I'm an actual, employed programmer that does work. On my work PC I can use any OS I wish. I like to use Linux...

I'm an actual, employed programmer that does work. On my work PC I can use any OS I wish. I like to use Linux. What is the best distribution of Linux for people who actually do work on their computer? I don't want to rice Gentoo for the next 40 hours.

Attached: aa.png (600x182, 12K)

Pick literally whichever distro you feel comfortable using, doing work is more important than spending hours selecting a distro.

thanks desu

Mint Debian 3, or Devuan if you're slightly more clued in and autistic.

unironically Ubuntu

>I dont want to rice Gentoo for the next 40 hours
never gonna make it

But user you just posted it

you already wasted enough time

install gentoo

I use latest Ubuntu lts release for work

>employed programmer
>can use any OS he wants
Damn, IT virgins btfo, I imagine it's a nightmare for them to have everyone use any OS they want.

Debian Stable with XFCE or your DE of choice.

>rice gentoo for 40 hours

Nonchink here, what does this meme?

We're allowed to install any OS on our laptops but the IT support staff said they wouldn't help us for personal problems if we installed anything other than Windows, MacOS or Ubuntu.

>or Ubuntu.
Weird because in most places with a policy like that, they'd operate Redhat specifically because of it's corporate support, so the IT department knowing their way round Fedora wouldn't be an issue.

Manjaro Cinnamon

Then go for Ubuntu. Why choose a random distro, when you're gonna have to spend your working hours fixing it if it breaks.

It's probably just a general rule to avoid having to troubleshoot really obscure linux distros. I've personally never had to go to support for issues with my laptop anyway.

I'm not the OP. Although I did just stick with Ubuntu because they were passing an Ubuntu LiveUSB around the office on the day we got our laptops and I couldn't be bothered to download another distro.

I use Xubuntu 5 years strong.

Manjaro KDE

I'm an actual, employed sysadmin.
I use fedora.

It just werks.

>I like to use Linux
>I have no idea what distro to use

You obviously have never seriously used linux. Just leave.

Don't be autistic and fucking install Windows

This. I also run i3. Not for ricing but for extra 2hrs of battery life.

op here;
I use Ubuntu on my home laptop

How can you use Linux unseriously?

>Install Linux distro for an hour
>LOOK AT ME I'N LOONURDS MASTUR NOW

Manjaro, it's not as bleeding edge as Arch (therefore it doens't break), has a nice gui for pacman and you can build from AUR. Plus you can download a image with basically any WM out of the box, working right away.

TL;DR: Manjaro, Arch for people with a life.

Attached: Z.jpg (300x168, 8K)

How's the development for i3? I don't use it since 2012, any major new release or feature?

Imagine not using tuned

I've used Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora for all my daily work the past four years. Any of these three you will find work great.

it has a wayland port

Ubuntu and Fedora are the only relevant distro's

>wants to use Linux on a work PC
>asks retarded questions about what distro to use
kys

You'll thank me later

Attached: 1547297543588.jpg (800x600, 23K)

>Latest version is called "Hipster"
No thanks

>Ubuntu and Fedora are the only relevant distro's
Employed?
CentOS or RHEL at work?
Fedora.
/thread/

Attached: 20-ombre-haarfarbe-fur-kurze-haare-59388bb712a19.jpg (500x637, 36K)

fpbp
anything that sets itself up is fine, ubuntu lubuntu etc. spend more time coding

Ubuntu with Unity, unironically.

you say it like gentoo is the only riceable os

Attached: 2019-02-26-180252_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 752K)

>muuhh coding
Hi Karlie
Is all the same shit. Pick any of them.

A tip to you good sir :^)

Not for Java programmers
Fedora is much better than Ubuntu
Ubuntu's Eclipse package is stuck at 3.8 from 2012
Ubuntu OpenJDK is always out of date too
Fedora keeps latest of both

What about opensuse

I'm not that user but am a Fedora user/advocate and would recommend the RH ecosystem over SuSE.

Debian. It's stable, well supported and popular.

Old fucking engineer here. Im about to do the same, want a new project.. Im doing Fedora KDE.. Fuck Gnome, oh and fuck anyone that uses Emacs.

Attached: cdb6fd674e7705810b394926968c31a6ceb8fcb77871752d85467eb52fbd3232.jpg (255x252, 11K)

Attached: today I will remind them.jpg (1419x591, 144K)

TempleOS

Attached: 1537968521289.png (600x373, 92K)

Fedora, openSUSE, or a Debian-based distribution (preferably just Debian itself).

I've been running Fedora with stock GNOME 3 for a long ass time now. Never had any problems, never have to worry about managing my system as opposed to just using it.

Pretty sure Red Hat is the industry standard.

Debian doesn't need you to get things fixed overtime, the only problem it's that you must sacrifice having the latest libraries and software; you'll get security updates only.
That or Gentoo.

Anything else it's testing OS.

Emacs is great if you have 3 hands.

I honestly don't hate Gnome. I just dislike Fedora since it wants me to reboot every update, and those seem to come down like twice a day.

Fedora.
If you want to experiment, then Solus (Budgie Flavor) or Pop!_OS

>that time manjaro literally turned back time

#!++

>red hat is a testing os
cope retard, debian is just half baked sjw red hat with tons of packages

Devuan
Or gentoo, it's actually low maintenance after you install it

I was thinking about Ubuntu but ok.