ITT we design the perfect phone

>Jow Forums is happy about a company releasing a thicc phone
>it doesn't take advantage of its thiccness whatsoever

Let's design our own phone, Jow Forums. Pic related is my attempt. Sorry for the horrible MSPaint drawing, I don't have other drawing software installed.

Attached: the g phone.png (668x610, 20K)

How is a volume nob supposed to work when you have it in your pocket.

Attached: 1525694979213.png (618x968, 530K)

Attached: 96B3A392-3CFD-4FA1-9103-F9628E659E60.png (500x806, 222K)

It worked for the walkman and early MP3 players.

>using potentiometer for audio volume

Excuse me, I didn't sign up for arch, so can I please only have Gentoo on the two switch options instead of systems garbage k thanks.

Attached: phone.png (806x882, 38K)

>USB 2.0 TYPE A
>USB 3.1 TYPE A
Ask me how I know you have autism.

I wanna be able to plug in a flash drive, a printer or a keyboard and mouse without having to use adapters or bluetooth. Is that so wrong?

Why not just have two USB 3.1 Type A ports?
Why have something that's physically identical, totally backwards compatible, takes up the same space and PCB footprint, but can only be used at 1/20th the speed?
And I'm talking about 3.1 Type A (Or just USB 3.0 as it used to be called), not USB Type C.

Attached: phone.png (588x812, 27K)

Attached: oc.png (1316x1116, 876K)

>totally backwards compatible
But that's wrong

I just want my 18650 powered phone because fuck proprietary batteries even if it is removable

Cant most of this shit be done in Samsung DeX mode with an adapter? Why does it all need to be one the phone?

im not picky except for slide out keyboard, why do no flagships have these anymore

Attached: idealphone.png (1152x648, 21K)

This except with an Android Marshmallow-like interface and a headphone jack. Also all-black.

Attached: Pixel-4-concept.jpg (1404x1198, 95K)

>android marshmallow-like interface
this is about hardware dumbass

No it isn't.

>analog volume rocker
>slot in battery
what is this? a sony walkman cassette player?

Attached: sony walkman cassette player battery.jpg (800x566, 130K)

Sorry for my horrible drawing

Attached: 0d852039b5ae19261587d58c15dac040 копия.png (700x525, 38K)

This is literally an iPhone 6S.

s10 without selfie cam

Please explain what would work on a USB 2.0 Type A port but not a USB 3.1 Type A port?
Here's a little diagram.
Just incase you still hadn't fucking noticed, I'm talking about Type A. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: UPCSF033200_2.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Gumstick battery best battery

In terms of design basically the iphone 6s plus including the screen but
>no front facing camera
>USB-C and audio jack
>Literally don't care about CPU / RAM do whatever would be considered good for a phone without compromising on battery runtime too much
>put in a better DAC
>biggest modern battery possible make it a bit thicker if need be
>OS that's not for fucking retards and fully unlocked to install custom ROM

Best one so far.

>In terms of design basically the iphone 6s
7s antennas are cuter
>no front facing camera
why remove the camera if you dont intend to make it bezel-less

is a big protruding camera a yes?
I'm still waiting for the day we'll actually get a phone with a good camera

iPhone 6s dimentions
don't need selfie cam so extend screen to top
finger print scanner on back so extend screen to bottom
3.5mm and usb-c port on bottom
roughly 3mm or 4mm thicker for better, replacable battery

that's all I ask

but if I could dream, some sort of hybrid e-ink/normal display where you can toggle between the two modes, extending battery life for reading and full colour for video etc.

More space for better speakers. Do I use them often? Not at all. Do I use them 200 times more often than the camera? Yes.

the pinnacle

>>biggest modern battery possible

Attached: 5454.jpg (960x604, 124K)

Have you seen how huge that bezel is? It can easily fit a triple front facing camera setup and a 5.1 sound system

Attached: devicenb_650x900.png (650x900, 114K)

Glorious

I use a 6s plus as my main phone I know how big it is. But I also dislike the front camera and have no use for it so fuck it.

Attached: 6PB8GF9.jpg (2048x1536, 414K)

The perfect design

Attached: pearpad.jpg (375x500, 152K)

looks like logo of gentoo

Not OP but:
On desktops there are sometimes obscure USB3 driver issues that make it very handy to have a native USB2 port to fall back to.

Note 9 but with an extra USB C, an under screen fingerprint reader and dual sims

Nothing too insane. Looking at my Lenovo P2, some basics:
>keep the battery life/thickness
>have some western developers fix the buggy chinese software
>improve the camera a bit (doesn't need to be flagship tier)
>use USB-C already
And add a couple things from the OP:
>full-size USB-A would be nice if it can fit
>a second USB-C would be nice because why not
>I wouldn't use "audio in" but it would be interesting for musicians
>while you're at it, make the 3.5mm jacks those hybrid mini-toslink ones macbooks used to have

I've got a massive list of must haves I've determined from years around here. And I made this knowing no phone is going to be perfect for everyone.

>cellular/wifi/bt modem, gps, camera, 3d scanner, mic kill switches
>almost no bezels, no notch, sharp corners on screen.
>6 point touch 120hz user replacable 1920x1080 minimum resultion amoled display with 99.9+% color accuracy and the latest HDRs.
>ultrasound 3d scanner & fingerprint reader behind screen
>8gB of ram, 16gB available. 128gB of storage, 1tB available. snapdragon 855 or better cpu. 4 Amp-hour battery.
>hardware cryptocurrency wallet separate from main SOC. can be purchased with crypto. can use the NFC to make crypto transactions.
>metal enclosure, waterproof enough to fish out of the toilet and wash off
>hot swappable SD card, dual SIM, and battery. 3.5mm headphone jack. FM radio.
>3x16+ mp rear cameras, 1 telephoto, 1 for low light. Records at 4k with the latest HDRs.
>factory unlocked bootloader
>runs non-systemd, non-gnome, non-wayland, non-debian-based linux distro that can run android apps in isolation, or just the latest android because you can install a new os by loading the image onto a USB flash drive, holding down the volume buttons at boot, then highlighting the right menu option. With an SD card, you can even dual boot.
>ships with phone, camera, contacts, text/video call/group chat, web browser, repository browser, minimal essential system software, and that's it. ALL software and firmware are free software. NOTHING is proprietary.
>The system starts killing processes if the framerate drops below 120Hz, but you can turn that feature off.
(1/2)

>several models from 4.5" to 6.5" screen sizes, no more than 1/4" thick. 6.5" has a stylus.
>touch sensitive corners on large models, may be used as trigger buttons.
>6" version with no bezels whatsoever, and an exterior that's one solid peice of glass encapsulating the device. No buttons, no sim/sd slots, no stylus, no ports or jacks, no visible speakers, and no visible cameras available, but it does have touch sensitive sides for those special functions. Can be used for underwater photography. Can still multi boot. Can charge certain wireless peripherals by just laying them on the phone.
>There's also a model with a physical keyboard. Keyboard has programmable RGB backlighting with individual app profiles. This one has two USB ports, but only one camera.
>rugged model available with more bezels and more fatness, but you can't break it by dropping it and can use it for underwater photography, has packet radio transceiver and laser rangefinder built in, as well as another flashlight LED on the top end of the phone. This model has one normal camera and one IR camera.
>There's one foldable version that folds from a 5" phone into an 8.5" tablet. Somehow. It doesn't compromise durability.

(3/2)

>file browser supports mounting shared folders natively. you can automatically backup everything to these folders, and you can back up entire system images.
>relies on some federated protocol for communication that Jow Forums doesn't hate but somehow also has normie users that you can host a server for. the communications app somehow works with telegram, whatsapp, discord, slack, snapchat, mumble, IRC, and skype via drop down "send as" menu. the app's interface is completely customizable and settings can be imported and exported.
>you can plug it into just about any of the various lapdocks that have come out so far and it'll act like a regular old laptop. Somehow.
>somehow does not cost more than 600 dollars, for any model.
>has enough users for lots of accessories to be available, but almost none of the users are women.
>Made by a company whose management consists exclusively of teutonic gigachads, and employs not a single tranny or feminist. the company has received multiple lawsuits from feminist agent provaceturs who hated their aggressive pro free speech stance, and won every single one of them.
>it's made in YOUR favorite country!

so a note 8 or n9

What if I want to install Windows 7 on my phone?

HTC One M8 but with an OLED screen and usb c and an actual good camera.

1. Take the XZ1 Compact.
2. Add a proper DAC and removable battery.
3. Change nothing else about it.