I like coding enough that I'm paid by my college to tutor it...

I like coding enough that I'm paid by my college to tutor it, but I failed my last precalc test cause I'm math stupid for some reason :c

Any advice for getting through it?

Attached: image0-28.jpg (852x370, 31K)

>precalc
We took that sophomore year of high school how fucking retarded are you?

If you're math stupid, it means you're actually stupid. I think you should find another career

I feel bad for the students in your school that get cs tutoring by someone that can't even do precalc

Study. I got below average grades for maths in school and thought it was too hard and that I was stupid, but then wanting a real degree I stopped being a lazy shit and put actual time into it tutoring myself even while working full time, and viola I fucking got top grades.
If you don't get it after putting genuine time and effort into it you're genuinely stupid.

Attached: 1549536373125.jpg (594x648, 65K)

>failed precalculus test
>tutoring programming
Please don't do this.

Idk, I'm an American. Our education system is known for being shit

I mean, I can write programs that can do it just fine. I got through college algebra by beating algorithms into my skull, which I did by writing programs that do them in c++ and python repeatedly. I understand programming concepts just fine. It's solving problems and memorizing the exact way to do it when we learn something new in math every day, where I struggle.

Attached: tenor.png (540x304, 276K)

So am I, the problem isn't the school

Also in the US and also took this sophomore year. Not even in the smart math track like a decent portion of our class was doing that freshman year.

You’re literally worse at math than 14yr olds and trying to be a programmer. Either get study or a communications major or something.

Stop browsing Jow Forums. Stop posting on Jow Forums. Stop watching anime. Go take care of your work. Study. The assholes that post here aren't your friends.

Work on yourself OP. Go.

Really? All my school ever tought us was geometry and algebra. Maybe it's just my state?

Yeah, you're probably right. Jow Forums probably isn't great for motivation or self improvement

You're retarded because you post anime girls on the internet, you fucking faggot.

Kek im too stupid to get paid for knowing shit so don't feel bad

I felt stupid for dropping topology after getting a C on the midterm. Failing precalc is retard tier.

Op, when I took freshman and sophmore math courses I used khan academy. It's free, they have lessons and it's explained really well. You can also get a subscription to chegg. Chegg will list out the steps needed to get the solution in your homework.

Is it an issue with understanding concepts or just with dealing with the algebra/not making errors? If it's concepts then there are people like 3blue1brown that do a good job of explaining things in actually digestible/understandable forms. If it's the latter then you've just gotta buck up and do some more practice.

>Dropping a class after getting a passing grade on the midterm
Literally what

It's a repeated story, people good at comp sci stuff but suck at math. Either they somehow manage with a c or eventually switch major. Unless you are into graphics and shit, you won't ever need it in a job. But unless you get through the degree, you won't get the job.

You get good at math by solving lots of problems. Do all the exercises in your textbook, and if that isn't enough find more (e.g. ask your professor).

I'm American and my school had a great math program. I'm from GA so must have been your specific school. Anyway, go on Khan academy and go through the entire math track. Don't skip anything. You need to fully understand the easy stuff completely before moving on to more complex things. After that, hammer away at problems for each subset of mathematics.

Study

It's actually more difficult to stay stupid at a subject when you're really dedicating a significant amount of time and energy to learning it.

I failed Calc 2 the first go around. Took it a second time, studying the book and hw for 7 (10 on weekends) hours everyday, and got an A+ no problem.

Y-you do know an american degree usually requires you to take Numerical Analysis (Calc 2+) to earn a bachlors right? My recommendation would be to look up tutorials on youtube. Sounds like a meme but there’s alot of good tutors on there for everything from algebra to differentials

Read How to Solve it, by Polya, and/or street fighting mathematics.

Or start with SICP and go to the books above.

Something is only difficult because you don't understand it. Study until you do understand it.
You probably had similar difficulty with programming when you started out.