or poof raffizle
this man had given us great works.
some of my personal favorites
youtube.com/watch?v=HPVCi90GVzs&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=thEIw3bsB6Q&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=9rUDleWHAA4

Attached: lad.png (867x637, 695K)

I’d rather discuss why you are possibly the most unfunny and cringe poster here

Attached: 47129BE6-D1B5-4081-8A3B-C02DC866F065.jpg (768x768, 71K)

hello pot my name is kettle how are you today

what?

Attached: 8D0E8672-4F59-48CB-BF60-4A5ABE5EA899.jpg (1000x1000, 373K)

Attached: C350183A-FA89-46C5-B405-324E3FA02366.jpg (288x252, 33K)

based and ashleypilled

very based
this is not true

Nice we got the entire underage squad here

Attached: 1818391C-73F0-4A06-9FEB-0752AFA0BB40.jpg (1536x2172, 386K)

why are there multiple shill threads for some fag from d**cord

Memeboi is bored and uncreative

This whole thread needs to be ABIBed

please stop calling me black mr pot

Attached: lad cringe.png (500x443, 185K)

i never say it
but cringe
srsly prrrrrrr

cringe post by a cringy poster

based doc

unbased, but incredibly redpilled

sick

cringe zoomer npc unoriginal fag normal fag cancer

Attached: lad 2.png (732x495, 631K)

How many buzzwords can you fit in one sentence lmao

Attached: A592B6EE-B403-4273-B0CE-575E9EE07718.jpg (1366x768, 134K)

you on the right

Attached: pot-kettle-black.jpg_c200.jpg (200x200, 3K)

What did cringeboi mean by this?

Attached: 8BA5F247-7458-4715-B427-B8C71731ABD1.jpg (320x120, 19K)

sorry but thats a yikes for me

Attached: lad 6.png (373x331, 233K)

*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*
*dabs*
*whips*
*nae naes*

Attached: 154C58BE-4F12-4F52-B187-46E8596C5E48.jpg (800x450, 127K)

go suck a dick somewhere else dumb nigger

STOP POSTING MEEE

fucking based

based

>quads

Attached: lad 3.png (900x470, 687K)

Oh shit nigga you just got roasted

Attached: 20181001_055241.png (369x427, 122K)

What?

Attached: 388A29AC-CF0C-4500-9B6F-26369298FD4F.jpg (1008x1008, 196K)

This
Boooo get better material
Based
Based

Attached: (1036).jpg (359x347, 29K)

Holy shit basedkari

Attached: 0D4E3CCF-4464-467B-A973-4DBAE56993E8.jpg (1000x1200, 130K)

Who the fuck is this ugly girl?

"The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiomatic expression to denote hypocracy in the accuser

But I’m not a pot

Some roasty

with a face like that, no wonder SSP felt compelled to sexually assault his niece

shit material for shit board lmao you have an ugly voice btw
cringe

Attached: 48239842-9834.png (490x320, 285K)

I'M NOT SSP

It's metaphorical. Just like how someone says cool off. They are not saying that you should decrease your body temperature, they are saying you should get mad. If someone says "it's raining cats and dogs " then they don't mean that it is literally raining cats and dogs , they just mean it is raining very heavily. These things are called idiomatic expressions.
K

ok

i don't get the point here
is this guy you ? or... ?
anyway.. i cringe with the relation rational debate of the vid.
a guy joking a girl boy love, seems..
the voice is just pure north english, something its society indoctrinated him as.

It must be nice to be Ashleyfag. He learns something new every day

Btw I haven't been on bant too much recently but I'm sure you're the new best poster on here

I knew what idiomatic expressions were already, I’m not that retarded. My posts are just layered with so many layers of irony that it’s impossible to tell if I’m being sincere or not anymore. At least when I’m phoneposting

Attached: 48CEB71F-B355-43B5-A17F-6CBB68F4CD2D.png (500x636, 76K)

Based.

He also doesn't like his photo meme'd

I was waiting for you to say something like this

Attached: 1529603068551.png (244x226, 2K)

and you felt the need to tell me this because?

Merely pretending

Attached: 87663C84-2DA3-4390-8161-0F989E9158A2.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)

He only has 200 words in his vocabulary but he uses those 200 words with the same lyrical depth as Shakespeare

I'M NOT SSP

r8 my essay on TFA
Tragic heroes are main characters in a story that endure suffering for the greater good of others despite manifesting major flaws. One example of a tragic hero from a past story is Oedipus from Oedipus Rex. Oedipus exemplifies this role because he suffers from the frequent tragic flaw of pride and tries to save the city he rules over. Oedipus shares many similarities to Okonkwo from Things Fall Apart, who also shows similar qualities for being a tragic hero. Okonkwo is a tragic hero because of the suffering he endures during the story, the fact that he is a respected leader in the tribe, and because of his eventual failure from trying to save his tribe.
Okonkwo is a tragic hero because he practically rules over his tribe and exhibits the tragic flaw of pride. It is explained many times in the story that Okonkwo is a respected ruler in Umuofia because of his masculinity and hard-working nature. The story exclaims, “He was a wealthy farmer and had two barns full of yams, and he had just married his third wife” (8). This well-respected nature of Okonkwo is supported by the fact that many past tragic heroes play important roles in the setting or society they live in. This position of power he is in leads to the tragic flaw he exhibits, which is pride. This is the most common flaw among tragic heroes, as pride sets up for a complete deconstruction of a character’s motives and ideals by the end of the story. For Okonkwo, an example of his pride being shown is when the story explains Okonkwo’s troubling start to his own farmland. The story says that it rained violent torrents, yet Okonkwo never gave up on his farm. As a result, he says”’Since I survived that year,’ he always said, ‘I shall survive anything’” (24). This major asset of his character is rooted deep in his desire to not end up as his father, which arguably might have happened in at the end of the novel. His pride as a result of

Attached: Ashley 202.png (493x512, 113K)

his constant desire to be respected upmost as a leader is a core reason as to why he is a tragic hero.
The secondary reason as to why he is a tragic hero is because of his eventual downfall under the colonizers. The first event shown is his imprisonment by the District Commissioner. He alongside five other respected men were tricked and imprisoned by the commissioner, and were treated unfairly and severely while in jail. The story elaborates with, “The six men ate nothing throughout that day and the next. They were not even given any water to drink, and they could not go out to urinate or go into the bush when they were pressed. At night the messengers came in to taunt them and to knock their shaven heads together” (195). This serves greatly to his downfall, as Okonkwo clearly started to understand that neither he nor his clan were no match for the colonizers and their methods of combat. The last days of his life show how tragic heroes such as him always lose faith in the last moments of their lives and can do nothing but accept defeat. His last days of his life eventually lead to his end, that is very reminiscent of one a tragic hero would have. At the end of the story, the District Commissioner is led to Okonkwo’s compound to find “the three from which Okonkwo’s body was dangling” (207). This event also has callbacks to Unoka’s advice to Okonkwo from the beginning, as he says “‘A proud heart can survive a general failure because such a failure does not prick its pride. It is more difficult and more bitter when a man fails alone’” (25). This end is suitable for a tragic hero, because it shows how Okonkwo eventually suffered under the pressure of accepting defeat and the acceptance that he could not bring his tribe back.

Many people often say that Okonkwo is not a tragic hero mainly because of how he does not frequently perform heroic acts. The most prominent of his non-heroic acts are his frequent beatings of his wives. After hearing that one of his wives did not come home and prepare meal at the time, he went ahead and beat her on the sacred week of peace, an important event for the tribe. The book states, “He walked back to his obi to await Ojiugo’s return. And when she returned he beat her heavily. In his anger he had forgotten that it was the Week of Peace” (29).

This act alone broke the rules of the week of peace of being kind to your neighbor, and Okonkwo was punished for not following one of the culture’s main traditions. Although, the non-heroic acts he commits are simply overshadowed by how he serves his time to try and save his dying culture in the end. The primary example of this is how he constantly proposes to drive out the colonizers from Umuofia. Okonkwo understands that they are a threat to the tribe and proposes that, “The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our coan can no longer act like one” (176). This passage cemented in his character that despite how he acts, he truly does care for the clan deep down. The care that he shows for the clan shows how he is a hero for them, and connects to the idea that a tragic hero can be a leader of a community that they are actively trying to protect. Another example of this is how Okonkwo actually killed one of the messengers as a final attempt at saving his tribe. The book states that, “In a flash Okonkwo drew his machete. The messenger crouched to avoid the blow. It was useless. Okonkwo’s machete descended twice and the man’s head lay beside his uniformed body” (204). This event is the climax of Okonkwo’s resentment to the colonizers, and directly sent a message to them that he will not go down without taking one of them. This action shows how even during a time of general defeat for him, he still kept the part of a hero by fighting for the prosperity of his land one last time. Okonkwo’s non-heroic acts are more of a testament to his tragic flaw rather than him not being a hero in of himself, as they highlight his pride and demand for respect over others.

Okonkwo is a tragic hero because of his role as a leader in the tribe, the suffering he endures for the greater good, and how he overall served to protect the city that he lived in. These main factors are definitely supported by his actions such as being recognized as a leader for tribe meetings, the fact that he was forced to suffer under the colonizers, and how during the tribe’s final days he took his last stand to drive out the colonizers. The many correlations Okonkwo has towards past tragic heroes is still very apparent as well. After looking deep into his character, it is very simple to see how someone like Okonkwo can be compared to someone like Oedipus. Despite having drastically different stories, the two characters have similar personalities and aspects of their character. Okonkwo, even with slight deviations, follows the tried and true path of a tragic hero as well as many other figures in the past.

real cringe how you have to quote things in the book 0/10

If I don't I fail

This first part is very repetitive. It just talks about pride over and over again. I got that pride is a common flaw in tragic heroes the first time you did that.
>neither he nor his clan were no match
There is a double negative here, and it gives the idea that he is a match
Other than that pretty good.
This part is fairly good it has a bit of critical thinking

In general it is all right but it lacks conclusions and it isn't very deep . I think you spent too much time summarizing the story and not enough time using the idea of tragic hero to come with a conclusion. Why is it that tragic heroes are a common archetype? And why was okonkwo's status as a tragic hero important to the culture that told the story.

Thanks I submitted this like a month ago yet still never got a response on how I did. I do have trouble going into deeper topics like that without deviating too much from the actual story but I'll see next time. Maybe I'll send mine on Julius Caesar in like a few weeks

Attached: Ashley 61.jpg (800x1066, 472K)

who knew a dumb repetitive avatar fag on Jow Forums could be such a intellectual irl

Attached: 1530023039441.png (332x332, 148K)

idk man

Attached: Ashley 173.png (371x406, 214K)