>2019
>6GB
Any excuse?

Attached: image.jpg (999x999, 125K)

>implying

Attached: 4GB r9_furyx_cooler_straighton_4c_5inch-558a7d6db7b2e.jpg (2167x1500, 413K)

I'm still on 2

the 970 only had 3.5GB usable. Why are Nvidia so jewy with Vram?

>Big number is better

Attached: bigonesmoarbetur.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Because they have superior compression and a more efficient architecture so they don't need to brute force their inefficient bottlenecks through a fucking terabyte of memory bandwidth?

No real compete from AMD.

I still only have 2GB. Do you really feel like you need 8GB?

Attached: 1548973299249.png (929x940, 497K)

>budget GPU
>criticizing obvious cost cut

entitlement

you need 48+48 GB

Attached: EXX-IMG-1845625.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Not enough compute to make use of a 256 bit bus.

Green: Not enough RAM to maximize GPU power
Red: Not enough GPU power to maximize RAM usage

>budget GPU

>cheapest model in Australia is $550AUD, while some of the nicer models go for $699AUD...

Super budget-tier m80!

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Jow Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Jow Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

Upvoted.

>playing games

What else can you do with an amd GPU?
No cuda, or software support, so you literally could only use it for bare bones gaming, and watching video minus features.

checked, also kinda related:
>we allocate all available memory with the superfetch service, the idiots think they need more!

>Australia
Kek.

Shitcoin Mining
Keep Your House Warm During Winter

Attached: housefire.jpg (960x720, 81K)

Everything an equivalent CUDA card can do but better and cheaper?

Sucks ass living here as a tech enthusiast, you have no idea how backwards this country is, coal is literally the only goddamn reason we aren't third worlders

>Mining
That ship has sailed though
>Everything an equivalent CUDA card can do but better and cheaper?
Proof? Last time I checked a gtx 1050 ti with cuda was faster than a Vega Fe at waifu 2x, and a gtx 1050 is cheap as fuck.

is 6gb not enough? i feel like most games dont even use 6gb.

Port it with HIIP to rocm.

>superfetch
Is this the next step after neofetch?

>Everything an equivalent CUDA card can do but better and cheaper?
so nothing?

Very few games actually use uncompressed textures that'll fill up 6GB of VRAM.

>port
You know why people don't do this?
It's because it's not easy, and the end result is shit, and then you still need to rewrite everything to be compatible with amd hardware. It's just another half assed amd attempt just so they can have their shills say
>Hurr just do rocm
It's a shit alternative.

There's a reason no one uses Australia as a yard stick for anything.

Anyone here watch tech deals? He tested the 6b cards tomb raider, even when you go over the vram limit the game just chugs along anyway
6b is restricting with rendering and installing too many fallout mods but other then that you will be fine with 6gb

RTX 2060 owner here. I wish I bought an RX 580 with 8 GB of VRAM as it is more futureproof and will get better performance in the future. Fuck my life.

The only reason I have a dedicated gpu at all anymore is hashcat.

yeah it literally is

What if I live in Florida?

Will it burn down my house?

I like this pasta. Is it pasta? It reads like pasta.

>6GB
what do you need 3 for?

How many GB does one need for 1080p/high textures nowadays? Are 4 or 6 GB enough?

its proven that some games will just use up whatever Vram is available , it makes it appear like a game needs more memory than it needs.

the 2060 has been benchmarked at 1440p and crushes games at that rez and it only has 6gb of Vram.

historically when it comes to grafics cards , the gpu will be the bottleneck long before its memory.

6GB is enough for now. People that want >8GB are hoping to future-proof.

It has no reason to exist when we have cheaper vega 56 that is superior every way. Fuck ngreedia.

>muh cuda
Meanwhile ayymd btfos nvidia and kiketel in scientific number crunching and research.

its essential if you want to buy second same gpu in a 5 y for sli

waifu2x

>implying

6GB? What do you need 4GB for?

Ok mega satan

Buy RTX goy.

I can't believe my own customer is trying to sue me over my last 3.5GB of VRAM

This.

it's a budget card, you retard

You are retarded for not using your brain, there is a reason why nvidia packed only 6gb in such a fast card for such a low price

Buy RX 570 8GB more future proof 6GN bad sir

>beat rx590 by 25% even at 4k
>muh vram

Attached: 1549555270073.jpg (1312x824, 311K)

There's actually little reason to have 6GB+ on mid range GPU right now.
Yeah, probably after generation or two 6GB will requite you to switch to "medium" resolution textures in moden vidya. But quite frankly the whole GPU will be quite outdated by then and it won't be the amount of VRAM that holds it back.

Nigga I'm still rocking 512mb

I love you tech satan

>beat RX 590
Sure, kid, ssshhhhuuuuurrreee:

Attached: GIMPWORSE VS FINEWINE.png (736x736, 1.55M)

>neither RX 590 nor 1660 Ti show up on the graph
>i-i hope nobody actually views my picture

>BF5
>Far Cry 5
And I know that post was from a drone.

Where is the 1660ti in your pic imbecil??

The real reason is because there is no money in doing so for your degenerate hobbies to draw like muh animus hentai.

Are you retarded? Directly below the RX 590.

>think the 590 is faster
>post some unrelated picture
>no rx590
>no 1660ti

THE CITY OF AMDRONES

Attached: battlefield-5_3840-2160.png (500x610, 39K)

Bait

no shit sherlock

Attached: 1472421567031.jpg (866x1300, 235K)

Where is the 6 GB 1660ti?
Nah, damage control

666 THE NUMBER OF THE NVIDIA

SACRIFICE OF RAM

IS GOING ON TONIGHT

Fixed image

Attached: 1551270517201.png (736x736, 150K)

Isn't the PS5 going to have 16GB of VRAM?

Poorfags

CUDA has been irrelevant for years. Everyone uses OpenCL

Lmao

>1050 ti
>want to upgrade because it's shit
>thinking of getting RX 590
>this comes out
>now thinking of this instead
>then hear people saying Navi will come out soon to BTFO of both of these cards
WHAT DO

Attached: e3mqo18ag.jpg.png (500x497, 390K)

shared with the CPU

>thinking of getting RX 590
Was alway pure trash

my advice is to wait for navi. but you have to understand i'm heavily biased against nvidia because of all of the shit they've put me through when i had to switch to linux because of my work. nothing nvidia related works properly on linux. nouveau are absolute garbage and their official drivers work only until you have to update the system when everything goes to shit and you have to do nomodeset every time you want to boot up. so there's that

and when Navi comes out people will say wait for something else.

The only good cards from AMD right now are RX 580 8GB and the $280 Vega 56 if you can find one.

This. Wait for Navi 2.

I'm waiting for Navi but I don't think it will be as good as what I hope for.
I wanna hit 100FPS at 1440p in Witcher 3 without buying those poorly optimized Vega card.

Thanks for the input, team. Think I'll probably just get this instead

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-27 蓝宝石 讯景 迪兰Vega64 8G显卡战GTX1070TI 1080 RTX2070 VEGA56-淘宝� (939x422, 151K)

Your knowledge is like your Penis, little.
Cuda is better than OpenGL but the gap is very slim. The problem is than retarded can't implement OpenGL. What you mean no software support. I bet you play fortnite or apex.

>mfw i bought a 1070 SC for 200 bucks from a buddy and it was only used for about 3 months then put back into the box before I got it

Attached: 1341556256531.jpg (329x329, 13K)

You mean OpenCL?

Look at this retarded drone

Isn't this a 1080p card? Why do you need more than 6gb at that res?

More future proof

Don't plan to play any future games? Doom eternal, cyberpunk?

No.

Then buy a 570 if you're playing old games, what you need a high end gpu for

What would you need for those games ideally at 1080p?

I need higher FPS, not bigger resolution

>work one overtime shift
>buy 2080

Attached: 1548317929682.png (600x579, 277K)

8gb for max. Doom will lock the options if you have less just like 2016 doom.
Some games let you select ultra textures but will silently cut detail if you don't have enough vram too.

Jensen Huang will be happy with that, nice lil 60% profit margin

Yes, it is

>AMDjeet copes by pretending 6GB is bad

Every tech site, channel did tests to see if 6GB VRAM would be an issue and none found any problems, it smokes the RX590 at every resolution/detail