/spg/ - Smartphone General

Folding Phones Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: mate-vs-fold-759.jpg (759x422, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon
hotspot3d.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just a meme. Hardly a game changer.

Why is it so perfect?

Attached: Screenshot_20190226-040658.jpg (1080x2340, 1.29M)

when the technology matures i'll buy one. Currently I'm not convinced of the quality/durability of the screens yet.
But I can definitely see myself using these for some web browsing

s10e looks good

Quick serious question.

Whuat can Apple do against a Samsung galaxy fold?
They invested in socs. That's it. They own nothing of all the BOM needed smartphone of the future. Even "their" baseband chips sucks. It's not that they can now buy off a display manufacturer, or even a camera manufacturer.
They should probably skip to the next generation annd start burning money in the bio-electronic industry.

This new android update looks gay as fuck

Attached: d27.png (940x729, 247K)

I honestly don't think apple cares. Same reason they haven't wasted their time with touchscreen laptops.

>Nokia 9
Tomorrow comes today, bros.

Lads, gotta upgrade my S7 flat. Thinking about the regular S10, but should I get it now or wait till the price drops in a few months? If I pre-order I get the buds for free too. If I do wait, how much would the price generally drop?

What do you guys think?

It's not your phones fault you have male buttfucking as your wallpaper

>went and looked at S10 models
>10+ too big
>10 too big
>S10 E perfect except screen is fucking 1080p

Why is the S10E 1080p? My S7 has a 2k screen. Why can't they just remake an S7 with newer processor? fuck samshit for downgrading the S10E. Guess I'll just get an iphone desu. its the only good "small" phone

Attached: 1549240318933.gif (500x281, 912K)

Buy a OnePlus 6t faggot unless you got baby hands

>oneplus
>verizon
nope

OnePlus 6t works on Verizon faggot don't be dumb and why th fuck are you with Verizon?

Help

Can u get a virus from downloading jpg's from Jow Forums on android?
Im using orfox the tor browser

Yes. I just gave you a virus with this image. Don't tell ur mom tho.

Attached: 39154a4.jpg (720x710, 41K)

Foldable phones will go as far as 3DTV -> right into the dumpster

Attached: alex_jones_hurr.png (986x797, 869K)

I like the prism white on the new galaxy phones
I'd probably end up covering it with a case, but it's still nice

Attached: 6850B-1.jpg (964x750, 19K)

The Galaxy Fold 2 is going to be amazing.

no

>considering any phone with a permanent black dot/pill on the screen perfect
Why does it matter if the screen is 1080p? If you look at battery tests, everything above isn't even discernable by human eyes and it only makes the battery performance take a hit. And on top of everything, Samsung ships their phones with 1080p setting pre-installed.

Why? There's plastic creasing and white marks at the folding point.

1440p is just a gimmick, it does nothing but waste battery.

That's why I said 2.

>2019
>still falling for the IOS and Android Jew
Better to be obsolete than compromised.

Attached: best os.jpg (470x313, 12K)

And you know it will even be released or better than the first one how?

Pre-applied*

Because whatever shortcomings the first one have will be fixed and improved in the sequel?

>BlackberryOS 10
>BlackBerry will end the support for the operating system at the end of 2019
Yeah, totally not obsolete and compromised (implying you actually keep receiving these updates on your device).

And again I ask -And you know it will even be released or better than the first one how?

Shut up you Pajeet.

>Oneplus 7/7T
>Note 10
any other phones worth considering this year?

ok I fell for the meme and got a note 9, now how do I ungay it without rooting? there so much bloat pic for attention

Attached: 2018-02-09 08.54.57 1710494849608183423_2864666.jpg (1080x1350, 182K)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon

Anyone has experiences with trading your old phone in? Do you actually get any significant amount towards your new phone? S10e looks like the only option that has everything I want from a phone, but I don't want to drop 800€ on it. My current phone is five year old Samsung Galaxy Alpha, is it too old to get anything from it if I send it back to them?

they will tell you what you get on your countires trade in page.

My phone keeps making a weird beat boxing noise and it won't stop unless I restart my phone. I have nothing open and have done a virus scan. Its a nokia 7.1. It happens at random. Sometimes while in using the phone and sometimes when I haven't used it for hours it will just start. Please help me I can't figure it out.

Attached: 1549242852945.jpg (960x540, 45K)

Nothing. Their market isn't the same as Android. Android has tons of niche phones to standout among the competition. This breeds innovation and we end up with wacky designs sometimes (HTC Evo 3D, Sony Xperia Play, Samsung Galaxy Mega). But it doesn't mean that these niche designs kick off. Almost always, these are one-of phones.

turn off NFC

>Current phone
Moto X4

>Mini-review
Compatible with all major networks, has expandable storage, updates to Android Pie out of the box. Very responsive and the Moto actions like chopping for the flashlight are handy. Really satisfied with the thing since I only paid $200 for it. Generally goes for $350.

Man I can't wait to buy the OP7T!!! Phone of the year!!!!!!!

Its already off

Note 9 or s10+?
Im thinking of waiting until the note 10 is announced to see those sweet price drops (especially on note 9)

Uninstall and disable all (((google shit))) including youtube and google play
Install anti virus like kapersky+malwarebytes
Disable Play protection
Use app locks
Uncheck app permissions for just about everything
Tape your cameras and superglue your microphone ports and use a bluetooth headset or cabled headphones when u actually gotta use the phone
And most importantly use a good vpn

They can buy the folding screen from Samsung like usual.

i can get a google pixel 3 for 850 aud if i can find a friend, are they any good?

>announced
Released

Do you have this setting?
Display ->Advanced -> Ambient Display -> New notifications

switch it to once or off

Also check your clock app that you haven't set any alarms on it

Will they claim it as a new Apple innovation?

Note 9 obviously
you even considered buying a phone with holes instead of bezels? The fuck man
otherwise wait for the OP7T, fuck camera holes.

Of course.

Yeah the holes do piss me off just not as much as the notch.
I just hope that maybe there is a chance Sammy on the Note 10 will put the Instagram camera on the stylus instead. That would be nice, I don't want to see a Note phone shitted up.

How do you determine whether a FOTA update is worth getting? I haven't updated since I bought my phone and whenever I look for feedbacks on the latest update it's always shits like "more lags!", "battery drains" or "something broke!". It really puts me off

Get the security updates at least

They really should all have pop up selfie cameras instead of notches or pills, either that or have small bezels + front firing speakers. Front speakers are the best

transparent screen when
would be cool if they could make it happen
just keep the camera behind the screen and make a transparent circle when you need it

Why the fuck did samsung have to take the pill pill? There was literally nothing wrong with the s9 design (apart from the meme curves but that's now their mascot just like the headphone jack kek). It make no fucking sense, did they lose marketshare last release season to notch meme phones or something?
ffs it doesn't even look good considering the fucking chin.

Aesthetics wise that would be pretty neat for the entire screen, get that transparent plastic fad thing going again.

>SD855
>6gb/128gb
>6.5" display
>3300mah battery
please explain to a brainlet why companies can't get 4000mah minimum? It's not like going from 3300 to 4000 makes the phone much fatter.

S10+ has 4100mAh so I dunno what you're bitching about

so they can sell the larger, more expensive variants

Alright I did that. It's not the alarm. Haven't had one set in there for a long time now. Waiting to see if that fixes it.

>everything above isn't even discernable by human eyes
wrong though. you can tell the difference in PPI easily.

I got an Asus with 5000mah

How badly did I fuck up

well I was speaking with the Xperia 1 in mind, I don't consider the Samshit phones at all because of the atrocious design choices they made. Suck a big fat one, Jung-hoon.

You did great, stock android, great big screen, good specs, jack+sd slot, snappy everything. I get 13 hours SoT on average even after all the latest updates.
I'm gonna keep an eye out for the ZenFone 6.

>did they lose marketshare last release season to notch meme phones or something?
Yes, the P20 series hurt the sales of the S9 badly. Another reason was to distinguish the phone visually from the previous two generations and give it a unique visual detail, which has worked for Apple with the notch.

Started again so that didn't do it

Samshit are dumb as fuck
they should have spent more money on R&D for better hardware and debloated their shitty version of android before resorting to cheap gimmicks like copying Apple by fucking up the aesthetics of the display.

guess you should just do a factory reset then

Good but lol software, check that out so many issues like blacked screen of death, they never have a good software from since the oldies Intel zenfone. But it's good because Zenfone kinda have a LTE support band for murica / urop.

Test

How did HTC get so shit so quickly?

Best phone I've owned. Just wish they'd followed it up with something better.

>recommends uninstalling google botnet
>recommends installing ruski pig botnet
The absolute state of Jow Forums

People stopped buying non-Samsung, non-Chinese Android Phones. They didn't exist in the same low/mid-tier niche that Nokia took and aren't a giant conglomerate like LG. Meanwhile global smartphone sales are down and HTC was too small to survive (as a smartphone company, the VR side is doing well).

They also went full retard and started releasing some 720p devices last year. Some devices which were engineering blunders also played a role in their decline.

Why shouldn't I get a s10? Want:
>headphone jack
>slim, one handed
>flagship level specs
>got cash to burn

Is there a phone out there that's like pic related, but with screens on both sides?

Attached: 1550269365133.png (425x425, 222K)

looking to get out of igay and get a note 9. will prices drop on march 8 when the s10 is officially released?

Is having a permanent black dot/pill on the screen not a good enough reason for you?

Why are there so many fucking racial emojis. All I want is to send a friend is like a god damn piece sign or OK hand or thumbs up but it legit take me 30 seconds to scroll extremely fast with 2 fingers to get to it.
On 8.0 and rooted.

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-014346_Just_Notes.png (1440x2560, 259K)

Your keyboard is fucked, each race variant is supposed to be collapsed into one and you long press to select the race

>dabbing on batterylets

Attached: energizer_power_max_p18k_pop_review_2.jpg (1964x1104, 417K)

Redmi Note 7 Global when?

android really feels like a shitshow sometimes
i bought a galaxy s2 back in the day at a premium because i wanted a reliable working phone with good software and the brandname would mean i'd be free of bootloops and bugs and shit
nope, full of bugs, bootloops and hangs
convince me not to buy a chinkshit phone like a redmi when they have it roughly figured out when asus and LG now have buggy ass phones

>main camera STILL protruding
>no 3.5mm jack
>no any other port/feature making use of all that thiccness
>not even a more rugged design

Attached: 1543069826383.png (637x565, 14K)

U11 was good but looked a year old. U12 was the same and it also had capacitive buttons that sucked ass until they patched it a month later. No news on a flagship this year as far as I know.

they should combine this technology with Sony's t a l l technology to create a fee-fi-fo-fum giant phone

El Atrocidad...

check this shit out
hotspot3d.com/

nice. hopefully more models will come in soon. Like not a single oneplus there yet

>just got mi mix 2s
>finished setup
>load old apps screen pops up for a split second and disappears
Any way to trigger that manually?

Xiaomi Mi 9: opinions?

Gonna upgrade in a few months, currently have an S9+ and I love the hardware but the software is fucking abbosmal. What's a good phone that works on Verizon and has a headphone jack?

>dude just get a mix 2s

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26-18-08-13-543_com.android.camera.png (1080x2160, 55K)

How reliable is kimovil frequency checker? I'm legit thinking of importing Sharp phone from Japan, and it says 2 out of 3 for my current operator (4G, I live in Northen Europe). Can I trust it or should I ask the operator about it?

It wont stop and I feel like in going crazy