you need anything more you're either wrong or in a field that requires rendering or cad work

sauce

Why the fuck would Lenovo do something like this? don't they know who their customers are?

I guess it's time to check that Dell "developer" laptop

nah, it's 2019 and they're still shipping HD screens

>everything you'd ever need
if you're a NEET who does nothing other than shitposting and youtube

Dell Latitudes are gud

I have an i5 X220. Put in an SSD, more RAM and removed windows.

Does everything I need and looks cyperpunk AF

some people are ok with two decade computers, I personaly like some thinkpads A and E series. Just don't buy their obvious expensive jew computers for COMPANIES, not individuals. Most of these laptops are ok if you buy like 50.

t. Jew myself

>looks
confirmed mental midget who doesn't do much, if any, work on his laptop

Goldenboy ecchi. Protip: you can use the arrow next to the post number to do an instant image source, newfag.

At my "actual work" I use a T60 and spin up an EC2 instance whenever I need compute power.

yep, this is why my business said no to them. into the trash lenovo goes.

xiaomi laptops are based

>Has a soldered on DIMM plus a slot to upgrade
That's not nearly as bad as "only soldered" like mactoddlers have.
Everyone here got baited by your exaggerated headline.

Somehow that almost sounds worse, you just end up having mismatched ram because you can't change what's soldered down.

>It seems that Lenovo prioritized sleeker designs over flexibility with the newest T ThinkPads,
But, but... event the "sleek" X1 has interchangeable RAM.

I don't know where you got that from but it doesn't and never has.

Get a latitude then. They always have been better.

You are allowed to hate your own hardware, user

thinkpadds where always crap. Clevo is better than them.

I found a new p50 in the closet a while ago. I got sick and bought it and forgot it. I no longer am doing the path I was before I got sick.

It's riced out with a 4k screen (terrible waste), 64GB RAM (I was sick), and the Xeon and Quadro.
I browse the internet now. I dunno what to use it for.

But I kinda want to buy an upgrade like whatever is the newest top of the line portable workstation. Lenovo thinkpad or Dell Lattitjusude?

7nm from AMD, 10nm from Intel; I dunno

You're forgetting that ram dies, and dies often.

>Ram dies
>Often
That's not how it works.

Just bought a new t480 which still has removable ram

X200 was the last real thinkpad.

it is, ram is one of the major points of failure in a computer, soldered ram is planed obsolescence.

Stop binge buying stuff, won't make you feel better.

won't this cause them to lose corp contracts since simple fixes can't be done in house anymore?

Is it the last one with proper keyboard?

If they all ship with 16gb ram to begin with, theY might as well solder it, the rest of the laptop will be outdated before the ram.
Taking away the replacement keboards is silly.

I don't think the soldered RAM will be an issue here.
RAM hardly ever fails and companies hardly even upgrade RAM anymore (not even on 8 year old desktops)

I think the harder to replace keyboard is a real issue here though, that's something that fails often.

The worst thing is: cooling will be utter shit now.
Enjoy throttling at 700Mhz

The new x series look pretty sweet.

Thinkpad screens have been awesome for years:
- higher nits than nearly all competitors.
- very good anti-glare.
- choices include higher resolutions and touch if you need that.

>but...but...the bottom the the range cheapest model is only FHD
Well, don't but that then ;)

Latitudes are still decently serviceable.

The keyboad also poses a problem for European user that want to buy or sell the laptop in another country. When armatures try to replace keycaps, some of them will damage the keyboard.

Who cares? There's no proper amd lineup, so they can do with the ram whatever they want.

Didn't Lenovo come out with the A series Thinkpads a while back?

Merged with T series, and also have the 50Wh battery+1 DIMM for the T495 and 57Wh+0 DIMM for T495s

So no more point

>I think the harder to replace keyboard is a real issue here though, that's something that fails often.
yeah although that repair would probably be shipped off anyway
guess modularity has gone into the trash unless you're buying portable workstation class machines

yes, the ryzen one looks nice, but there's a lockup bug in bugzilla.kernel that looks nasty, it seems to be that AMD doesn't care because it would need to release 'confidential' data.
Not to mention that bug means it'll freeze when let in idle if using linux, As always, Lenovo BIOS updates are a cluster fuck. You also have to pay extra to get dual channel ram, 1 slot with 8gb will be more expensive than 2 slots with 4 gb. Like, *THAT* it's a jewish trick.

Don't know if I want to pay like 900/1400 bucks for a laptop that doesn't even have a dedicated gpu (like some 600/800$ laptops).

Attached: 1445528880689.png (287x284, 54K)