>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/8zfzcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/LLcnvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/sgFTfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/dVmThy
amazon.com/dp/B0748DGHSG/ref=emc_b_5_t
pcpartpicker.com/list/hH7gWD
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/700-series/Yoga-730-15/p/81CU000TUS
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/pBpwQZ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xdRPq4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8Wa_jwwx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should I use my PCI E ports for storage devices?

Attached: Tomb_Raider_2018_Lara_Croft_Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Tomb_Raider-1464751.jpg!d.png (1600x900, 1.01M)

Take the 1060 off the OP, or at least suggest used. It makes zero sense to buy it new now that the controversial 1660 Ti is out.

Is a 650w PSU appropriate for an RTX 2060? Thinking of getting a Seasonic Focus+ Gold or a Prime. Both seem to be the same price at $100 on amazon.

Also, what should I consider when deciding between a 1660 Ti or a 2060 independent of ray tracing and DLSS? What makes the 2060 worth the extra $70 besides those features?

Is the 2060 in a unique sweet spot for 1440p and 60+ FPS?

Attached: 1548375997326.png (1440x960, 2.58M)

The 1060 still beats any modern game, even super new AAA ones released this month. It's only becoming a cheaper and a better option for immediate gaming right now. The 1660 is as of yet still finding its footing, and as it turns out the more high end 1660 versions are only $40 cheaper than the 2060. For 20% more performance and all the RTX extras, that is a price bridge worth crossing. More so if you are upgrading from a 1060. It's 20% more performance (1660) or 40% more (2060), for just a little bit more.

Attached: 1550089645918.png (378x610, 295K)

>high end
only retards spend extra money for edgy fans and pre-oc's

Super Flower is best. EVGA makes great power supplies and they're usually designed by Super Flower.

It does... Unless if it's the shit 3GB version that stands out like a damn sore thumb.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8zfzcY

I don't know which GPU to get for my build. Really don't want to spend more than $400 burgerbucks on it. My build is mostly going to be used for emulating and playing older games.

Reminder

Attached: 1550676033367.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

pcpartpicker.com/list/LLcnvn

The 1060 should do it. 1.62 GHz is worth it. If you want to go Team Red, then go for a 580 or 590 if you have the yarbles.

I'm getting an SSD, do I just install the OS and delete the system files from the HDD?

"sure"

>sweet spot for 1440p and 60+ FPS
Get a 1660Ti or 2070.

Not the greatest idea. Just get a 2.5" or NVMe. The only times I'd recommend it are if you have a small PCI-E port not being totally used for anything. Like the plastic bottom x16 slot on most ATX mobos I find these days.

But that's my two cents, so don't take my word for it.

how do I make this vr ready?

Should I just throw away my whole trash potato and start from scratch, I would be surprised if anything can be salvaged.

Attached: file.png (431x409, 34K)

Start from scratch ENTIRELY. The only thing I can see that's somewhat salvageable is the hard drive and nothing more.

aight, how much should I save before starting a VR PC build?

$900

Since I'm from where the leaves roam, you'd have to budget around 800-900$ for the most top spec PC in the land for VR. If you just need a 1060 6GB and a decent CPU, the least you could get away with is 700 if you play your cards right. All depends.

oh really? I thought I had to go for the 2.5k PC to go VR ready.

I have 1k in my account right now, any tips before I head to PCpartpicker?

5 stars and click on price for GPU, and always consult your options from OP's post.

Your image needs some kind of header to explain what it is and give someone a reason to read it. Even just changing the file name would do.

He can salvage his case if it's not dogshit. Would recommend he buy an SSD of some sort, though.
That would be the cost of a strong enough GPU and a bare minimum CPU alone.

DDR4 3200 8GB or DDR4 2400 16GB

Your gpu is the bare minimum and considered vr ready. I'd advise burning the rest though cause it's ancient.

>DDR4 3200 8GB or DDR4 2400 16GB
8gb then upgrade later.

A VR build starts at an i5 8400 and a 1060 6gb. Upgrade the GPU before the CPU from here to increase performance because the i5 8400 is already more capable than necessary.

You can oc cl14 3200 to 3400
It was possible to get decent x370 on clearance and the msi b450's have decent vrm too.
Heck, I scored a new x399 pro gaming for 200 and a 1920x for 350 both new.
When buying shit and if ppl want the best dealz they should autistically search and research like your image.
I.e. titan x Maxwell's can be overclocked to about 1080 levels.
I've seen some x299 cheap and x99 Really cheap. Before id recommend xeon shit but now you might as well get more modern stuff. It's mostly just power draw as the primary drawback, and the fact it's used.
Anywho the 2060 name imo looks dope.

16gb. 3200hz over 2400hz is not noticable. 16gb over 8gb sure as hell is noticable.

I would rather he get an RTX 2070 for VR. Manufacturers often opt to not include the USB-C port on cards like the 1060, 1660 Ti and 2060 because they're bare minimum for VR.

Is micro ATX the way to go if I want a smaller case for my next build?

I fucked up Jow Forums

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3.00GHz 29 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ECS H81H3-WM (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
LG IPS FULLHD (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI) 31 °C
Storage
1863GB ATA TOSHIBA DT01ACA2 SCSI Disk Device (SATA ) 38 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

pcpartpicker.com/list/sgFTfH

Why, what's wrong with that intense Jow Forums shitposting-only mach-
>random 1070

I paid 700 for this.

You don't NEED an RTX 2070 for VR.
An RX 580 is 1/3 the price and can do VR. If you want a happy middle ground, look for an RX Vega 56 or an RTX 2060.
rest looks good though

JUST

I can’t build PC’s for shit can someone link me a good Pc that can run most games (Witcher 3/ PUBG/ SKYRIM and more) at ultra/high for under 1200? Is that feasible?

Ok what about this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/dVmThy

Is it worth upgrading to a 2070 fron a 1060? I can get a gigabyte one for $680aud

What can I scrap from this to build a new pc with?

Decent CPU
Decent Motherboard
Decent GPU
Decent RAM
Fantastic PSU that won't blow up

Thank you!

>2019
>intel

At this rate I might just buy a fucking Alienware I don’t have the money to fuck up a pc build.

what cooler should I go with this tho? I heard Noctua's good but they ugly as hell.

Check Dell, find something good (not the overpriced alienwares) at $1500 and wait until a holiday sale. Dell will discount their computers at this time. Now go to their eBay store and use the universal holiday sale codes eBay gives everyone to knock even more off the price. I acquired a Dell computer with an SSD/HDD combo, i5 8400, 1060 6gb, 8gb ram and a free $70 gaming mouse for $1100aud this way. In America, that must be something like $700.

Attached: morepain.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

I guess it depends on whether you are also upgrading your monitor from the 1080p 60hz one you are probably using now. You are in for a significant performance boost with the 2070. Don't get it unless you can use it at its full potential.

Stock cooler is enough for 4.0Ghz

Well Witcher 3 is 4 years old a 1060 can max it, same for Skyrim its ancient a gtx 560ti can max it

Just get something like r5 2600 + 1660ti should come to about 900 bucks or less

you guys think an athlon x4 is good enough?
it's for a little border server with nftables, snort, dnsmasq and ldap
I know snort is pretty RAM heavy, esp in intrusion prevention mode, so I was thinking 2x4GB @ 2400 MHz. Or should I pick more?
other than that, haven't decided on what pcie network card yet for my 2nd nic, since the AM4 mobos I was looking at only have one

I mean I want a good pc to last me a couple years for 1400 or less

Hey guys, whats the smallest build that can run 1080p? Im looking for it to run stepmania and emulators.

>you guys think an athlon x4 is good enough?
why though? The Athlon 200GE exists, is similarly priced, uses the same motherboard socket, and much more powerful.

>buy Noctua fan because I heard they're really good
>fan hasn't arrived, despite Newegg saying it's been delivered
>Fan also won't fit inside my as I had another look at my case's specs and there's not enough clearance, all because I'm an idiot who doesn't look properly
At least I found another fan that'll fit, but telling them that my shit hasn't arrived, and that I need to replace it because it doesn't fit is going to be a massive fucking pain in the ass.
FUCK

Attached: Erase.gif (300x300, 329K)

I should specify that it's a CPU cooler

well, there's a deal on the x4 right now, but I'll compare it to the 200ge after work

Nevermind, it literally just got here. Now to try and return it. Anyone got any idea of a good CPU cooler that'll fit in a Phanteks Eclipse p400s (160mm clearance) that also supports LGA1151?

I need second opinions on this 4k monitor.

amazon.com/dp/B0748DGHSG/ref=emc_b_5_t

I'm going to be using it mostly for digital work such as video editing, digital art/drawing/hopefully animation, general use. Is there possibly a better monitor than this? HDR10 support, Adobe RGB and all those other format support, 4K, good size of 27'', all those ports that I can use, I can't find a downside.

Is Vega 56 finally a good card to get? What is a decent UV/OC guide?
Also, is Vega 64 pointless? How bad is the fresh Nvidia, both cards and the company?

Looking to post on the nice board mostly but also play some 3D games probably.

Attached: 1509252422053.png (485x618, 247K)

Vega 56 is ultra cheap right now, less than 300 USD. It's great right out of the box with no additional tweaking aside from undervolting.

rate my build pcpartpicker.com/list/hH7gWD
>already bought an SU900 256gb from Massdrop
>have about 10 tbs of storage from a server with WD blacks
also got the 2070 from ebay used, guy said it was lightly used and that it has samsung memory instead of micron
also the serial number is 08G-P4-2173-KB instead of ending with KR so I have no clue

Depends.. The first thing I'd do is buy the HMD you want and try it out. Most games will probably run just fine. At that point you can either upgrade the rest of your system or run hardware monitoring in game do decide where the bottleneck is. You can also just grab an i7 3770 if you mobo supports it and a 1660Ti

tl;dr is this Lenovo Yoga 730
VR-ready?lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/700-series/Yoga-730-15/p/81CU000TUS

tl;dr 2: will eGPU help at all??

got partial information from egpu.io and rebbit/r/egpu but i really dont wanna make an account on either site

bought a Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6" (i7-8550, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, GTX1050 4GB) and assumed that i could just disable the dGPU in bios to unlock 4xTB3 but apparently it doesn't work that way??

apparently the scythe mugen just went out of stock, it was around 51.99 USD which makes the price around 1360 dollars but the I got the GPU for 520

>Is Vega 56 finally a good card to get?
No, no reason to buy it over the 1660Ti or 2060 considering performance and power consumption

>you guys think an athlon x4 is good enough?
Don't buy it. It's the old Bulldozer type arch. As the other user said, get the 200GE

I'm not really up to date on emulators, but you might be able to get away with a 2200G by itself depending on the emulators you want to use

Just replace the CPU with an i7 4770 if the mobo supports it

2060 on sale would be a good idea if u don't care for the uv lottery.

has more to do with overclocking than pc building but going to ask it anyway
will increasing power limit in msi afterburner allow stability at higher clocks?
if so, how much is safe?
the cards are Manli GTX 670 Reference Cooler and Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 (rev1.0)

nvme is pcie

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/pBpwQZ
Tinkering away with this for nearly 2 months
1440p gamin and blender, using 32inch 720p tv until lgs 27inch ultragear is released
Would rather not spend $1300 on the 2080 but if it will smashed out high frames on 1440p i will leave it in, not overclocking i just live in a country with bullshit heat levels hence the overkill dark rock pro speaking which will it fit with that ram? I probably wont get the new ryzen, why buy a cpu and swap it less then a year later? So having said that should i keep the tomahawk or move up to x470 board anyway?
Soundcards whats your opinion

will the F series of cpu's run better than their current counterparts? i don't know much but it would seem that the removal of the gpu will allow it to run cooler and with less power, right?

No.

wtf

All the F means is that there's no iGPU

It's a defective chip. All it does is easing Intel's supply woes which means you might be actually able to buy it. Consult this chart for detailed infos. It has the same TDP and clock speed. It also looks like the price is pretty much the same.

Attached: 123613-intel-core-9000-f-1.png (580x376, 27K)

wtf

Thank, friends!

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xdRPq4
Would this PC be an epic machine for the hardcore casual normalfag?
>APU to watching movies in 4k with madVR + MPC-HC
>16 GB of RAM for billions of browser tabs for social media, youtube, Google documents, news sites, etc
>M.2 SSD to quickly turn on the computer after coming home from shopping/gym and overall smooth experience, large 4 TB storage to archive photos of food and videos of friends singing very poorly
>mATX form factor and small case for inconspicuousness, important for not looking like a nerd

why though

Would go for a 2200G and cut the ssd down to 256GB

>M.2 SSD to quickly turn on the computer after coming home from shopping/gym and overall smooth experience, large 4 TB storage to archive photos of food and videos of friends singing very poorly
M.2 (or rather, nvme) makes no difference for boot times nor load times.

Yeah get a better apu, the Athlon is pretty bad even if it's cheap, but since you're spending on other stuff don't skimp on the apu.

Also 512gb ssd is good, you'll need it sooner or later

Some surprise bills have popped up in the last month and I'm thinking of selling my ultrawide to cover it.

Are there any good monitors at $400 or lower that are 1440p, 144Hz, IPS or VA, and G-Sync compatible? This is my criteria for picking out a monitor. I also have a 1080 Ti so let that be a factor.

>16 GB of RAM for billions of browser tabs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you must have applied to be a jannie since u do this bad shilling for free jesus christ i never thought id see a day where someone favors 8400 over r2600

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8Wa_jwwx8
Ok shill

Lack of response im going to assume the build is fine?

Are you really that retarded lmfao

Agreed, that's infinitely optimistic, my Firefox threw tabs at 11000 (most tabs inactive).
Chrome would hit the ground at 2000 (unless they changed something in the past year)

When I built my gayman PC five years ago it seemed the conventional wisdom was that an i7 is not worth it over an i5 if all you want to do is play games. Does that still hold true, or are modern games actually using enough cores to make an i7 worthwhile?

Does anyone know if I should get the cheap 1660 at $280 or get a slightly more expensive one at $300 with good cooling and fans.

Just get a 2060

get a blower Vega and press the magic undervolt button sir

>press the magic undervolt button sir
this is actually a thing. AMD radeon drivers have an automatic undervolting setting.

I had one and found out I didn't use rtx because it made the fps go less than 60 on ultra.no thanks.

then switch it off?

Then theres no point in getting the 2060 if I'm just going to switch off the features.

I just ordered an MSI 1660Ti Ventus card. Reviews say the cooling was the best on it at $280. Was going to get a gigabyte but I heard that people have trouble with those guys warranty and shit.

>Then theres no point in getting the 2060 if I'm just going to switch off the features.
peak retardation right here, perf/$ is still the best with 2060 without rtx memes

>6GBvram for almost $400

Uhhhhh no.