What will the modular Mac Pro look like?

What will the modular Mac Pro look like?

Attached: Concept-modular-Mac-Pro-edge-to-edge-apple-display-Curved-016.jpg (1817x1217, 402K)

like shit

>modular mac pro
>applel finally giving people the ability to swap select components, which all pc owners have had since the pc was invented
Is this for real? Explain yourselves Mac users.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1536573537086.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Attached: 1524839873731.jpg (640x480, 113K)

I like my new mac mini :)

>ram just hanging loosely out of a slot
Mactoddlers are brainlet subhumans, artists, creators, and consumers, every single one.

Um apple computers have been user upgradeable since before the pc was invented.

Attached: Rev0NiceCaseShot.jpg (3264x2448, 2.33M)

like a regular PC with a mac logo

ONE INFINITE LOO

Attached: 1521085484021.jpg (622x888, 185K)

Doubt it. Even the old Mac Pro tower had a unique design that made accessing components a lot easier.

Attached: DSC_1486.jpg (1600x1036, 836K)

uh apple's are PC's

>modular
if you think hard enough dongles could be considered modules to apple

>proprietary apple only ram
>proprietary apple only gpu
>proprietary apple only ssd
>proprietary apple only cpu

>$300 for 4GB RAM upgrade

This.

Modular as in: modules single-sourced from Apple or one of their "collaborators" (Sonnet)

Huh
when's the last time apple went with nvidia gpu's for anything? I can only remember a few macbook pros

Old tower Mac Pros had nvidia GPUs with custom BIOS required to boot. If it didn't have the special snowflake BIOS with the single line of code consisting of "shat out by applel" the Mac wouldn't boot. They wanted like $600 for a GTX 780 when GTX 980s were $400.

They tried this model but found it more profitable to make nothing upgradable and then you just throw it out and buy another next year.

Scratch those cards, they didn't jew those GPUs, they did it with earlier GPUs before professionals started abandoning their "Pro" line in droves.

>required to boot
>with the single line of code consisting of "shat out by applel"

NO YUO
>PC cards with firmware vectors for BIOS or UEFI initialization
>Apple EFI boot menu demands different vectors
>that's it

After booting, any (ATI) PC card with Apple drivers would work, the custom firmware was only needed to show the Boot Menu. Since Apple did not use Nvidia cards anywhere, the decision of what cards to support was totally Nvidia's.
If you got an Nvidia card for a Mac, you got Nvidia'd just like you deserved.

It was more than that. The special Apple cards had EFI drivers in them. Older OS X versions just relied on the EFI to detect and initialize the card. If it didn't, then you just had no output.

It won't. Apple will kill the Mac off when they release their folding iPads. They will then use new iPad lineup to replace all Macs.
Folding for MacBook.
Giant for iMac.
This is what Apple has always done and will always do.

This. They will make a desktop size iPad to replace the iMac, then when nobody buys it they'll conclude that the desktop form factor is dead and discontinue it.

based

bump

BASED

But Mac is a PC.

but, are you retarded? Apple computers are PCs, dumbfuck.

technically yes, culturally no

came to post this

Attached: 1547021614907.gif (270x270, 972K)

I don't care about whether it's Apple or not, but I want one of those cases where you just pull shit out and it's obnoxiously easy to replace, check or clean components. I like things like airflow, looks and such but goddamn the idea of having this kind of shit would be neat.

Back to your shitting street.

Attached: 1548979873451.png (400x1650, 367K)

B A S E D

used to upgrade a fucking powermac back in the day. Don't talk so boldly about shit you have no idea about user

>>applel finally
That used to be the norm, zoomer.

Attached: 1551165384462.jpg (896x722, 33K)

I hope this is shitposting

>sliding in ram modules horizontally
you what

you will probably only be allowed to use components manufactured by apple.

>company is doing what you want
>explain yourself
wat

Hurry up Apple and release the fucking new Mac Pro already so I can scoop up a 2013 trashcan on eBay when the rich all try to get rid of it. Goal is to pay under 1k for one. My '08 isn't going to last much longer...

>i own a throttling overheating piece of shit fruit toy from 2008
>i want to own a throttling overheating piece of shit fruit toy from 2013
The absolute state of mactard subhumans. LMAO

Attached: 1530378707684.jpg (996x954, 319K)

Don't see the problem. There would be obviously a mechanism to clamp it down.

"PC" refers to IBM-compatible (x86 or x86_64) machines. They're a lot closer to that now, but back during the Apple II days they most certainly weren't.

BASADO

This but 16:9

Attached: A2381544-4CCD-440D-B8E6-BF9759462890.jpg (810x660, 78K)

It'll be a solid white cube with two ports. One port is for power and the other port is a USB type C port that you will have to use hundreds of different dongles for. Want to plug it into a monitor? Dongle. Want to plug it into an ethernet jack? D-d-d-dongle. Want to listen to music with 3.5mm headphones? Dongle. Want to connect an external harddrive that isn't USB type C? Dongle. Want to do Fire-wire? Dongle. Fortunately, the pro version will feature bluetooth functionality so you can at least save on ONE dongle.

just imagine the hackintosh scene when they do release a modular mac, and watch it eat their market share on hardware

Attached: 1502505161234.png (385x309, 277K)

>lack of hardware wasn't already a problem

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

applel solders a lot of components in their computers so you cant upgrade them

>big giant ass painting that is to the untrained and unexperienced eye nothing but smears and strokes of different brushes and colors.
>Price is upwards into the Hundreds of Thousands if not a couple Mil.
"wurt the furk, why is that worth so much. I cud have done that. Fucking retards would pay so much just for a couple hundred in art supplies."

>Not realizing that apple products appeal to the creative professional's
>Not understanding that apple products are simply a status symbol but do a great job of making things easy so that normies don't have to strain and pop a blood vessel to think for themselves about their products
>Being this polarized about an issue that has nothing to do with you unless you're going to buy an apple product (if you can even afford it. But why would you want to?)
>Despite all your reee'ing apple continues to dominate sales and marketshare when it comes to the name
>Not understanding that autistsoft is equally fucking you over
>Being this retarded and huddling around a burning dumpster fire on the bottom rung of the internet pyramid throwing verbal poo at each other over things that don't matter

1. Modular mac will probably be good. Apple fanboys will love it obv but it will be apple's attempt to giving in more to people who are on the other side of things. In terms of being revolutionary, nothing new.
2. You don't buy apple to compete with PC. You buy apple for the creative professional side, the environment, the status symbol, and the meaning behind the brand before it died alongside Jobs.
3. Stop being faggots.

>that ugly bright glowing GEFORCE GTX logo
Are gamers physically unable to appreciate anything that's not gaudy as fuck?
Why do they have no taste whatsoever?
I thought games were art.

Attached: 1541958739071.jpg (640x480, 81K)

Gamers are emotionally stunted manchildren, so no.

>if you can even afford it
This is the real issue at hand. Seething poorfags who desperately wish they could afford apple products. They know they never will though, so it's sour grapes to them.

Attached: 0013foxandgrapes.jpg (478x480, 82K)

>What will the modular Mac Pro look like?
Like a giant vacuum sucking thousands and thousand of dollars out of your wallet/bank.

came here to post it will look like poop emoji. stack stuff on top it, so that the turd grows. but behold! you're not allowed to stack them in the wrong order!

Based