>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread:

Attached: dasher.jpg (976x679, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/pro-gaming-keyboard.html
kprepublic.com/collections/jj50-50
massdrop.com/buy/preonic-mechanical-keyboard
massdrop.com/buy/keylabs-tropic-thunder-artisan-keycap
massdrop.com/vote/Artisan-keycaps5
geekkeys.com/three-beeline-peppa-pig-keycap/
matt3o.com/hand-wiring-a-custom-keyboard/
keychron.com/products/keychron-mechanical-keyboard
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: dasher.png (1193x892, 2.05M)

Attached: alpha lock.png (658x870, 1.38M)

Question for mkganons, is there some mechanical keyboard that is also wireless with 1ms latency? Preferably tkl or 60% with f keys and backlit.

Attached: Epson PX-8.jpg (2250x1500, 707K)

Attached: Epson PX-8-2.jpg (1200x900, 586K)

Attached: Epson PX-8-3.jpg (2100x1500, 743K)

yes there is
logitechg.com/en-au/products/gaming-keyboards/pro-gaming-keyboard.html

Yeah, that isnt wireless at all.

I need a 12x5 ~50% mechanical keyboard I can have custom caps on.

What should I buy?

Small size is important to me.

either buy this or wait for the preonic kit to come up on massdrop again

kprepublic.com/collections/jj50-50

Are there any keyboards with RGB that also have underglow RGB?
I would assume Razer would have something, since they overdo their RGB implementation, but my brother is doing a display PC, and is paying me to help.

massdrop ctrl and alt are the only ones i know of

Fuck, how has Razer not tried this? I'd've assumed they were the ones that would go for it for maximum RGB meme.
Thanks anyway, the CTRL doesn't look too bad!

I was looking at preonic and saw they were all sold.

I know this is a dumb question, but I presume rather than buying a finished product in a lot of these cases, you buy the circuit board, the casework, then go out and procure the particular cherry or whatever keys you need, then the keycaps of your fancy? Assemble yourself?

Well, this actually works.
Still very rough test because I'm an impatient fuck and had to make a test cap without spending too much time on the details, but I figured out what not to do on the final mold, so at least not a full waste of time.

Attached: _20190227_145347.jpg (2592x3275, 1.09M)

yep

also for most you'll have to solder the switches in, but the preonic won't require you to
if you want to wait for it, go here and hit request, they'll email you when it's on sale again
massdrop.com/buy/preonic-mechanical-keyboard

Now make a Void one

>guy selling G910 for $35
>too good to be true
>go over anyway with friend
>checks out
>wonder what's wrong with it
>take it home
>plug it in
>right control key is super finicky
>=/+ housing is partially broken, slightly elevated on one side, always seems to hold down the button
I figured out the problem, but have no idea how to resolve it without tearing it all apart to try and fix it or anything.
Do I just try and super glue the housing down? What am I supposed to do? $35 for an otherwise functioning G910 is pretty damn good, and seems like a waste to take it back to try and get a refund.

With or without lettering?

is the durgod k310 any good? only review I could find of it was in italian, and the specs look pretty compelling for the price.

Attached: thing.png (633x515, 192K)

Iris

I have the tkl version, thing is built like a tank. Do it.

Up to you honestly. I think it might look like ass with letters

>massdrop.com/buy/keylabs-tropic-thunder-artisan-keycap
>over $40 for this lazy, utterly disgusting "gritty" sculpt of a retarded gorilla that won't even remotely match any of the keycaps you own
literally fucking WHY

>massdrop.com/vote/Artisan-keycaps5
>several really nice abstract, nature, sky, and cloud resin keycaps
>I WANT THE TV WITH THE PACMAN ON IT HAHA I'M SO RETRO xDDDD
reddit was a fucking mistake

They're made by the same OEM of Ducky and Varmilo keyboards so they're good
>chink plastics and steel
>built like a tank
LOL

does gergoman send shipping emails?

Hhkb or realforce?

No

Shit
Then how do we know its shipped

can someone provide some links to cool chink keycaps? sets or single ones.

for me it's the Vulcan

Attached: 81jQoWXIJkL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x975, 182K)

Wow holy fuck that looks like shit, I hope you got paid good shekels to shill that rainbow puke spaceship-looking turd.

Fuck yeah, you’re getting there user.

Any issues with bubbling?

Attached: E01FC536-AE2E-4253-B1DD-21186D454896.jpg (3264x2448, 1.38M)

It shows up!

Mostly because tracked shipping is expensive and if I fuck up it makes it’s way to me so I can ninja ship it. That and fuck tracking packages and that anxiety.

Attached: C577144D-9504-4E4E-88AB-88B66ABD5930.jpg (3264x2448, 1.34M)

The anxiety is part of the fun tho

How long is estimated shipping to europ?

Why do ergonomics resources tend to say that you shouldn't have your wrists on the wrist rest or your arms/elbows on arm rests while typing? Seems to me that constantly floating while typing for hours at a time would be worse for you arms.

My kbdfans pbt spacebar ("kit5" option, which looked darker on their site) came home, and it matches my hhkb.
Original abs shown on bottom.

Attached: woot.png (1280x626, 936K)

you jealous

Last I checked, plastic is pretty much universally produced in China when it comes to keyboards. And steel is steel.

An obvious evolutionary step. At one time these mighty beasts merely clacked, often frightening away its fellow inhabitants of the cubicle jungle. In order to subdue potential mates and prey alike, the mighty keyboard had to bare is switches and "turn up the glow." Whatever poor creature curious enough to observe the source of the sound would certainly find itself stunned now [in abject horror, presumably].

Attached: david-attenborough-2.jpg (900x750, 64K)

kek

Tfw Iris has arrived at my dorm but RA is is the only one with a key to the mail room

Attached: B352B70CF8FB46C3909B3B933C1A40E2.jpg (819x827, 80K)

Oh shit it's here

Still waiting on keycaps

Attached: IMG_20190227_144927_102.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

Tfw asked for no underglow and know nothing about qmk

How do I turn this off fuck

Attached: IMG_20190227_145638_315.jpg (1280x720, 304K)

Nevermind, there's a toggle

I love this thing

What ergodox variant is that?

it's an iris

no clue why you'd want one with the dumb thumb keys, every other ergodox variant uses 2u thumb keys for a good reason.

Do your research before spreading incorrect information. You have the choice of two 1u thumbs or 1 large, stabilized key.

You can put a 2u key there instead, mate

But then you lose a key, instead of having two thumb keys like every other ergo variant.

but...that's the point? the iris was made to be an ergodox that requires less actual hand movement and therefore less keys. the whole reason lewis ridden made the thing was because he couldn't even reach most of the keys on the ergodox.

hey, gergo guy, have you thought about making your own switches? like a small test set, or just modifying some in general
(because if you did make custom switches, though i feel you don't have the resources to do so - i would definitely buy an order even at a stupid high price)

>the whole reason lewis ridden made the thing was because he couldn't even reach most of the keys on the ergodox.
Sure, except small thumb keys arranged vertically are easier to mistype requires you to move your thumb in a weird way. Replacing them with one key is fine, except now you're short a key which means you're going to have to move other parts of your hand to hit modifiers.

Hitting the second thumb key on an ergo variant is a complete non-issue unless you've got ridiculous manlet baby hands.

That is a giant undertaking. I remember KBDfans saying they almost spent a 30k making their own switches, and that was just R&D.

For what purpose?

yeah fair enough nevermind haha
i kind of want to make at least like.. 3 switches, myself, see if it's at all possible to even make a numpad amount of switches
didn't realize it was that bizzarely costly

Making injection molds isn't cheap m8. Especially for tiny, precise parts.

i'm a fool, sorry

You don't get CTS in your arms. If anything they just get stronger.
That's because the problem with wrists is straining the tendons, not physical (muscle) strain. Muscles train and grow, tendons wear out and get fucked up.

Why the fuck did I buy this... You think I can woo a girl with this keeb or something. Like honestly I don't know why I ended up buying this, I hate it.

Attached: whythefkdidibuythis.jpg (1000x636, 239K)

That looks cool in the picture until you realize you just bought a fucking pink keyboard. Nice in theory but fuck is it ever gay. What switches?

wow that is real gay user. Wow that is a girly keyboard. Give me a link please.

.... AKKO pink switches... Whatever that is. Never heard of it. I think it is rebranded reds.

Attached: 2019-02-27 16_45_55-Window.png (1242x73, 107K)

>tfw grandparents were tortured by japs in WWII and now I have to make jap themed keyboards for americans

Premium ABS is made in Germany and America

>premium
>ABS
kek just overpriced

then by your logic, chinese plastic is better kek

>>>>>>>>>>premuim
>>>>>>>>>>ABS

well to be fair, it is made in Taiwan not China. Taiwan has been tight with Japan in recent years... more likely because that China is threatening them everyday.

you guys are not truly into this hobby unless you get peppa keycaps.

Attached: peppa.png (488x583, 389K)

I actually hate this.

where

Well my weeb ass friend said he would pay me 1:1 for what I paid so I guess that worked out.

Attached: weeb.png (1527x684, 2.08M)

gotta find them nigga. World ain't handing you fire for free.

With what logic would that be?

gherkin x macbook split going strong

Attached: IMG_4423.jpg (3705x2780, 1.8M)

just bought a ducky one with one side print and cherry mx clears
how badly did i fuck up

Attached: 51+ogisu9zL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x491, 62K)

>PBT caps
>non-shit MX switch
Not half bad.

Well, ABS degrades much faster with exposure to the oils in our hands, it shines and is generally less durable than PBT. So by your logic, if Americans/Germans make ABS, then Chinese PBT caps must be better.

>non-shit MX switch
well, let's not get carried away.

But I never said any of that. I just said that Americans and Germans also make plastics for keyboards, and are more premium when compared to their Chinese equivalents. The example I used was ABS, but they also make PBT keycaps too. Also I forgot to mention the Japanese.

It's infinitely better than the eternal brown or blue meme and the scratchfest that is pre-retool red or black at least.

Is there a full size mechanical keyboard with programmable macro keys that isn't gaymur shit?

Something QMK compatible. I don't use fullsize boards so I don't know which ones are out there though.

geekkeys.com/three-beeline-peppa-pig-keycap/ I looked it up just to spite you.

>keyplate finally arrived
First handwired build is now underway. Wish me luck anons.

Nice, post wiring once you're done.

Attached: IMG_20190119_183732.jpg (3264x1836, 1.46M)

is there a tutorial for this shit?

I'm sure there is on geekhack & the other usual keyboard autism sites. There's also this:

matt3o.com/hand-wiring-a-custom-keyboard/

Attached: two key.jpg (2000x1333, 1.04M)

Been thinking of giving these a try. the K2 is AESTHETIC as fuck, but i still want the numpad. It's also still not on sale yet. I don't suppose anyone here has given this a try? Both Apple and Windows versions available

keychron.com/products/keychron-mechanical-keyboard

Are the zealious v2 the best tactiles?

"Best" is just preference, but they are quite good. If a large, smooth, rounded bump sounds appealing then you'd probably like them.

What even is the point of tealios

linears in POM housings
that's it

You're thinking of novelkeys cream switch. Tealios don't use POM housings; they're polycarbonate if I'm not mistaken.

the bottom housings are actually made from nylon while the top is just a normal gateron housing

you can talk about it theoretically all you want, but I find it to be very comfortable to type on. even the vertically stacked keys are easy to press with my thumbs and on the left hand I can press ctrl and alt with the same thumb really easily when I need to.

nice iris, bro. what caps are you getting?

Attached: Iris.jpg (4032x2268, 414K)

do you use another monitor or do you turn your head? I don't get it