Firefox vs Waterfox

What are the differents, pro and cons of them?

I'm using firefox version 56 and refuse to update since I lots of legacy extensions that won't work if I go on version 57 onwards.
Waterfox has still support for these extensions and I plan to just copy and paste my AppData\Roaming\Mozilla folder from Firefox to Waterfox to migrate all my data.

Is there any reason not to use Waterfox over Firefox?

Attached: 1538639224897.png (1632x918, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/JustOff/ca-archive
github.com/gtranslate/gtranslate/releases
flashgot.net/getit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used it for a year before reluctantly upgrading to quantum for extentions I needed at the time.

You won't notice much difference, but get the warm feeling of ditching mozilla and their shenanigans, so that's a nice meme.

From what I could gleam from the subreddit and the devs twitter, waterfox might be in store for webextension support, so I might come back to it too.

Waterfox would be lying to yourself if you don't go full retard, as in, libre distro along with it.

Waterfox seems like an out of date Firefox with small privacy improvements that still don't do enough.
Wouldn't it be better to use the current version of Firefox with a heavily edited user.js to improve privacy and security?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning.

The point of Waterfox is that in enables you to use the latest Xul extensions together with most Webextensions (it doesn't support the version 60+ features yet). If you don't need the old extensions, just use the latest Firefox - you're going to get updates faster and blend in better.

Too dumb to google it.

Looks like you havent tried very hard to get an answer
so I wont either
Also you obviously have learning difficulties
and given all the above I believe youre a nigger

>lots of legacy extensions that won't work if I go on version 57 onwards.
such as?
99% sure there are equivalent for each one.

>default search engine is bing
killed my GNU/boner

>windows
>waterfox
you might as well install chrome and enable all of the "user experience" settings, retard

Waterfox was 64bit Firefox the project its actually useless now.

this, Waterfox is basically an older version of FF with a blue logo. Just use Firefox stable instead.

Not if you're stuck in the past and want your XUL autism.

Pretty sure Waterfox suffers the same problem as Pale Moon in that regard. Now that Firefox has deviated so much from its previous versions, they have to keep the whole XUL addon ecosystem running by themselves.

Yeah, there are barely any password managers with official XUL support. Enpass just ended their support for it, I think LastPass is the only one left. There's just so few people left who care about XUL.

I reinstalled FF some time ago because I wanted to use some legacy add-ons and forgot what my old theme extension was called, it's in pic related but I just can't find it, I'm not sure if it was part of "Classic Theme Restorer" or something like that.

Attached: baka.jpg (1920x1040, 523K)

wait, are xui extensions the ones that got ditched by Firefox?
You mean I can use on Waterfox stuff like "Flashgot" and "gtranslate" along with the new extensions?

I dunno about the specific extensions you're talking about. but yeah, you can. And this is the exact reason Waterfox exists: it's on version 56, meaning you can use most of the Xul and Webextension addons. Some addons might be too old, and some Webextension addons use features only implemented later on. Since Mozilla removed the old stuff from their site, use github.com/JustOff/ca-archive for Xul .

waterfox is the biggest piece of shit browser I have ever used
youtube livestreams dont work
disqus or some other forum service i cant remember doesnt work
and many others I cant remember

castrate whichever nigger wrote that garbage im never trusting Jow Forums memes ever again
t.posted from chrome and it actually loads websites

just tried it out - not only it supports both of those, but it was ez as fuck to import all the existing stuff from firefox.
That shit is amazing.

P.S.
Both of mentioned extensions are the best and fastest at what they're doing (never got ported to Quantum, though)
github.com/gtranslate/gtranslate/releases
^
Instantly translates anything by right-clicking selected from any detected language to any language

flashgot.net/getit
^
best bulk download (just right click and then select whatevs and it will send everything to the download manager of your choice)

I'm not sure you can trust ANYTHING from or of Jow Forums at all, other than that Thinkpads are aight

Popular Jow Forums opinions are like fables. A lot of made up stuff, with a grain of truth in them.

Fables always reflect a certain underlying psychological preoccupation, often one central to the welfare and thriving of the entire group. Tribal primitives for instance tell stories of great and terrifying beings that can burst from nowhere and inflict terrific havoc, or which lurk in forests and caves and run rampant in the night, because these reflect the pressures of surviving the wilderness.

So what preoccupations do Jow Forums fables reflect?

Attached: 1473431552907.jpg (483x589, 78K)