What Jow Forums use to launch programs? I use Ulauncher , it's pretty comfy:^)

What Jow Forums use to launch programs? I use Ulauncher , it's pretty comfy:^)

Attached: demo.gif (619x460, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/emgram769/lighthouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks bloat

dmenu

Attached: 1513127783733.jpg (1800x2470, 2.19M)

I get no delays opening the launcher and my system is pretty shitty. It's as fast as dmenu desu.

albert. it got a lot better in the past couple years

based loliposter
rofi is bloat

Attached: 09a4bae1e8fb0f632200cf0824a99060.jpg (333x477, 42K)

Looks like a clone of alfred. I'll check it out.

windows start for apps
everything for files
auto hot key for complex functions like: extract most recently downloaded file, copy most recent filename (CMRF) from desktop, CMRF screenshots, CMRF downloads, pic related
windows workflow >>> linux workflow. prove me wrong. protip: ur gay

Attached: 2019-02-26_133126.jpg (606x373, 37K)

dmenu

it just werks.

Attached: 1526139354669.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

This is a two part question: Literally what do lincucks need to launch ever besides firefox or terminal? and... Why would you need to constantly use a launcher if lincucks never restart, so you use it to launch once and then wont need to use it again in a long time?

>Why would you need to constantly use a launcher
ThinkPads have like 10mb of ram so they have to close background programs

Press the meta key and start typing. When I see the the thing I want, I hit enter.
Isn't that what everyone does?

i click it twice with the mouse

why the fuck do I need a launcher when I can type the first few letters and it'll immediately show all my programs?

Attached: screenshot.1.png (400x507, 7K)

Too slow, you need to get something more optimized, user.

Attached: gaymer.jpg (219x230, 8K)

didn't know people existed that use the win start menu (or whatever the fuck its called)
consider suicide, normalfriend

What do you mean too slow. I type the letters and the results pop up instantaneously. The only advantage OP's special snowflake launcher has over Windows default search is that you can use it as a calculator inline.

I don't think this is dude is normal at all, even normies couldn't cope with the shit that was Windows 8 start menu. I remember back in the day I was on college and I used to fix computers for money, right after the oems started to ship w8 it my revenue jumped like 60% in a month just with downgrades to w7.
The dude you quoted is probably some kind of contrarian, probably in the spectrum.

It's aesthetic and better than navigating a ton of subfolders. I keep the most frequent programs on the taskbar obviously.

Attached: 1549764721156.png (1920x1080, 408K)

kill yourself

What VPN do you use user

I dunno about the one OP is talking about, but such launchers usually have features like selecting where to look, filtering something permanently (so it doens't clutter), fuzzy search and the program itself learns from your habbits so it rearranges stuff from most to least used. These usually feature plugins as well, like searching the web, opening browser tabs/bookmarks, searching for files (or pluging in to programs that can do that), command line, killing applications and all kinds of other shit you might need.

dmenu.

Attached: R1324_FEA_Tekashi69_B3.jpg (3000x1500, 2.14M)

Some free crap to bypass my government's restrictions. I wouldn't use windows if I cared about privacy.

Attached: 1543325350385.png (223x50, 3K)

Jesus Christ, if you get all that shit when you start typing "adobe", after 2 or 3 times you smarten the fuck up and type "photo..." when you want photoshop or "osh" if 11 things start with "photo"

I did it to show a comparison between OP typing 'file' and it showing multiple programs and me typing 'adobe', you brainlet. Why are people so fucking stupid that I have to explain this shit

Thanks for reminding me of that bad acid trip

Attached: 1512433844274.png (340x306, 50K)

For me, it was probably the model airplane glue.

There are no bad trips. If you can't handle 500ug, your a pussy hoe.

This
Ssh and Browser Tab Finder plugins are based.

>has to rely on autohotkey hacks because windows scripting is garbage

Because they are surface level normal scum that are invading my pure Unix derived experience with inefficient graphical interfaces and desktop threads

GNOME's built-in search. It's pretty good actually. Nothing overly fancy but it's fast and works.

Winkey then type what I want

>graphics are inefficient, inelegant, and bloated
A pure-bred UNIX weenie in the wild.

>posted from cli since xorg won't start

plasma search

Attached: file.png (725x684, 318K)

rofi

Wox

the default launcher provided by each system I use, rebinded to ALT+D. So, dmenu on archlinux, xfce4-appfinder on xubuntu, 'Spotlight Search' on macosx.

>Browser Tab Finder
just use firefox with tree style tab you botnet dummy

>why do I need a launcher when I can use a launcher
did you try to think before you posted?

krunner ripoff

Dis

based and abandonedware

>last update 22 Dec 2018

I still use a quick-launch toolbar with 16x16 icons and no text

Attached: never.png (836x438, 45K)

its called krunner

>last commit
>on Feb 25, 2019
user why are you like this

>hasn't heard about Ulauncher's RCE vulnerability
everyone switched to Wox dude

based

Attached: Konqi.png (1280x905, 303K)

dmenu
back when I was ricing I used rofi

Launchy - I tried others but they don't have enough control over what I don't want appearing

Attached: launchy.webm (640x320, 47K)

baste and lolipilled
very fast and very nice

>I don't know a single other person who does this abnormal thing
>Kill yourself for being normal
Unironically bad post

I use a terminal because idk how to make program shortcuts (only way i know to run spyder after installing the python de). Im hoping its not the same when i have to install R.

github.com/emgram769/lighthouse

Attached: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5a3657305562652e676966.gif (640x400, 2.87M)

This