Anyone played around with one of these? Got an STM8 MCU to program so I can claim I have embedded experience...

Anyone played around with one of these? Got an STM8 MCU to program so I can claim I have embedded experience, need some easy ideas.

Attached: STM8S103F3P6-STM8-ARM-Minimum-System-Development-Board-Module-For-Arduino.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 111K)

only /vg/-related technology is allowed on this board

Fuck off no one posts in your dead board for a reason
Read about control systems and implement a closed loop to run some piece of hardware. It's not as simple as it seems :^)

This is technology, just as much as all those RPi threads.
Great idea (engineering companies love control systems), just need to find some hardware, no idea where to start.

Atmel AVR is better

I bought over €200 worth of microcontrollers and components from aliexpress 2 years ago, including a bunch of those STM8s and some arduino clones. Started fucking around with electronics and it seemed (and really was) a ton of fun so I figured I'd need some shit to play around with. Fast forward a couple of months when everything finally arrived and I proceeded to not fucking do anything with it because I fell back into depressed apathy. Now it's just sitting there, neatly organized on a shelf, staring at me. Fuck.

A wheel of fortune that always lands on unfortunate options. (just like my life)

Combine it with a sensor and a wifi/bluetooth chip, and you're in the IoT business

>STM8
get an stm32, get the bluepill

dont waste (You)r time on depricated shit
do make software for BASIC ENGINE ESP

Attached: _____.jpg (800x736, 235K)

>not bitbanging all of those peripherals

>need some easy ideas
get a pro micro and handwire a keyboard and the firmware is just QMK

What the fuck are you doing? Get off your ass and go build a robot, for fucks sake you have all the parts to do that and install gentoo.

STM8 is kind of neither here nor there. If you want a 8-bit MCU, get the same kind of board but with ATmega/ATtiny for way more software support, or get STM32F0/F1 for more hardware features and speed. Both kinds are like $2 a pop on aliexpress.

A good starter idea is to implement some small home automation, like a programmable controller for dimming lights, opening curtains or watering plants.

Attached: BASIC_ENGINE_ESP32.jpg (1024x881, 355K)

You can use one to get free games on your onions boy toy.

Attached: POZZED Switch.webm (480x270, 2.37M)

If you want 8bit then go for AVR. Really.

If you want STM, then go for their 32bit stuff. The bluepill ( stm32f103 for 2 bucks on ecuck) is a cheap starter board

>€200 worth of stuff
>from aliexpress
the fuck?

Attached: 1517418753023.jpg (645x729, 81K)

lol, retard

Attached: 1513112933098.jpg (798x770, 195K)

You are dumb.
Don't just buy anything because you think you need it.
Think about a project
Evaluate what you need
Learn theory
Buy actual needed hardware
implement it
have fun
Also this

Attached: itwalks.webm (1280x720, 1.14M)

PS: I am depressed as fuck too. I just know how to get out of it most of the time.

Attached: qt314.jpg (3000x2000, 452K)

Yeah looking back that's what I should have done.
Then again, now I have a bunch of useful parts so if I ever feel like it I can build some stuff immediately.
Not like I'm completely oblivious to the stuff either, as I did a year of EE before I switched to CS.

make a teledildonics