/spg/ - Smartphone General

F(x)tec Pro 1: Return of the QWERTY Slider Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gmi7.jpg (1218x1000, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/redmi_note_7_pro_to_be_announced_next_week-news-35640.php
koganmobile.com.au/small-365-day-prepaid-plan/
fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1-pre-order/
youtube.com/watch?v=uO8skNr7ERk
xda-developers.com/files/2019/02/Fxtec-Pro-1-Sliding-Keyboard.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just bought a pixel 3 on the google store sale to replace my pixel 1, did I screw up?

Attached: p3.png (1015x1496, 1.43M)

>return of the qwerty slider
great, now get rid of tactile screens

I can get either a Moto Z2 Force or a Google Pixel (or XL) second hand for $140
Which one should I get?
I want a nice camera but the SD821 is pretty old now
Tho, seems like Z2's screen tends to peel off after some time
Also, I'm not in the US so an old Samsung is not an option either because of Exynos CPUs

XZ1 Compact for £270 or wait for S10e?

Don't mind spending a fair whack but I want a phone I'll actually like and that will last, I've had shit luck in the past.

Got mugged and lost my phone, and I don't really have cash to buy a new one at the moment.

What is the "best" phone under $65 shipped that I can buy right now, just as a temporary solution?

Thanks.

Attached: 1550863119849.jpg (600x600, 67K)

What is a good phone that has that has a nice screen (preferably ips), headphone jack, good speakers and works on Verizon that isn't Samsung shit.

LG G7

What phone should I get /spg/? I'm on Verizon.

that's a tough one as anything chink will take a month to get to you
I'd look for used phones locally

£270 seems stupidly expensive for a 2 year old phone

Moto E5 or E5 Play prepaid is ~$60

Looks fucking fantastic thank you, just a few more questions. Can I unlock the bootloader? And is the display IPS?

mug somebody

It's the cheapest I've managed to find it, it's fucking annoying.

> Can I unlock the bootloader?
not on the US version

>And is the display IPS?
yes

Is there a global version of the redmi note 7 now? Also any news on the Pro version?

S10e

>Is there a global version of the redmi note 7 now?
not yet

>Also any news on the Pro version?
coming out this week:
gsmarena.com/redmi_note_7_pro_to_be_announced_next_week-news-35640.php

I heard this stuffs being revealed at some indian event on the 28th.

When is the normal Redmi 7, the A3 or A3 Lite gonna be announced?

Fuck the Notes.

so the global version on AliExpress are fakes?

>not on the US version
So how bloated is it, compared to Samsung?

I'd assume so, since there hasn't been an official announcement by Xiaomi yet. If you read the customer reviews on Aliexpress a lot of people are saying they received the Chinese version.

>modern phones
>last
It'll last you 3 years max before something goes to hell.

even if nothing breaks it will stop getting software support and shit will fall apart and stop working no matter what

Redmi note 7 is getting released tomorrow on flipkart in india
New here from india

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-232252.jpg (720x1440, 358K)

>The Energizer phone (Probably not going to be for consumers but still cool)
>Now this

Is 2019 the year of Jow Forums approved phones?

Attached: IMG_20190226_153101.jpg (930x644, 127K)

>display has rounded edges
sorry I'm too autistic to accept this

Is Note 9 still worth acquiring even if S10 line is out?

no

Truth is, even after arguing over features and comparing pixels on the cameras and whatnot, you can buy most phones mentioned here and be really happy with it.

I like the aesthetic desu

This is why you don't buy locked down phones.

I just don't know why the actual display, like, the part that emits light has the edges rounded off

seeing the s10 with the notch on the right makes me wonder how the fuck it was ever put on the center in the first place

it looks so fucking bad, seriously how was the center notch ever pushed? it's definitely a low point in design

Attached: notch.png (551x461, 176K)

I'm the previous thread someone posted a photo of the S10 with that hole area hidden. It is possible to hide, but you lose a substantial amount of space.

Didn't Apple pretty much say that they did it just to stand out from others? And then everyone just copied them lol.

no I mean samsung did it right by putting it in the corner and designing it that way

the google/apple center huge notch is what's retarded, that shit looks so stupid

is this a good thread to also get recommendations for phone plans/carriers?

I'm in USA now and I'm trying to find an equivalent plan to what I used to have:
koganmobile.com.au/small-365-day-prepaid-plan/
Roughly $10/month, unlimited call/sms, at least 1gb data/month.

WHAT'S THAT SEX AND WHERE DO I PURCHASE IT?

Republic Wireless is unlimited calls/sms for $15/mo + $5 for each GB of data. Mint Mobile is unlimited calls/sms and 3GB data for $15/mo if you pay for the whole year at once.

It can be yours for just 649€ / $649:
fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1-pre-order/

I regret that i bought the p20 pro a couple of months ago instead of the pixel 2xl

Attached: Screenshot_20190227_204242.jpg (1080x1216, 160K)

the year of Jow Forums approved phones will be the year of mainline kernel with full driver support on phones with physical keyboard.

>Three chinks that only kickstarted a moto z mod that didn't ship in the end
I'm still sceptical. The prototype also apparently felt flimsy, and the screen is going to change manufacturers.

go on swappa.com and buy a used phone. You can usually get a cheap moto g4-5 for about 50-60 bucks

why?

Is this a trustable e-store?

Attached: Screenshot_20190227_184949_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2240, 552K)

yes

Its a good phone don't get me wrong but its really ugly. It hauwei so people think its a 150$ phone and the software is fucking trash so it will die in a year

I think it looks nice, especially in this gradient color

Attached: 1200px-Huawei_P20_Pro_in_Paris.jpg (1200x900, 154K)

I need a new phone. I don't want a very powerful one, just one for calls and Internet browsing and that is butter smooth.
I was thinking about the Mi A2 lite. What do you guys think?
My budget is about 180€

Redmi Note 5 / 6 Pro / 7

What's the problem with the A2 lite? Is there something wrong with it?
Because I'd prefer stock android over the shitty MIUI.

I honestly hate the hole punch as much as the notch, if not more. It's so pronounced 100% of the time, and I can never forget its there. I really, really hope the industry doesn't start copying it

>Because I'd prefer stock android over the shitty MIUI
This is why you get a Redmi Note 5/6 Pro or 7 with a Snapdragon 636/660 and even more RAM options. And then you install a custom ROM.

well the SD625 is already kinda old, came out in early 2016, there was an user with an A2 Lite a few threads ago complaining about laggy scrolling. The SD636 in the Note 5/6 Pro is newer and much faster.

>I'd prefer stock android
Check out Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 or one of the Nokia phones like 7 Plus or 7.1 then.

What's a tactile screen?

I don't want pajeet roms nor do I have the time to try out new shit user bro.
I could buy the note 7 because of usb c and shit but I don't know when it will come out in my country.

meant for

It looks way better

Take this bullshit back to Jow Forums and just pick at random if you're this willingly incapable of deciding, forget anything else.

Redmi note 7/7pro or poco f1? Im sick of my iphone se and current iphones are retarded

Redpill me on why I should switch to Android. What can you do on Android that you can't do on iOS?
>inb4 you can root your phone
Tell me some cool features that would make me want to switch and root

Redmi Note 7 Pro is just about to be released. And what's your budget?

The zenfone is very attractive.
Why isn't it recommended often here?

Availability

>Tell me some cool features that would make me want to switch and root
Having ad blocking, a firewall and a VPN at the same time. Not something you can do without root and definitely not something you can do on iOS. Also, receiving the latest security and system updates for far longer any OEM decided to keep your device updated. I think everyone can appreciate this.

Because it isn't available locally almost anywhere and ordering online with customs/import taxes defeats the purpose of its pricing.

Around $300-$350, but most chinkphones dont have either usb c or a headphone jack

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS EVERYTHING I EVER ASKED FOR

>Around $300-$350
Get the Poco then.
>but most chinkphones dont have either usb c or a headphone jack
But the two you've mentioned do. Xiaomi's flagships often lack a headphone jack and a micro SD card slot though. I don't think their flagships are the majority of all the smartphones they manufacture.

Oh buy its available here and it looks like a gem of a phone.
I think I'll order one. Thank you for the help.

Is there any way to not let google mine your data? I know it's a choice of the lesser of 2 evils, but I trust Apple more than Google

What is the best S9+ case that isn't insanely bulky

youtube.com/watch?v=uO8skNr7ERk

Finally Jow Forumsphone turn into reality.

>rounded screen
>rounded corners
>no removable battery
Can't win 'em all, I guess.

>Is there any way to not let google mine your data?
Sure, just install a custom ROM without Google apps

If you care what people think just get an iPhone lmao

>tfw will have to wait at least a whole week for my s10+

>no headphone jack
>no sd slot
>no hair trimmer

Thank you senpai

force touch

i rly like the spigen "thin fit" on my s7, gives it a good bit more grip and has survived half a dozen drops

Don't listen to them. Don't buy Motorola if you want your phone to last longer than a year.

But you also need a ROM which supports signature spoofing and microG which is a Google Play Services FOSS replacement solution. Look into this.

What are the opinions on this concept idea for a less intrusive "notch"

Attached: cameraconcept.jpg (755x469, 97K)

retarded

I wouldn't be embarrassed to use it, so it's an improvement

>$1000
>notch
yes, you screwed up.

Looks like foldable phones will be the new fad.

Is it true that Samsung's flagships slow down over time due to the skin they put on top of Android or is it all just a meme, and if it's actually true is there some way to prevent it? I don't do anything besides go on the internet, watch videos, make calls/texts, take photos and use social media so I won't have a boat load of apps installed

Triggers my autism

Also pretty stupid since it's less symmetrical than the cutout design. If Samsung's recent patents are anything to go by I'm guessing Samsung will get rid of the cutout with the Note 10 by putting a camera on the S-Pen instead of the front upper bezel and then they'll get rid of that with the S11 or S12 by hiding all of the sensors under the display

it's all stupid
this 'no-bezel' meme needs to fucking die
nothing wrong with bezels given all these abominations the meme has created
>notch
>hole punch
>pop-out mechanism

JUST STAHP IT
go back to sizable comfy bezels that can house dual front facing speakers

pre ordered

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-142019.png (2160x1080, 409K)

>The prototype also apparently felt flimsy
Listen to this beautiful click.

xda-developers.com/files/2019/02/Fxtec-Pro-1-Sliding-Keyboard.mp4

Attached: F(x)tec-Pro-1-how-the-fuck-do-they-want-people-to-pronounce-their-name?.jpg (1024x562, 124K)

eurocuck want new s10e/s10. But SoC is a big turn off. What should i get instead

Attached: 1498156873942.jpg (512x512, 51K)

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G