>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zJzMt-ihsHw
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-56/4034vs3938
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4034vs3933
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Well to be fair, it's B-die AND a 2x16GB kit.
Well, you get what you pay for. I just wouldn't pay that much, personally.
you posted exactly after I posted , but thank you for the feedback.
>msi-finally-added-offset-mode
Well, that's a bit disappointing. It's a voltage offset, rather than a clock speed one. I've managed to get my 2600 "stable" at 4.0ghz @ 1.275V. It crashed once it goes up to 85-90% usage, so I've been running it at stock speeds for some time now. Performance decrease is measurable but it's not that dramatic. What offset should I set up if I want 20-30W TDP at idle? It went to 100W TDP when at 70-90% load when OC and I'm fine with that.
>they won't help with automatic frequency scaling with manual OC
That's fine as long as I don't see a 60W TDP at idle with 4.0ghz at 1.275V
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go.
Pic related is my ram. I'll post the recommended Ryzen Dram Calculator settings in another post, and I'll mark the settings that need to be changed. Could you help me with that?
Thanks, again!

Attached: 1534065043126.jpg (640x640, 113K)

>Pic related is my ram.
oops, sorry about Keanu. Here's my ACTUAL ram.

Attached: snap24112018214241.png (482x650, 32K)

Got a leftover Kaby Lake board, what to do with it? (B250 mITX)

What kind of fps difference would a 2600x have vs a 2600 at 3.9v. Talking 1440p 60fps here.

Yeah, with that RAM do try the timings I posted in the other thread, I had an similar kit that ran fine with those. Also forgot to mention that you can not just up those timings I mentioned, but also try running the RAM at 3333MHz for example.
But do it by steps, try timings first, check with memtest86 if they are okay and than try upping the frequency.

You already have the kit, there's no point in not trying to get the most out of it.
Plus I ran it at 1.360V, on my MSI motherboard, I needed to manually put it to 1.370V so that it will actually be 1.360V once booted. That's the XMP voltage for most memory anyways, so it won't hurt it.

At 60 fps, none, except in ass creed because its a shit port

>at 3.9v
What are you doing? I hope you meant GHz. Clock by clock the 2600X and 2600 are identical. X is tested to be higher yield silicon and supports PBO.

At 3.9v, well, both would be fried.

I meant GHz lel

Here it is.
Where's the BankGroupSwap option? I can't seem to find it.

Attached: ramsetup.png (1040x730, 69K)

So I bought a monitor for $150 last week on amazon and it's still on "preparing for shipment" status. Today I checked the price of the monitor and it's up to $170 now.
Will they charge me the extra $20 bucks or is the price locked to $150?

Attached: 1548900287238.png (720x719, 394K)

Of course not. You didn't pay accept to pay for more.

>i9 9900K

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

They shouldn't. You've got an invoice, right?
You're only paying the price that's stated in the invoice.

PowerDown, BankGroupSwap and GearDownMode are all in the BIOS, disable them all there.
I don't know how accurate the calculator actually is, since I remember the BIOS actually put some better/lower timings for some things automatically when I lowered the main ones. So I'd first test leaving everything else on auto and just changing the ones I mentioned, plus the three Down/Swap things and the manual voltage, not changing everything the calculator tells you to.

1.5v cool story bro. you dont understand what you are posting

Only someone posting a anime girl can ask something this silly.

Yea, the invoice says $150.
Sorry, this never happened to me before.

I've made a mistake. According to typhoon, my ram is single rank.
Here's the updated numbers.

Attached: ramsetup2.png (1083x741, 72K)

So this would still be true for future gams around the time when ps5 comes out etc? I'd rather not upgrade to the next ryzen if I don't have to. I was hoping an upgrade from my 1070 to a 1080 or 1080ti would be enough.

i got a processor with poo on it, should i return it?

Attached: IMG_20190225_165444.jpg (1440x1920, 281K)

>Yea, the invoice says $150.
Do you have a tracking number. If you didn't get the package according to the delivery date, you should contact support.

Default clocks are different for each Vega version. Mine pushes 1621 on 7%. And I report the clockspeed as stated by HWinfo. It's also the reason I use % instead of fixed values. When I tried inputting the values it just wouldn't go there, but with % it'll go and just crash if it isn't stable. And I value my performance over heat mostly, and at this config (1621mhz at 1020mv) I'm at a sweet spot where it'll only go above 70ÂșC on a very hot day and with the case closed. I know it can consume even less power if I tweak it a little more, but the game I mostly play is Monster Hunter World at 1440p and I unfortunately can't run it on max settings, not even close.

In short, I'm running a pretty damn good OC/UV for my use case.

Idk i dont have a crystal ball. Ps5 will probably be underpowered shit like the ps4 was

Poozen

see Thanks.
you should complain to you retailer, sue AMD and accuse them of cultural appropriation.
Intel does have an Indian office, after all.

Attached: 1539451769980.jpg (480x600, 76K)

>muh 1.5 volts is why its a housefire

Attached: housefire i5.png (2001x1051, 189K)

>When I tried inputting the values it just wouldn't go there
That's the secret sauce to undervolting / overclocking Vega.
Well you're doing better than stock anyways, far better and if it works, guess why fix it.

Well I guess a more simple question would be, will a ryzen 2600 + 1080 be enough for 1440p 60fps over the next few years? I'm guessing a 1080ti would be enough but I'd rather not have to pay as much.

The status of the order has been "preparing for shipment" since the day I ordered it, so no tracking number yet.

Attached: 1452209307046.png (736x1024, 47K)

correct 9900k should be run below 1.3v

When did you order it?
If you bought it from a 3rd party seller you might get fucked.

There's a google spreadsheet of OC/UV Vega owners. Mine's at the upper end. And only because I want the overclock badly, else I'd just letting it sipping power.

I saw, but I'm gonna stick to the same post. I still remember that using those few values gave better automatic results latter checking in Ryzen Timings Checker than putting everything from the calculator straight into the BIOS.

I ordered it on wednesday, usually ships within 3 to 4 days is what it said.

Thanks amd defense force

Probably yeah

wait till wednesday, and then contact support if you still don't receive it by then. See what they have to say about it. If they can't ship it, they'll likely offer you a replacement or at least a 150$ gift card so that you can buy the monitor again. Good luck.

thanks

>>When I tried inputting the values it just wouldn't go there
>That's the secret sauce to undervolting / overclocking Vega.
I mean the secret sauce is finally figuring out how to use the numbers directly instead of the slider, after that you're golden.

Thank you.

Attached: 1551029351431.gif (400x224, 3.08M)

What mark had the most reliable hard drives?

Seagate, duh

doesn't matter still hot, still shit

Attached: 9900khousefire.png (1112x833, 74K)

it's good if you are not mentally challanged and dont overvolt it

Is the 2070 good for its price or should I just get 2060 and save some money?

Report back how it goes and if you have any trouble. Good luck.

i know nothing about motherboards so how comparable is the b450 tomahawk with the x470? the tomahawk is out of stock on amazon.

>Learn to save money and spend them carefully, you mongolian dipshit. You guys have stable economy and you can have stable income. It's way worse in Lithuania, because we barely can afford anything to buy or eat and our wages are worse than your.
Tell me about it. Wage is worse than all other more affluent countries. Prices are higher as well than other countries.
Truly the double whammy of life.
I always ask my friend "who are they selling it to, we make less and they up the price here?"

WHERE THE FUCK IS VEGA 56

it became obsolete when 2060 came out

>stock overvolt
the actual intelligence of intel users

Attached: 1547452383852.jpg (645x729, 51K)

It's currently on sale for under 300 Euros (don't let the NVshills tell you that they're sold out).

>stock overvolt
thats what some shitty bios and mobos will do as you have seen from the pics u post

X470 is suppose to be the better board. It's designed for OC'ing like a mad man so it costs more.

Stock, silicon is always overvolted. What's your point wojak man?

>it became obsolete when the slower and more expensive GPU came out
But muh RTX ON

>Is the 2070 good for its price or should I just get 2060 and save some money?
Does it look like it's worth the extra $70 or so dollars

Attached: rtx-2060-vs-rtx-2070-gaming-benchmarks.jpg (680x388, 34K)

would it be a good substitute for the tomahawk if im not oc'ing? was gonna use a 2600 and a 580

>the motherboards are overvolting, trust me

Attached: 1545069204932.jpg (550x549, 39K)

fuck off with your blower shit
>slower
keep saying that drone maybe you will believe it

b450 has less PCI-E lanes, mostly
manufacturers will use x470 as a gate for various features as well as their better VRM componentry
there is no rule that says a b450 board has do be worse at overclocking. strictly speaking, it's not. and some b450 boards actually perform better than their x470 $150 counterpart in that regard.
basically, it depends and it depends

is it worth selling my 1060 6gb and getting a 1070 from ebay?

>keep saying that drone maybe you will believe it
Even stock Vega 56 is faster than a 2060 by a slight margin. It's also 8GB.
Much faster if you actually bother tweaking the Vega 56.

I'm amazed at the absurd efforts that go into these pics.

either you are a shill or too retarded to do your actual research

It's like a $30 difference so yeah if your not paying too much of a difference.

>I'm amazed at the absurd efforts that go into these pics.
They're merely channeling their inner being.

Would a 360mm AIO in a push-pull configuration be better than an aftermarket heatsink?
I keep seeing people shit on AIOs, but I can't image one with that big of a surface area being bad.

Good AIOs are worth it. Shit AIOs are generally overpriced and the tower cooler equivalent is better. If anyone tried to claim otherwise, they are just butthurt at AIOs.
If you have the money, go for it. You will get better results than any tower cooler.

AIOs are as good as the best air coolers on the market and not that much more expensive. We don't like them too much because they introduce additional breaking points, an audible pump and move the actual cooling away from the VRMs, starving the power delivery for air.

A high quality noctua heatsink+fan will perform just as well but cheaper. If you're going to be using a rad that huge you may as well go full loop cooling.

cool

So my cousin, out of nowhere, looks like has a i7 930 with a GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2 lying around.
I will give him my z87 Pro V edition with an i7 4790 and get that mobo and a X5675 from Ali and OC the hell out of it, it should give me some advantages with multi threaded stuff like streaming and stuff compared to the i7 and some newer gaymes will work better, I guess.
Other than that, will I get limited by anything else? I will probably get PCIe cards for the stuff I will be missing, like front USB 3.0, maybe NVMe SSD (I already have a card for that) and SATA 6GB/s? That board also looks pretty good and non gaymar at all.
I will be losing the iGPU which I use for a 5th monitor, but I will get a 650 from him too, so I will probably hook all except my main monitor there.

Attached: file.png (800x800, 1.26M)

No need for push-pull, just use pull but make sure the space between the fan and rad is airtight.

Tower coolers move cooling away from VRMs too. At least with an AIO on the CPU, you can actually place additional cooling on the VRMs. So AIOs would actually be a better idea if you want to use better VRM cooling.
Pump noise is a meme. You won't hear it, unless you're using a open case.
I agree with breaking points, but usually I've upgraded by parts before the warranty has even ran out on one, that's around 5 years and includes parts being damaged by any leakage.

"No".
More expensive AIOs usually get at least a few degrees better than the best Noctua tower cooler.

All in all, AIOs are more expensive, with but with actual though little benefit. Go with your wallet.

I know that clock speed and number of cores/threads isn't the only thing that determines the true day to day performance of a processor, but how much difference would there be between a 2nd generation intel i7 cpu, and a 6th generation i5? Specifically 2600 i7 and 6500 i5.

>move the actual cooling away from the VRMs, starving the power delivery for air
So are AIOs or air coolers better for CPU overclocking?

>cool
I meant 30% hey.

Well, it didn't go well.
I'll try to do some more tweaking during the weekend. I'll have more time to mess around by then. Thank you for your input.

>Reposting from yesterday for more advice

My GTX 770 has started to shit the bed, but I don't have the money for a new computer. I was thinking of just replacing it with a newer low-end card, probably a RX 580 or GTX 1060 6GB. My computer's pretty old, built in 2013, so do you guys think it's a good idea? Will my CPU (i5-4670k) just bottleneck the card? Should I just save my money for a new computer?

Thanks for the help.

Attached: 1325358156213.jpg (1280x1684, 218K)

Delusional

Attached: vega btfo.png (1920x1080, 559K)

You can get a new card, make sure you have a powerful enough PSU to run it. This includes the neccessary PCIe power cables (AMD cards tend to need more power). The new GTX 1660ti seems to be a good dealn below that the RX580 seems to make sense.
Your i5 will hold you back in games a bit generally though, think about upgrading your entire PC in the near future.

Don't listen to him. Fps may be similar but the extra 2gb vram makes it worth for the future.

>bunch of random games
Post synthetics. If we talk about hardware, we compare hardware performance, not game performance that depend on developers, that are mostly Nvidia.
Look at the chart, most of the games that the 2060 exceeds in are Nvidia optimized titles, while the only AMD ones are the ones that the V56 scores the best in. Continence? Obviously not.

There are even games the Vega 56 beats a 1080 Ti in, maybe I should make a chart showing those games compared to a 1080 Ti, imagine what backlash that would cause.

Is this satire?

Attached: 1550779426023.gif (402x308, 12K)

Looking for a 1080p (144 Hz preferably) gaming pc.
I thought about:
>ryzen 5 (not sure which) - 2600?
>rx 570 or similar / gtx 1050ti
>16gb ram
>2tb hdd
>motherboard - not sure, budget/mid range - smaller form factor
>case - smallest I can get without heat issues
>sdd - do I really need one?
$700 cap

+ monitor
>either 144 Hz standard size or larger 27"+ 60 Hz

Thoughts/recommendations?

hilarious cope, made my day

No, it's literally the current state of the of things.

By that time we'll. Be a generation ahead.
>To think the 1060 3gb is still holding out cause by the time 3gb vram is maxed the GPUs processing power is bottlenecked aswell so more vram is useless.
youtu.be/zJzMt-ihsHw

The fact remains that the Vega 56 is a faster card, even at stock.

Also I can imagine why you'd think so, but unironically the only games from that list that even I play are FC5 and Forza Horizon 4.
There's not much of a argument to make about coping here.

The Vega looks like a pretty good card :^)

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1920x573, 493K)

yikes if unironic

Attached: cope land.jpg (450x593, 46K)

Uh those numbers are real user

Attached: 1550889336521.png (420x599, 282K)

I am about to replace my gtx 780 with a 1660. Which one should I get?

>20 titles are novideo gimpworks

lel

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-56/4034vs3938

heres also a vega 64

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4034vs3933

remember that you can actually make a 56 faster than a stock 64 if you bother
delusional nvidiot

>low-end card, probably a RX 580 or GTX 1060 6GB
Neither of these are low end and they will pair excellently with your pc. I went from a 760 to a 580 with an i5-4670 and hasnt been an issue at all.