Hi

Hi
Vim vs Sublime text vs Notepad++
Who win?

Attached: 1234.jpg (825x500, 66K)

The one that can edit text.

Vim without question. Main reason is you're guaranteed to have it. It's the administrator's best friend.

Hi
Pencil and Paper
okay, thanks

you mean vi not vim

VSCode

None.

VSCode is the one that wins.

Fast, everywhere, and open source.

the one that gets the job done ie

VS code

the users, the more options the better.
also, vscode

emacs

Libreoffice

on the most systems vi is vim
open your terminal right now, type vi and with 99% probability it will see VIM - Vi IMproved

i cant tell if youre retarded or if normie distros are retarded enough to alias vi to vim

I never use Vim as sys admin all my configs are managed hands free via software.

The latter, sadly.

>you're guaranteed to have it
"No!"

>Notepad++
Hum... winshit no thanks
>sublime
yeah pretty cool with some extensions and configs you can do a lot of stuff easily
>vi/vim
the best editor, takes a lot of time to fully master while sublime is a lot easier
So if you want a quick experience for programmers sure if you want full god text editor that you can run everywhere vi/vim (i dont like emacs but it's better than the rest at least)
VSCode/Atom - tried them didn't enjoy them as much as sublime as a "graphical editor"/semi-ide
IDE's suck.
both, i test a lot of distros and yeah... people are fucking stupid

VIM AND NOTEPAD++ DONT FUCKING ASK ME TO "BUY THE FULL VERSION" WHEN I GOT TO SAVE EVERY 5 FUCKING MINUTES

vi even might point to a different executable and still be vim

Attached: 1526959622165.png (378x357, 81K)

Visual Studio Code

I got used to Emacs' indenting and I just can't do without it anymore. So even if other editors might fare better, I can't live without that fucking amazing indenting.

Geist
/thread

Vim, because I expended so much time learning it that I will feel very stupid admitting I wasted my time.

If you use vi for anything other than an ssh session to tweak a config file one time you're retarded. Sublime is good for regular desktop use if you're working on big scripts. Powershell ide for windows scripting.

This thread is retarded.

>sublime
>a fucking proprietary nagware text editor
please stop shilling this trash everywhere

gedit