What do I need to re-terminate this cable end, and why do people use this old shit?

What do I need to re-terminate this cable end, and why do people use this old shit?

Attached: Broken.jpg (2032x2304, 1.95M)

It's the coaxial standard.

Because Coaxial is incredibly low noise and low loss you faggot. So it's important for any signal processing application

A BNC female connector.

Yeah I'm just butthurt because this pin broke off. Can you just get a coaxial termination tool and end at any hardware store? Or amazon is the best bet?

Any of the big box hardware stores will have the BNC connectors and crimpers.

You guys rock, I genuinely appreciate it. The end thats broken has the pin sticking out of it, but you say this is the female end? So I can just cut the cord and crimp it with that female end and be good to go plug it back into the box?Anything else I should know?

You need pic related - bnc crimp kit.. if it's a short run you could always just order a preterminated jumper... What kind of circuit is it? A DS3.. or some ancient token ring lan... Or CCTV?

Attached: 20190226_163114.jpg (4032x2268, 2.92M)

The newer connectors don't need an indentor tool .. you will still need to calibrate your stripper.

Attached: 15512170099813390436841164565871.jpg (4032x2268, 2.07M)

Attached: 155121741289111902733617590463.jpg (4032x2268, 2.06M)

Are you trying to fix what you have in your picture? Or, are you looking for the connector that connects to what you have in your picture? I assumed you were looking for the connector that attaches to your pic, when I said female BNC. What you have pictured is a Male BNC. Sorry about that.

Its hardly ever standard RF grade RG58,59 or 6.. it's usually a WECO standard like 735A, 1694a.. you will not find what you are looking for in home Depot, if you have a graybar store near you they may have it in stock

Attached: 15512177002796652899360478889768.jpg (4032x2268, 2.06M)

What are you sippin on there?

Yes I'm trying to cut what's in the picture and re-terminate that male end, thanks
It's going to a CCTV system, so the long ass cable is just coming through the wall and we have a couple feet to work with, if that.
There's a Graybar that's not too close, but if I'm in the area I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the info cuz otherwise I was hitting home depot.
Would I be good to order the stuff off amazon or is it going to be way more expensive?

You are the fuckin man

OP you're overthinking it, just do what I did:
- Use pliers to remove the connector
- Use a cable knife to fix the cable
- Put some super glue on the connector, and use pliers to pull it back on
- Wrap with some tape as extra measure
Been using it like that for the past 8 months with no issues.

Attached: IMG_20190227_014112.jpg (2448x3264, 1.57M)

I think the connector might be different. The male end which is broken has the pin completely missing from it, so I believe I have no choice but to terminate a new end?

Unless (I don't know anything about coax) the thin wire which broke is actually a park of the cable itself? Meaning I'll be able to just stick the cable through the same connector?

If you mean the thin piece of metal in the middle broke then yes, that's part of the cable, that's actually the wire that carries the signal so you just need to peel a bit of the insulation to reveal more of it.

Attached: file.png (500x500, 214K)

Well shit that may be worth a shot then, thanks

You could always extend the cable from the wall so you have more to work with. Crimping it is very easy with the right tools. pic related is cheap and will make sure the cut is to size

Attached: 6013ed3f-3ae2-4225-969a-9d3a6c0de51f.jpg (361x361, 23K)

Yeah these people are cheap so I think we'll just try the "make it work for now" method and let them know if we can't get it, or it doesn't stay stable, we'll have to go buy the tools to re-terminate it properly. We don't have the tools and wouldn't use them that often so I don't know if it's worth grabbing or not

any particular tool sets or brands you recommend from Amazon or other site?

I found one kit that came with the crimper and stripper and some jacks, but it didn't appear to have something to calibrate the stripper with like in , unless it's a self-done process. I don't know shit about coax damn

LOL, I used to do that with just a knife as a kid.

This is more the Jow Forumsentooman answer I was expecting, but I'm still extremely appreciative of the literal professional answers from So now I know what I need to do a proper job if I have to, and how to quickly patch it too, cheers

I hate BNC connectors with a passion and hope I never have to crimp one again. Thank god IP cams took over.

Wtf just use a stanley knife and plyers like anyone else. No fancy tools needed for a simple coax cable.