Should I learn Haskell or Lisp to enlighten myself as a developer?

Should I learn Haskell or Lisp to enlighten myself as a developer?

Attached: 1024px-Lambda_lc.svg.png (1024x1024, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/avg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not assembly
>enlightened
pick one

no

Attached: minimalism_haskell2.png (500x600, 123K)

Try javascript, python and rust :^)

You should know assembly, C and Lisp.

Haskell, but then you'll be sad because there are no Haskell jobs in your city.
.t sad haskeller

You need to learn Javascript to be developer these days. Haskell and Lisp are only needed to autistic retards without job

Not OP but I'm currently getting familiar with FP with scheme because the syntax is so simple.
Then I might use Haskell.
I had to use OCaml back then but it left me so traumatized I wouldn't touch it again with a 10ft pole

Haskell is nicer, Lisp is more powerful and less autistic about pure functions. Haskell is probably more relevant than Lisp these days but it's still not relevant for getting a job.

>relevant than Lisp these days
All mainstream scripting languages with jobs are Lisp with glorified syntax, so Lisp is more relevant than Haskell.

Are you Jewish?
Yes -> Lisp
No -> Haskell

That's a good approach. Haskell 98 is also pretty simple, the language only gets hairy once you start learning the common GHC extensions (which are used heavily by modern Haskell libs).

Assembly becomes obsolete the moment another architecture becomes popular, stop LARPing.

>c
>works the way a computer really works
Made me kek hard.

Learn it to get a feel for solving problems in afunctional way. But never actually use it in production

to enlighten?
>NASM

to learn functional programming (assuming you gonna do parallel/distributed computing a lot)?
>Scala+Spark --or-- Haskell

Weather data, scientific computing, or accounting?
>Julia.

you're asking this in the worst possible place. read paulgraham.com/avg.html and make up your own damn mind.

>Jow Forums
>cites literally 20 year old blogpost.

I thought I was getting too old for this board, but apparently the boomer meme is real.

>only old people read historically relevant content
you may be retarded

Fuck you