>masterful linux skills
>no degree
>no hope
>see people who work at coding companies
>"wow I work on python"
>"I am a scrum master."
>seems pathetic to me
>but who am I to judge
>I have sort of forgotten what the hell it was that made me want to code in the first place
>maybe all I wanted was to make a computer game
>bring joy to the eyes of my child self
>little did I know that all that stuff is done by the art designers
>Whittle away in my shell
>just whittling away at my shell
>I can feel the pain, it's real
>keep going
>maybe I should have just learned powershell
>as if
>yep
>24 year old doomer thread

Attached: 1543188758624s.jpg (229x220, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8i5NLyXZdc
github.com/pret/pokered
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learn networking

Networking is http you fucking boomer

>tfw fail nofap everyday

The hardware, you dipshit

Not pajeet-level webpages

>learn programming for doing mathematics
>realise I fucking hate computational proofs

Why would I learn fucking hardware I am not IT.
>turn on virtual machine
>http works
>thats all I care about

Even larping as one of these fags is a waste, what a fag mentality, stop crying fucking losers.

I am listening to the smiths ironically and enjoying it. Fuck you, whoever you are. *inhales cigarette*

>too good for this world.

beat me to it

>doomers are people too scared of failure to want
>its basically tail wag dog Buddhism which is cool I guess
>cure is still forcing yourself to interact with other people
>1 year of any reoccurring social club or activity == miraculously cured

28 year old doomer here.

Originally I got into computers because I loved video games and didnt have many friends, so my computer was my only solace. I figured that would be good enough reason to major in computers. I have my path laid out, right?

Well, in learning computers I utterly DESTROYED the magic of video games. I dont even see them as games anymore, just simulation programs with arbitrary constraints and rules, and by 'playing' the game, you're just doing pointless tasks to change bits in the software.

Even with that, I can get paid the big bucks right? Well its not worth it. Having a job in computing just makes you hate computers and hate building shit.

If you love computers, dont make them your life

Anything you study in school, or work with as a job, you start to hate.

>Be me
>Be 29
>Repair PCs at 12.
>Crippling debt fucks me and my family up.
>Parents separate, fuck me up even more
>Now at Uni, at 29, 2nd year.
>I barely code.
Dotn feel bad. There are worse people than you.

all the generational wojaks are reddit garbage

Hang in there, brother.

Keep honing your code, christmas is coming soon.

Attached: M7Kj613D_400x400.jpg (226x226, 9K)

>networking is http
Now who's the retard? Http is a protocol. It's part of the application layer. Even if http encompassed the entire layer (protip it doesn't), you missed out on 6 layers

Http isn't even that bad. All it is, are headers, the body, and trailers. Headers are just key value pairs. Body is any generic data (could be text, an image, msgpack, json, protobuf, etc). Trailers are more key value pairs. There's nothing in the standard saying it MUST be used in a browser. You can have C/C++/Rust/Go/PHP/JavaScript/Erlang/Haskell http servers communicating with clients in any manner you want

That said, the best use cases are file sharing, HTML, and APIs. You can work with raw TCP if you really want, though. Only reason to use http is for its vast support (curl is in every language, most linux installs, and windows too)

Attached: osi.gif (800x618, 143K)

I can understand their mentality a bit, but I've never understood why they try to present themselves as unique, subtly superior to all the other normalfags. It's like the fuckers at Jow Forums who have found a way to take pride in being unable to get laid at 30

> Be kid
> Outcast at school
> Alone at house pretty much all the time
> get into videogames and pc
> 'heh this is fun'
> vicious cycle: shunned -> get more into tech, repeat
> Family 404
> Only thing I kinda know how do is tech shit
> Convince myself I like it
> Get into CS
> Drop out
> BS my way into a JS dev job
> 'I enjoy this'

Attached: 1518936020283.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

Not quiet 24 but 21 and just started my degree. A 17 year old called me "heaps old" and didn't comprehend that id be 27 when i graduate (double degree with honours)

Just become a bloomer, dont stay a doomer like i was for a few years

>God level programmer, started age 13
>Graduate top of class CS
>Realize it doesn't matter because this world does not in any way shape or form recognize actual skill, only interpersonal skill and taking credit for the actions of others
>Get rejected in interviews for being autistic and weird, despite acing all their technical questions
>Build increasingly more complex and interesting projects
>still rejected because I am bad 'culture fit'
At this point I want to watch it all burn, is it too much to ask for but a small slice of this world?

A lot of engineering at least is learning to not be a robot

Protip: if tech is anything more than a hobby for you, you've fucked up massively somewhere along the way and you need to carefully consider your actions going forward. Office jobs of all types tend to attract weaklings and weirdos. No amount of money will persuade me to ever again work with a man who can't lift 50 pounds above his head. Absolutely disgusting. Working in a steel mill is hot and loud but at least the people here are genuine and honest, and they don't pry into your personal life.

Attached: 1547028517343.png (700x943, 26K)

>Self pity, the post
the only is up user, don't focus on the hurdle, focus on the prize.
If your skills are so great, then go work at RedHat, they're hiring anyways and i think they have an internship program.

>no hope
ftfy, there is always hope. The universe is asymmetric and God aligned it to good.

youtube.com/watch?v=N8i5NLyXZdc
be the hero you want to be, and live for tomorrow :)

clean your room

You're larping and if you arent I can guarantee you are not as good as you think you are. Amazon has tracks of recruiting that are completely devoid of contact, just automated assessments. although this may only be for intern hiring. Most devs are weirdos to some given degree, whether its bugmen willing to cuck themselves or an autists with severe anxiety.

You should work on your 'tism then, you need to be able to cooperate with other people even as a developer.

Attached: 1487789921228.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

>implying a top of their class student wouldn’t have companies throwing offers at him
There’s no way all companies turned you down for being “weird” if you aced everything. Unless you just silently solved it and didn’t project your thoughts out loud

I went from being a doomer to a bloomer and I'm 26. I'm still depressed, but people are impressed by my performance. Just realize Jow Forums is not how you want to end, it's full of kids who will end up with burger jobs. You can do it, user. Just become a weird normie even if you have mental problems you can learn how to past the college age. Even cwc did throw away most of his toys despite dwelling further into his world.

If you were actually as good as you say you are, companies would overlook your lack of social ability just to have your technical skills in the company. But you're not, so they didn't, and here you are

>Even cwc did throw away most of his toys
No, he sure didn't.

wtf does rugby have to do with linux doomers

based doomer poster

I can enjoy certain games, but I get pissed off pretty easily at most software because I can recognize where the devs were retarded/lazy

Nigger go back to Jow Forums if you're going to be a doomer.

Why not get a degree somewhere cheaper, like Germany?

>21 yo college dropout
>newfound passion in programming
>decide to go back to college
>fast forward 4 years
>attend one of the last seminars before I graduate
>teacher asks every student what their text editor of choice is
>my turn
>"vim"
>everyone else laughs

Attached: 0.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>senior year of university
>have to do another semester because I failed hardware, programming languages, and calc 2 twice
>2.5 gpa
At this rate I'm going to be a NEET with 50k debt

I'm almost 3 years out of university, and my GPA was only slightly better than yours.
CompE degree? (guessing based on the hardware mention)

You should be able to find some programming job at a middling company locally, so long as software companies exist near you. Then you just gotta put up with whatever BS goes on there.

you'll get to the point where you realize most of these projects aren't too complicated. if its only you working on them, how could they be? you don't have anyone else building out all the bullshit while you work on the hard stuff.

isn't that sad? it's basically impossible to build something complicated without some other people filling in all the bullshit.

what are "masterful linux" skills.

holy fuck those guys are fucked

Computer Science. hardware and operating systems are required here
Thanks for the info. I've just been working on my github to try to get it up to snuff

>masterful linux skills
so you know how to update that shitt arch of yours? is that a skill now? are you this fucking deluded?

this poster is undoubtedly a pajeet

They laugh because they cannot compete.

>just simulation programs with arbitrary constraints and rules, and by 'playing' the game, you're just doing pointless tasks to change bits in the software.
You don't need to spend 4 years studying computer science to figure this one out.

Art designers know assembly?

github.com/pret/pokered

is this the daily 'whine about your life' thread?
>24
>live in shit country with no many great opportunities
>gonna get master's degree in a couple of weeks
>accepted some shitty summer internship few years ago
>accepted to continue working for that company part-time as student and still am
>company is hellhole corporation with tons of bureaucracy
>signed some contract by which they pay me scholarship but after getting my degree I gotta work for them for as long as I accepted the scholarship or pay it back
>seemed easy enough
>uh oh
>job is absolute shit, sub-department even worse
>start to hate it not even a year in
>nothing to do most of the time
>almost get to do no development even though I'm hired as software dev
>programming skills deteriorate
>can't work on own projects because don't have access to most of stuff I require due to strong security policy
>keep getting meaningless shit to do just to keep me '''busy''' which makes me unable to do my own projects or studying
>even when I do get to setup and try out projects (which are risky and not worth giving to regular employees to waste time on) they get taken away from me as soon as they're set up properly (by me)
>keep getting decent job offers on linkedin and via friends
>even offers from some international world-renown companies
>can't get out because no money to pay back the scholarship
>can't take loan out because no credibility since I technically never 'worked for real' (student contract doesn't count)
>parents already neck deep in debt
>don't want to ask brother for loan so I don't put pressure and stress on him in case I somehow do fuck up again
>don't want to bring it up with the companies in fear of them rejecting me based on that (or getting me into the same deal but with them) in case I somehow find a way to fix this mess myself
>2-3 years of 'worthless' experience since I learned nothing and don't even want to do webshit for a living
>daily suicidal thoughts
thanks for reading my blog

I've been programming at a job for years and don't have this problem at all. If a game is fun that's fine.

>laughs in free education

oh man why did you remind me? this bit is even more sad
>get free bachelor's at uni, like it there
>want to continue there for master's
>it's free but I don't get student rights (makes me unable to work via student contracts which would make me unable to continue working part-time after that internship)
>don't want to work full-time because I might fuck up the degree
>desperately look for another school for master's that would allow me to get student rights
>find one but it's paid and pretty unknown so no reputation
>enroll anyways because I really wanted to work to have experience and some cash
I completely forgot that not only I wasted this much time and sanity due to this company, but I also pretty much lowered the quality of my education. Also 'abandoned' my friends which I used to attend that bachelor's with.
Ah my day is ruined and it's only 9 in the morning

Samefagging much?

Imagine going to college for at least 3 years, possibly racking up debt well over $50K just to write javascript with a bunch of numale hipsters for minimum wage. That's your average CS grad.

Based

Ridicule is the tribute that the mediocre pays to the genius

Other kind of networking can come in handy too.

25 lvl
when i started my first sisi-admin job i liked computers, it was something personal. if it broke you cared and fixed it. now it is depersonalized if something breaks rip the guts and replace. now it is just a job

Attached: 1551116225601.png (2280x1080, 657K)

>27, decent code monkey job with perks and health insurance
>still feel that my job is worthless and meaningless
>attractive but social awkward
>cute girls in office but the only ones that want the d are the ugly and/or fat ones
>top high end computer, only play old games and emulators
>spend most time in Jow Forums and in conspiracy forums
>feel that this world is a lie but can't figure the path to enlightment
>better life than most people but still feel sad all the time

cringe

I feel you, user.
Same age and all.

you simply did it for the wrong reasons. as stupid as it sounds: find out what you really want. maybe you need a change in perspective.
new job, new hobby (best where you can find some friends), psychedelic drugs maybe?

>>masterful linux skills
seems pathetic to me

Then browse /ic/ and learn to to draw. Or learn how to make 3d models. Browse artstation.com, look for tutorials/process pics from your fav artists there. Start carrying a sketchbook with you and draw from life.

ouch. get some help man. it must be possible to fix this. take a risk.

>can't figure the path to enlightment
try not believing in conspiracy theories for a start

I was into occult shit and conspiracies too. After some traumatic happenings I found my way back to Jesus Christ. Seek him and repent for your sins user. It's really late in the game but I know you can make it.

>>top high end computer, only play old games and emulators

Feel your pain user

>Hey rebbit I can't get a job what's wrong with muh industry?
>It can't be that I don't know the fundamentals, I can press the button to get the VM's

Never change, neet fodder

yea, I just hope I can make it as painless as possible. My largest problem is that I'm overly autistic when it comes to debt. I've avoided remedies and taking action for all this time simply because I didn't want debt, all the while accumulating it.

>not word pad

>Can't figure out the path to enlightenment

Go watch The Greatest Story Never Told and a bunch of Impartial Truth videos, I'll see you at the other side young goy

there's too much red in this pill

being 'redpilled' isn't enlightenment

Go take your antisemitic crap to Jow Forums, filthy goy.

Goebbels would argue against that.
Killing jews cured his depression.

Don't you want to help save the environment, protect animal rights, and rightfully take our place among the stars?

>No amount of money will persuade me to ever again work with a man who can't lift 50 pounds above his head.
this is how I can tell you work an office job or you're on HRT.
how the fuck is 50 pounds impressive? I could pull that off before I ever started going to the gym. I spent 12 hours a day playing video games and I was still able to outlift your lanky fish smelling ass.
>mfw factoryvirgins think operating a forklift and pushing objects onto a assembly line is physically taxing
laughing at your entire existence. try cutting down trees all day by hand. you could use the fresh air.

killing jews killed him
you don't know what enlightment means

>No amount of money will persuade me to ever again work with a man who can't lift 50 pounds above his head.
how is it even possible to be that weak?
and why are you so gay that you care?

he died doing what he loved.
also ill take a basic functioning society first before we get to that enlightenment stuff. We've just been piggybacking off of the Nazi's technological success since we "beat" them.
We wouldn't have reached the moon without Nazis (many of whom were war criminals) recruited by NASA. Clearly they were doing something right.

same but with films
>love films
>get job in industry
>see film: that will make 25m in the box office.
>see film: small box office, ciritical hit, chance of awards
>see film: biggest hit of the year, huge box office figure, not a single redeeming moment
>"but user, all those films, did you like any of them?"
i cant remember. i just saw the financial side of them.

Get the fuck off my board shekelstein.

>The universe is asymmetric and God aligned it to good.

Fucking lol

By definition of the word "enlightenment" it is

4channel is a jew friendly site.
Antisemites are NOT welcome here.
Someone delete his posts already.

maybe you should try getting a job

>oy vey, the goyim be mean online, persecute them now! *shrieks in semetic*

Just make a game like Dwarf Fortress, no artists and all the nerd cred

>be me
>26
>front-end web dev and designer
>no uni education
>company loved me when I started working for them, efficiently created designs made with cutting edge memes before they got popular
>some other front end developers are laid off
>company keeps me
>feelsgood but now have to do jobs of a few other people
>they lay off almost all of the front-end devs
>still around, future looking bleak
>handling the workload of several people now
>company says they'll keep me if I continue to work hard
>ask for a raise
>boss immediately holds my job hostage knowing that it would be an absolute bitch to find a job elsewhere
>never get raise, still working at almost entey-level pay
>slave long hours underpaid but still expected to deliver quality

How fucked am I Jow Forums, I'd give it another year before I burn out completely and they finally kick my ass out the door.

so why not start looking for another job? Only problem I imagine is lack of education

>doomer
>robot 2.0
>no more "tfw no gf"

Nice graph, do you have the source?

It wouldve been great to have a nice summary like that when I first learned OSI

>masterful linux skills
not a sysadmin/op user? why not?

Yeah start looking while you're still employed, experience & portfolio should cover most companies' expectations right?

Am I wrong?
Protip: no

I just duckduckgo'd OSI model

>26
>unemployed for 3 years
>store clerk experience only
>degree in computing
>no friends
>starting a data analyst job next week
>have no idea where to begin to analyse data
>have no idea how to visualize data
it's a start i guess