Is Samsung aware that Huawei has the far superior product?

Attached: HUAWEI-Mate-X-2-.jpg (2000x1333, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businesswire.com/news/home/20180405005492/en/Samsung-Bioepis-Settles-Patent-Disputes-AbbVie-Clearing
reuters.com/article/dysontechnology-idUSLD64172920090213
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc._v._Samsung_Electronics_Co.
anandtech.com/show/10290/nvidia-samsung-settle-all-patent-infringement-disputes
youtu.be/BwVZ_tPryDc
wccftech.com/oppo-10x-zoom-5g-smartphone-mwc-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DO WANT
Price?

Oppo has something that looks almost exactly like the Mate X.
But the size is a little different, I think it would be better open for video, but its pretty wide when closed.

Faggot link the product. Just adding a picture doesn't show a real product. We need specs and a price.

Not that guy but its the Huawei Mate X.
5g
4500mAh
Kirin 980
I don't remember the other shit.

Its like $2600

Attached: Huawei Mate X First Look.webm (1280x720, 914K)

Attached: Huawei Mate X First Look3.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

pf-fpfoldable fonnee...!!

Attached: d27.png (940x729, 247K)

>Its like $2600
Can't wait a few years until they actually become viable and not just gimmicks and for a reasonable price.

Kek saved

So meme phone is even more expensive than the samsung one? At least link the aliexpress one from the chinese botnet.that one is actually cheap.

>plastic screen
>superior to anything

>being such a cuck

Attached: 1522009230815.png (354x354, 94K)

>Samsung Fold
>small front-side screen with giant bezels
>unfolded tablet screen has a giant side notch for cameras
>weird wedge space between the folded screens
>cost almost 2000 bucks

>Huawei mate x
>huge bulge on the side when the phone is unfolded
>unequal screens
>awkward transition between one screen to unfolded mode, since you're running your fingers on the other screen while it's still displaying something
>plastic screen has a crease in the middle while unfolded
>costs even more than the Samsung

They're both shit and both overpriced for what they offer.

>no headphone jack
Crumple it up and right into the trash

1 yuan has been deposited in your account

Is huewei marketing aware their products will be banned everywhere but 3rd world ?

>Steals Samsung's technology
>Installs backdoor and charges more for the device
The absolute state of chink land

>Chinks: We can make foldable displays, how do we utilise it?
>Steve Jobs: Would foldable displays be something people would want if we invented it?

Steve Jobs thought of this in 2010 and realised it was shit. This will be a total failure.

Sad thing is that Tim Cook will probably copy it

>plastic screen is outward when closed
yup this is gonna be trash

Attached: https_%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fim.jpg (960x960, 39K)

Timmy does whar Sammy does.

Attached: 1522593532250.jpg (607x1539, 279K)

cant wait for Hoberman sphere phones

did he? I feel like there should be some opposition to foldable displays from the staff of smartphone manufacturers but they still pushed ahead with it because consumers are retarded

Samsung told everyone they stole their folding tech a few months ago.

Not to mention, worse specs, and having the large folding screen on the OUTSIDE of the phone is 100% going to have more scratches and damage than what samsung is doing with the large screen inside and protected.

And samsung is ~$500-600 cheaper while NOT being chink-shit.

>Samsung told everyone they stole their folding tech a few months ago.
karmas a bitch lol

Based and Redpilled

Karma for what?

Hauwei literally can't do anything themselves, the only reason they can compete at all is due to chinese government backing and the obvious corporate espionage china's government commits to gain technology.

Samsung stole from various companies; Apple and Dyson to name a couple
of course they aren't as bad as the chinks but still

lmao, source?

businesswire.com/news/home/20180405005492/en/Samsung-Bioepis-Settles-Patent-Disputes-AbbVie-Clearing

reuters.com/article/dysontechnology-idUSLD64172920090213

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc._v._Samsung_Electronics_Co.

anandtech.com/show/10290/nvidia-samsung-settle-all-patent-infringement-disputes

youtu.be/BwVZ_tPryDc

why

Ah yes, samsung paying money for using someone else's tech is EXACTLY the same thing as huawei carbon copying them by stealing their tech BEFORE THEIR PRODUCT EVEN RELEASES. And then goes on to never pay a cent to samsung for it.

Totally identical situations.

Please tell me you're some type of mentally disabled, or just hate koreans for some reason, because if you think these situations are in anywhere comparable you're out of your mind.

I already said chinks were worse Mr Kim, calm down, Samsung are hardly saints though
also they pay only after getting called out and going to court

Samsung on suicide watch.

Attached: huawei-mate-x-5.jpg (710x697, 157K)

fuck i miss my nexus 4. perfect size for my non lanklet piano finger hands

>huge bulge on the side
but that's ingenious on their part man. the 5g antenna is huge, that bulge would allow for bigger camera setups which would result in a big improvement for pics and videos. you might fit in more stuff than that.
for reference OPPO designed a new camera tech
>wccftech.com/oppo-10x-zoom-5g-smartphone-mwc-2019/

>samsung
>fold up phone and put in pocket
>screen is protected

>huawei
>fold phone inside out and put in pocket
>soft plastic screen destroyed after a week

Just wait for Apple to perfect the design.

Attached: 1495212773175.jpg (1237x1800, 121K)

banned by trump based

>no headphone jack
DOA

>used as a negotiation token until trade deal is made
ftfy

>laughs in Chinese
orange man can't negotiate.

time will tell

Ah yes, that's why he's backing off on the tariff increase he said was gonna happen.

>Investors in China cheered the news, sending its stock market up more than 5 percent.

>Despite the progress touted by Mr. Trump, the Chinese have still yet to make written commitments to any of the core issues that the president mentioned in his tweet, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

>delay=/=back off
tariffs are always on the menu, Chang. NoKo talks first, Winnie the Pooh summit at Mar-a-lago later. both are related, as you know. thumbscrews will tighten if it won't end up well. now can you stop claiming victory when no one fully commit to anything? neither won right now, let the chinks celebrate the news today and have a breather until le orange man. China is a valuable trade partner for the US and vice versa.

also
>Mr. Trump
don't get too cocky or you lose in an instant.

>APPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PATENT ROUND EDGES REEEEE
You applefags are insufferable

$2600 for the privilege of being spied on my commies.

Exactly what I was thinking. These things are shit.

I kind of like both phones. The Huawei has the good, large front screens and just a more practical design, while the Samsung can be folded into a "laptop".

Why would you buy this when you can have a Galaxy S8 and a proper $1000 PC and $1000 car

why?

hyperbole.

either there will be screen protectors for both of these things that somehow folds with the screen or they are both going to end up looking scratched to shit after a month

But this is an issue I have with phones in general. Every time one is introduced it's touted for being so sleek and thin and stylish knowing that the phone is essentially fragile beyond usability without adding on cases and screen protectors, rending the thing nothing like it's design. It's celebrating the release of a car engine with wheels and no body. There's got to be some word (probably German) for apathy toward an ostensibly exciting thing due to the impracticality of said thing.

Anyone have a non-meme answer on how long before foldable displays stop being a novelty trinket tier? I'm thinking 5-6 years.

Weltschmerz?

>Apple: hold my beer

Does this mean Apple will premiere their foldable phone in 2020 and MSRP it at $3499?

Man these huawei fellas sure have gotten good at this stealing thing.

Assuming they address the creases and scratches, they'll only make sense when either:

a. They figure out how to have it fold out into something roughly rectangular so that a useful aspect ratio is gained (think the Westwork trifold devices)

b. Apps start to be designed that make sense in a square aspect ratio. Not just squeezed into it but such that they only really shine in a square format. Right now only things like maps benefit greatly from a square shape. Everything else has been so optimized for a traditional phone screen that they might work well, but won't make square "indispensable."

So that screen will break super quick from all the folding right?

Yes

The apps can just use the tablet layout when it's unfolded, and phone layout when folded.

Looks like that prototype could probably be folded maybe 20 or 30 times before breaking.

Looks terrible

Surely the Chinese wouldn't cheat and mislead the public into thinking that it's a durable product?

Most importantly websites have to be designed for normal sized screens again.

No point folding out your phone just to have black bars on the sides with just some marrow text in the middle.

>the ironic part when websites are going to have to be designed for actual screens again and not primarily around zoomers looking at them with 5 inch phone screens

The bulge also makes it much easier to hold it one-handed.

Only problem is that it's on the right, most people prefer to hold their phone with their left hand.

folding phones are a MEME

why samshit decided to fold screen inwards?
now they have a gap like surface notebook and wasting resources putting a third screen.

will it crack when drop?

The point is that no one will "have to have" the thing if there isn't a compelling reason to use it in folded open form. Even tablet layouts for apps presume a rectangular screen so a square one will be be OK at best unless they develop apps where people are like "Oh shit, this works so much better as a square," which flies in the face of pretty much the history of modern computing.

Probably to protect the folding screen.

It will be interesting to see how they will hold up in the real world.
I am glad they went for two very different designs, I see it as an experiment.

to protect the more expensive higher resolution and higher quality main screen.

>huge bulge on the side when the phone is unfolded
I would imagine it would make the phone easier to hold as you would have something bulkier to wrap your fingers around.

I think the trifold option is the only way it'll really take off, and it'll need to be hinged, not foldable plastic that will crease and crack. With the right design, a very minimal seam where they fold out would be preferable to me at least. I know this is from a show but in principle, aim for this concept over flimsy shit that will scratch. The only issue with seams would me watching movies/TV but some tricks with the lighting on the edges where they meet could give the illusion of them mostly vanishing. (Think of a hairline crack in the screen of a phone that you can see while it's off but almost vanishes when the screen is on.)

Attached: ww.gif (480x270, 1.99M)

Would be cool if they had rectangular camera sensors to match the rectangular screens.

Rectangular sensors make the best out of the tiny image circle.

Did your mommy make this shitty image for you? Fucking faggot you are (like Timmy).

t. assblasted mactoddler

>samsung s6
>ip68 certification
Low quality shitposting, at least do your research

Aren't majority of camera sensors 4:3?

That's a silly way of folding though.
It should fold in a zig-zag pattern instead:

- much faster to fold/unfold, requiring a single smooth hand movement (can even do it one-handed if you are cool and not a nerd)
- right-most screen stays visible, so you can use it in folded state.
- both hinges can be small and simple instead of left hinge having to reach over right screen.

is it that hard to make phone mode not have a bunch of unused space? At least this is better than Samsung's but still

3:2 I think.
desu I never use a phone camera.

maybe they're banking on the retards getting tired of the gimmick before they break it

How funny would it be if this could fold more often before breaking than a Macbook Pro?
I'll bet it's also easier than cheaper to replace the screen.

>Sony comes out with their own folding phone
>called the katana
>folded over 10,000 times
When?

Attached: 1506414768173.jpg (480x467, 19K)

mildly chuckle, take this (you)

Attached: artworks0002679317546w0eevt500x500.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>No headphone jack
>Design prone to screen smashing
>Literally made using stolen Samsung tech, and will never be sold outside China as a result
>Software is Chinese spyware

No thanks chinkanon.

If "folding" is the next big thing I literally couldn't give a fuck and just use my S6 til they bother to invent some groundbreaking tech.

This. Without meme glass shit, screens will be easy as shit to replace, not that you would need to replace even 1% as often seeing as they don't shatter.

who? most people are right handed, I'd assume most people use their dominant hand

>most people prefer to hold their phone with their left hand
citation fucking needed

People with large phones hold in their left and tap with their right. Only manlets use their right with their tiny one-hand phones.

i'm right handed but have no problem holding my nexus 7 tablet in either hand
not everyone does things the way that you do, you enormous faggot

>huawei mate
How do you pronounce this?

Is there any real-world difference between a 4 core SoC and an 8 core SoC? I'm in Burgerland and I'm still on a Droid Turbo with an archaic SD 805 that drains the shit out of my battery, that being said I'd like a phone with a massive battery and the G7 Power ticks off all my boxes even though Motorola has been shit as of lately. Is the SD 632 a good improvement over the SD 805 and would the G7 Power be better than the Droid Turbo?