Just been sent to SF to work in our company's office here for a few months

>just been sent to SF to work in our company's office here for a few months
>work in Asia normally (expat here), earning equivalent of $65k a year as still reasonably junior and kind of shit at my job
>work paying for accommodation and some minor expenses but that's it

How fucked am I

I'm still paying rent on my place in Asia but it's like half the price it would be here, so could be worse.

Still, everyone here seems to be on like $100k+, not sure how I'll survive here on this amount.

Also how to meme it so I move here to make bank? This place seems to be where its at if you're working in tech, fuck Asia

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1200x900, 259K)

>work paying for accommodation and some minor expenses but that's it
What the fuck else would you need?

I'd rather punch myself in the dick for 8 hours a day than set foot on the shit, needle, and homeless-infested streets of SF.

I'm a life-long CA'er that lived in LA too. Fuck this shit hole. I guess most anywhere is better than most of shithole Asia, but you really didn't try much if you settled on SF. $65K/yr in SF is like poverty wage. You could make that in any big city, and live a better quality of life 5x over.

Attached: triggered.png (294x297, 154K)

This was my expectation too

But I walked to work today (all through the city centre) and it was totally fine, really nice vibe

This may change as time goes on, but a nice surprise nonetheless

Found the MAGA neckbeard

>$65k a year
In SF?? Prepare to starve.

It costs $65k a year for food in SF??

Housing.

Why is the price of housing relevant? Did you even read the OP?

You're fucked

I spend $1575/month on a 1br in oakland and it's a STEAL

get raped kiddo

Why should he care how much you spend on rent?

>This place seems to be where its at if you're working in tech
yea if you hate your fucking life

>thread about living in SF
>what does housing have to do with anything

Are you 12 or just been in a cabin in the woods the past 20 years?

not him but
> >work paying ofr accommodation

How can you be so blind yet arrogant?

If you're talented, I'm sure the company you're working for will give you an H1B VISA.

However, be prepared to be anally fucked because unless you're like a top tier engineer (ie only like 5 people at your level) you won't make $150k a year, but you will make under $80k a year, which is typically not enough to live in SF unless you want to live in the faggot district or the nigger/crackhead district.

The other choice you have is to live in Oakland, the niggerest city in all of California. But it is about 30-50mins of traffic via the bridge every day to SF.

So you're shit out of luck pretty much.

I have friends that make 150k+/year (300k/year as a couple) and they still have problems in SF since it's so damn expensive to live like a normal human being.

Why is everyone in this thread illiterate????

That user is obviously stating his rent in a less expensive area which he's getting a decent price for considering the norm as a means to provide op with context as to how expensive rent would be in SF.

You'll be fine, rent is the only part of SF that's crazy expensive. You can spend tons on food etc. if you want to, but there's plenty of affordable stuff as well.

I'm an almost lifelong LA resident as well, but I spent four years in NorCal and really enjoyed SF. It's just like LA, you just have to know where to go and where to avoid.

For fuck's sake you morons, he said right in the OP that his company is paying for housing.

It's H2B if you're a company transferee, retard.

What's so illiterate about breaking down how it is in a certain city?

>For fuck's sake you morons, he said right in the OP that his company is paying for housing.

I'm merely explaining how it is in SF, I know his current company is paying for housing. What if he stops working there and has no Visa? He will be cooked and living in SF would be impossible.

>????
Why are you?

It was H1B when I got here a long time ago.

>inb4 pajeet

No I'm not a pajeet.

OP here

Still paying $2k a month for my place in Asia , so it's not like it's nothing, but again, cheaper than here.

Apparently the company allow laundry and cleaning expenses, and there's breakfast and coffee in the office so that's some expenses taken care of

If I was to go about getting a job here, what's the process? Do you get told to fuck off as soon as they realise you need a visa or is it not a big deal

Found the triggered cuckservative. LA/SF are fine. It has the usual hang ups of a large city. None of the flyover “heartland” shithole cities come even close to the quality of life offered here. Southern hospitality is a fucking meme and the rust belt is full of awful people driving like drunk shitskins.