General Discussions

Actual civil and nice thread

> Ask questions
> Get some advice from experienced people.
> Don't take anything as facts and always weight out the options yourself
> Argue by bringing arguments to the table ( prefferably with sources/examples )

Generally friendly/full of advice thread
---------------------------
I'll start, I am a 22 year old fullstack developer that gets $40k/year in Romania.

> PC RIG:
Ryzen 2700x
32GB Ram
2Tb HDD
1Tb SDD
GTX 1080 Ti ( undeclocked because I don't really use it most of the time, I train some NN on it sometimes so I get it back to normal when I need to )

> My Country:
I know $40k isn't much by Western standards, or even European standards, it's roughly how much a simple street cleaner makes in Germany.
But the thing is, I'm Romania we have RON which is approximately 0.21 EUR.
Imagine that if you have something that is 1EUR in Germany ( food ), here it's 1RON, so I am roughly getting 4 times the value.

> Living :
Living here is super cheap, I live with my parents ( upgraded the house ), I have my own floor that I share with my girlfriend, and I alone can cover all our expenses ( including my parents ), 2 story house, (1 bathroom + 4 rooms + 1 living) for both floors.
I am still in university ( waste of money, unless you want some generic job )

> How I make money :
I usually just get recommended from client to client, to achieve this it's as simple as offering them good services and then they just recommend you themselves, I have a couple of friends that barely know web-design and I pass them jobs, whilst taking 10% of the cut, it works out for all of us since I help them if they need help.
Usually I develop software, sometimes in something "professional" like wxWidgets, other times in something less "professional" like electron.js ( I know it's not that good, but oh well )

What are you guys working? Do you have any programming questions? Get some advice from others here

Attached: pepe_comfy.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wherever I typed $ imagine it's €

sorry

Attached: pepe_Sweat.png (646x595, 280K)

Seems like you've made it, are you happy? Also what language should I learn, I'm just starting

Attached: 7d00709.jpg (782x494, 68K)

> Are you happy?
Girlfriend has a 9/10 personality, 9/10 body.
Parents don't have to work 3 jobs no more
I make enough money from 3/7 days of work to sustain my family, and also have enough money to gift to loved ones to take time off and spend it, since I don't really need anything.

I'd say I have a pretty calm/good life :)

> --------------------------
> Where to start?

#1. Get the basics down, how computer memory works, some basic electrical engineering, learn binary, learn hex, learn all the basics ( google them if you want )

#2. Learn how extremely simple C++ code works and the idea behind it, here's an example
#include // Learm why we use this

// learn the syntax, this right here is in 90% of the languages more or less the same
int main () {

int a; // learn variable types

cout > a;
cout

Attached: Pepe_Happe.jpg (720x690, 56K)

> I missed a "

Attached: Suicide.jpg (709x765, 39K)

Neat blog, faggot

I really wish I had the cool kind of autism :(

hai noroc

> years of experience?
> why webdev and not something else - C++ as per your example, let's say?

xd

Worked hard, thanks

> years of experience
Started programming young, as "14" years old, honestly missed out on a lot of shit that you'd do as a kid, I am not implying that i was 24/7 programming but it has been my passion ever since and I have never stopped

> Why webdev and not something else
Keep at webdev if you want to or feel comfortable it surely has it's place, but my point is that it's not even as efficient as low end code, and it's super forgiving and allows for a lot of hacky slow "features" instead of forcing you to do it the "correct way".

An example would be C++ vs javascript, while doing any kind of file writing ( nodejs ), in nodejs it calls 100000 functions whilst C++ simply accesses what it needs and closes the file whenever, javascript has no idea when to close it most of the time.

I HIGHLY suggest nodejs simply because you can call other languages from it and has super good multi tasking. You can literally make 1000^100000 with javascript, how? Just call a haskell code snippet using 1 of the nodes, then make a promise with the response.

Attached: grrr.jpg (1280x1024, 252K)

How can you be so comfy? It shows that money doesn't buy happiness. I make 75k USD in a low CoL area in the USA so I keep most of my money but life is boring. I just follow the same routine daily and I stopped programming for fun. Even vidya is a chore. I had more fun back when I first discovered Linux and was ricing and learning new things every day. I would do random projects in random languages just to learn. That was when I had no income since I was a uni student

Attached: 1546615274083.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

so i'm on the last stage of finishing my degree (advanced network, beep beep ips and stuff)

on my intern place i have pushed to do DevOps work, i need to look at all the stages of the development chain (dev, tests, ci/cd, monitor, alarms etc etc) and in the end decide on what tools we will be implementing.

now my problem is that i know very little in on the deploy any app rly, i'm a server guy, router guy, Ap guy, wtf is all this dev work bullshit i got myself into.

anyway, wondering if you guys have any good reads on the pros and cons of said applications, most of the stuff i found online only list the basic stuff that its on said apps websites, witch doesnt help me....

i have been pushed***, i honestly though i would be doing some server deployment and config on networks...but oh well

What books do i read if i want to get into programming? I want to learn java first.

Try "Introduction to object oriented programming in Java" by Thomas Wu - its a nice book explaining a lot of stuff

Is it good for beginners who knows nothing about coding?

hey
>don't touch python until the very end
shit.

How does one improve his programming skills with self learning ?

I'm thinking of purchasing samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/

Could anyone here give me reasons why I shouldn't buy this (not including VA panel issues, I'm fine with those)?

Its easy, we are simply tbe poos of europe so a couple of bux an hour is big monwy. Thats why we work as farmers on WOW and steal scrap metal in the Uk.
We don't scrub British toilet though, we are leaving that to the Polish toilet freinds

I know a couple of IT fags personally who are doing very well for themselves, and I'm thinking of learning how to code and manage servers to land a decent job, since I work minimum wage and I'm sick of it.
Do you have to be a child prodigy to enter the field? I know how to assemble computers and install windows and that's about it. Where should I start before I find a course? Should I learn the basics of Java, c++, python?
Can you be at least an average worker if you are a brainlet?

Its not impossible, but you will have to go through the "mentoring " process with some older men who have been in the industry for a while. If they take you under their wings then you will make enough connection to get in the industry. They will do many sex things to your body but thats how a lot of boys start. And maybe one day you will be the one peeing in an apprentice mouth. Either way its better than cleaning British toilet lol huh

well for one it says gamming monitor...
most of the ppl that actually tried curved monitors says its nothing rly especial
why you you ever what to adjust the screen refresh rate? 144hz is the way to go, no1 is changing them on the fly.

honestly, in my eyes you are overpaying for stuff you wont use and it hyped by the GaYmIng community for no reason.

its your money, but i bet you can get better deals for far less.

also useless RBG on the back for some reason

If i remember correctly, yes.

It's not a waste of money, but it seems extremely extravagant and you should double check if you really need all those premium features (I'm thinking 144 Hz, curves, etc.)